The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Kinya28

Washington trip, August 2019
Hoh Rainforest #6, Olympic NP

This is the last image I took at Hoh Rainforest. I needed to set up my tripod as high as possible and as close to tree trunk as possible to get this composition. I couldn't see LCD monitor to define composition. Fortunately, I could get a composition I wanted after several trial shots just before direct sun light started hitting at here.

IQ4-150, Cambo-WRS 1600, Rodie HR70mm, Kept DB almost vertical and raised to get this composition , ISO50, f11, Focus stacked

Kinya

Attachments

Last edited:

Kinya28

Second Beach, Olympic NP

I didn't get dramatic lights or colorful skies for my first couple visits to the beach. I've never seen such a huge amount of driftwoods at beach.

Converted to B&W for this image, a rare trial for me.
IQ4-150, Cambo-WRS 1600, Rodie HR40mm, DB raised to get this composition , ISO50, f11, Focus stacked

Kinya

Attachments

Kinya28

Kinya Nice
How many stacks and what software? Thanks.
Thank you! Took 4 images but needed only 3. It became more accurate and faster to make focus stack image with IQ4 Focus Peaking capability.
(My HR40mm doesn't have tilt/swing)

Kinya

vjbelle

Kinya... I have also found that peaking in the 4150 is extremely helpful for stacking. I've practiced with longer lenses which require slightly tighter stacking distances and have had 100% success. Good to see you are also reaping the benefits...

Victor

Kinya28

Do you use Helicon or Zerene? Thanks.
Sorry, forgot to mention. I used Photoshop, Edit/Auto-Align layers then Edit/Auto-Blend layers for stacking. It works almost all the time.
I assume Helicon/Zerene have advantage over PS, if so, what is it?

Kinya

vjbelle

Zerene has advantages over Helicon and Helicon has advantages over PS. The methodology for the advantages is beyond me but if a stack has ghosting or blurring in PS (not talking about wind but rather difficulty in creating a flawless stack) Helicon will almost always eliminate it. If Helicon has ghosting or blurring then Zerene will almost always eliminate it. I have all of them and almost always use Zerene. By eliminate it I mean on the 'fly'. There is always the ability to edit one of the stack images to fix issues but this takes a fair amount of extra time. The Prosumer license is lifetime as is Helicon's pro edition.

Victor

Last edited:

Kinya28

Ruby Beach, Olympic NP

Fortunately, we could have a beautiful Sunset on our last day at Olympic NP.
This is the last image from Olympic NP in 2019.

IQ4-150, Cambo-WRS 1600, Rodie HR40mm, SS 1/15 with Frame Averaging 10 seconds, ISO50, f11

Kinya

Attachments

Kinya28

Zerene has advantages over Helicon and Helicon has advantages over PS. The methodology for the advantages is beyond me but if a stack has ghosting or blurring in PS (not talking about wind but rather difficulty in creating a flawless stack) Helicon will almost always eliminate the it. If Helicon has ghosting or blurring then Zerene will almost always eliminate it. I have all of them and almost always use Zerene. By eliminate it I mean on the 'fly'. There is always the ability to edit one of the stack images to fix issues but this takes a fair amount of extra time. The Prosumer license is lifetime as is Helicon's pro edition.

Victor
Victor,
Thank you for your clarification. I now have a motivation to try Zerene.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Hoh Rainforest #5, Olympic NP

I know I keep uploading images from same location, Hoh Rainforest, but this is my favorite image of this series.
I promise, this is the next to last from there.

IQ4-150, Cambo-WRS 1600, Rodie HR40mm, Kept DB vertical and raised to get this composition , ISO50, f11, Focus stacked

Kinya
Kinya,

I live here and know just how hard shooting the rain forest is. Just ask Stevenfr ... people don’t understand how challenging getting beauty from chaos can be but you’re nailing it.

Kinya28

Tipsoo Lake, Mount Rainier NP

Visited Tipsoo Lake at Mount Rainier NP, it was a beautiful place though we could stay only a few hours in the morning.

IQ4-150, Cambo-WRS 1600, Rodie HR40mm, , ISO50, f11, 2x Focus stacking

Kinya

Attachments

Last edited:

Kinya28

Tipsoo Lake, Mount Rainier NP

Hiked up the hill after I captured previous lakeside image. I might be able to capture better image if I stand here at dawn, pre-sunrise not post sunrise. Nonetheless, I was happy to observe beautiful sunrise with perfect reflection.

P1 IQ4-150, Cambo WRS-1600, Rodenstock HR40mm, f11, Focus and Exposure stacking

Kinya

Attachments

Smoothjazz

Kinya always finds the best shots!

His work is good enough to lure me into buying my own Cambo WRS AND 40mm lens. Now I have to get out there and use it!

This one is exceptional from the series. I struggle to find the perfect fern (as you did) but this is a superb composition. :thumbs:

Kinya28

Full moonrise over Seattle Skyline. I stopped by this famous Seattle Skyline viewing location a night before I flew back home.
This is the last image of my trip to Washington State in August. Thank you for viewing my photos.

P1 IQ4-150, Cambo WRS-1600, SK150mm, f11, Horizontally shifted and stitched.

Kinya

Attachments

Greg Haag

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, my name is Greg Haag, I am a commercial real estate developer based in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I have shot medium format for years, but am new to technical cameras and have lots to learn. I just received my camera yesterday, so I had to get out this morning and shoot something. Fortunately, there was a beautiful sunrise at the office this morning. Several members active in this tread were extremely helpful in helping with my kit selection and I really appreciate it! I welcome any guidance or critique, this feels a bit unfamiliar at the moment.

P1 IQ3-100, Cambo WRS-1600, Rodenstock HR32mm, f11, Shift 10 mm

hboffice.jpg

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, my name is Greg Haag, I am a commercial real estate developer based in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I have shot medium format for years, but am new to technical cameras and have lots to learn. I just received my camera yesterday, so I had to get out this morning and shoot something. Fortunately, there was a beautiful sunrise at the office this morning. Several members active in this tread were extremely helpful in helping with my kit selection and I really appreciate it! I welcome any guidance or critique, this feel a bit unfamiliar at the moment.

P1 IQ3-100, Cambo WRS-1600, Rodenstock HR32mm, f11, Shift 10 degrees

View attachment 143942
Congratulations on the new gear!

You’ll want to do an LCC for such images. The color cast can otherwise be fairly distracting.

Greg Haag

Congratulations on the new gear!

You’ll want to do an LCC for such images. The color cast can otherwise be fairly distracting.
Thanks Doug, I did the LCC, I think somehow I did not do it correctly in Capture One Pro. I will try again and see if I can figure it out.