The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

algrove

are you getting reflections off them? there’s a horizontal line in the sky above the barn (end elevation) and some odd halos on the other shot. is that the filters doing that?
Believe not.
Horizontal line was strange cloud formation.

Haloing is present in most Phase files which is irritating. Others have it too when mountains or buidlings are present against bright sky.

algrove

What a difference a day makes:). Just thought I would post another image of Mormon Row one day after my first post. This is why it's so much fun to shoot in the shoulder seasons.

4150, Schneider 60 Digitar, Around 10mm rise, crop to 16X9

Cheers,

Victor
Bet you were not alone this morning.

MrSmith

Believe not.
Horizontal line was strange cloud formation.

Haloing is present in most Phase files which is irritating. Others have it too when mountains or buidlings are present against bright sky.
ah i see, i have a similar problem with my still life but on a smaller scale where i get a halo edge on high contrast edges (like metal/glass) that loses colour information/definition. i think it’s to do with light bouncing back off one of surfaces of the cover glass.

rsinclair

Yes I also use IR filters for some projects and occasionally red and yellow filters as well but on theese three images above no filters was used other than IR cut.
Thanks Peter. I use the 486 IR on substantially all, and depending on the case use red or orange. I asked b/c the fog is handled well in your mound photos.

Cheers,
Robert

Greg Haag

I was traveling for work and had someone with me, I saw this creek and wanted to take a picture, so I asked if they would mind waiting for a few minutes and graciously that said they would be glad to. So I was rushing and not as observant about my surroundings and as I walked back onto the bank step right beside the snake in the second image. At least in northern Arkansas snakes have been very active the past 30 days.

IQ3100 Cambo 1600 Rodenstock 32

Creek.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

algrove

ah i see, i have a similar problem with my still life but on a smaller scale where i get a halo edge on high contrast edges (like metal/glass) that loses colour information/definition. i think it’s to do with light bouncing back off one of surfaces of the cover glass.
Wonder if using a pola filter or strong grad would help?

vjbelle

A different image of Oxbow bend very early in the morning and around 10 degrees!! This was about 5 minutes from when the sun hit the very tops of the mountains. Frame averaged....

4150, Schneider 120 Digitar, Actus with some rise.

Cheers,

Victor

Attachments

Greg Haag

Beautiful shot! and congrats on your 90HR :)
Thank you Jawad! The surprising thing for me at least on this trip, was if I could have had a 3rd lens I would have picked something longer than the 90. I had been thinking the 50 would be next, but now I am not sure?