The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Pelorus

Thanks for the kind words. I actually spent some time trying to get a car or a tram in that foreground area. The first thing I learned is that I'm no action photographer...my reflexes suck:) But when I finally got a couple of shots I didn't like the look anyway...and then the glorious light went anyway. Like many of us I come from a history of being told "you can't have an empty foreground". I guess it depends what "empty" means.

I like that you are not afraid of the shadows. I have a bad habit of opening the shadows too much.

Jamgolf

Thank you Jawad! The surprising thing for me at least on this trip, was if I could have had a 3rd lens I would have picked something longer than the 90. I had been thinking the 50 would be next, but now I am not sure?
Greg
Caddo Lake definitely has some opportunities great for a long lens. Such an unusually enchanting place.
You did great with the 90 though and 138HRSW would be a wonderful addition to the kit :)
For me its not a question of "if" - I will most definitelty get it as soon as its available.

Pemihan

Panamint Valley seen from the South Pass into Saline Valley, Death Valley NP.
In the background is a snow covered Telescope Peak in the Panamint Range with an elevation of 11,049 feet (3,368 m). On the valley floor is the Panamint Dunes and Lake Hill.

Cambo WRS, Rodie 40HR, IQ3 Achro. Cropped to taste.

dchew

sk60xl, 10mm back fall. Frame Average (30) 1-sec images.

I wanted to shoot this weekend. Light rain, leaves are pretty good. But it is windy.
:thumbdown:

Dave

JeffK

nicely done. Standard IR cut filter? Something special? Nothing but post processing to get the dark sky reflection?

ANOTHER one of DrPaul's places.
STC/90au/tilt1.5/ISO200base/f11/0.2 sec

Also listed under IQ4150 Achromatic images

"Floating"

darr

I was traveling for work and had someone with me, I saw this creek and wanted to take a picture, so I asked if they would mind waiting for a few minutes and graciously that said they would be glad to. So I was rushing and not as observant about my surroundings and as I walked back onto the bank step right beside the snake in the second image. At least in northern Arkansas snakes have been very active the past 30 days.

IQ3100 Cambo 1600 Rodenstock 32

View attachment 144658

View attachment 144659
I have done this twice, but alligators not snakes are there. :bugeyes:

Kind regards,
Darr

kimyeesan

WuKang Mansion
Alpa 12 PLUS + Rodenstock Alpagon HR 70mm f/5.6
Phaseone IQ4 150mp
3 Image Vertical stitch

The Wukang Mansion or Wukang Building (Chinese: 武康大楼), formerly known as the Normandie Apartments or International Savings Society Apartments, is a protected historic apartment building in the former French Concession area of Shanghai. It was designed by the Hungarian-Slovak architect László Hudec and completed in 1924. The building has been the residence of many celebrities. (From Wikipedia)