The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Greg Haag

Re: ALPA images

Dan,
Awesome tree! Nobody is posting because your images are too intimidating.
;)
Here's one I found while "re-mining" my PODAS images from Death Valley. I've got to do some more work on this because the colors in the dunes are whacky in places.

STC, SK43xl, P65+

Dave
Dave, I always enjoy going back thru this thread, tonight I went to page one and found this gem, beautiful image from Death Valley!

dchew

Dave, I always enjoy going back thru this thread, tonight I went to page one and found this gem, beautiful image from Death Valley!
Wow Greg, that is a blast from the past. That morning, Saturday 8-Apr-2011, was a defining time for me. It was the day we were leaving PODAS. Big wind storm the day before, but two of us decided to get up early and go back to the dunes before leaving knowing the footprints would all be gone. It was still pretty darn windy that morning. I've always wondered who the group was on the upper left dune; note the blowing sand:

The the other guy with me was using his Canon, shooting hundreds of images as the light was changing fast. I was working in molasses, using the technical camera for all of a month or so at that point. I learned a lot about what not to do that morning! I think there is still sand in that bag. But, even with all the grinding sand, I loved using the camera and have never looked back.

Here is how I've changed the image over the years.

Dave

Greg Haag

Dave, great to have the background story to an awesome shot! Kind of a Paul Harvey moment, "And now WE know the rest of the story!”

Last edited:

alajuela

Hi

I am not sure where to post this - In Achromatic or Tech since it's both, I'll try both and see who complains ;-)

IQ4 150MP Achromatic
XT Handheld
32mm
f/5.6, 1/320, iso 640

Thanks for looking

dchew

The usual suspects. 60xl, 2-image stitch 18mm each way. I am still shooting the 60xl with LCC's and CF. There is a bit of falloff without an LCC on the 4150. I should probably try ditching the CF but not the LCC.

Dave

dchew

Nice tranquil colors
Thank you, Philip. I've been wondering if it is too magenta, so I went back and looked. When hovering around the ice, A channel in Lab ranges from 0-1, so not too bad. I was surprised at how few develop movements I made! I do like the way the desaturation slider works in C1. This was a mild ice storm, and it was those muted colors that attracted me in the first place. I'm glad it communicates that traquility.

I really like how the 4150 deals with overcast color.

Ciao,
Dave

darr

Old Trucks

ALPA Max + SK 47/5.6 + P45

I need some “likes” guys. My beloved Linhof fell off her tripod today :(
She is ready to ship to Bob at Precision Camera for repair. My heart is heavy, but there is hope as this is not the first Linhof Bob has fixed for me. He does great work for anyone needing a camera repair.

Kind regards,
Darr

pegelli

Re: Old Trucks

Ouch, I feel for you. Hope it will be fixed soon. If you post some more pics I will like them (as usual ;) , since most of them are very good in my mind)​

alajuela

Best of luck, Linhofs have a tough reputation.

Nice image, very pleasing to the eye, don't you love the P45+?

Good luck

Phil

She is ready to ship to Bob at Precision Camera for repair. My heart is heavy, but there is hope as this is not the first Linhof Bob has fixed for me. He does great work for anyone needing a camera repair.

Kind regards,
Darr[/QUOTE]

dchew

Kind regards,
Darr
Hey Darr,
I’m sure Bob will work his magic and have your friend back in the Tripod saddle in no time. Let us know when she is back!

Dave

alajuela

Thank you, Philip. I've been wondering if it is too magenta, so I went back and looked. When hovering around the ice, A channel in Lab ranges from 0-1, so not too bad. I was surprised at how few develop movements I made! I do like the way the desaturation slider works in C1. This was a mild ice storm, and it was those muted colors that attracted me in the first place. I'm glad it communicates that traquility.

I really like how the 4150 deals with overcast color.

Ciao,
Dave

Hi Dave

It's nice to see the work flow, the image really conveys that winter feeling (I grew up in Michigan). Isn't it nice when you get home and see what you captured, and it just sorta tells you what to do it, when you look at it on the screen? :salute:

Best

Phil