The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

darr

Re: Old Trucks

Best of luck, Linhofs have a tough reputation.

Nice image, very pleasing to the eye, don't you love the P45+?

Good luck

Phil
Phil,

Even tho I use my CFV-50c more due to its Live View, I do appreciate the P45 files. Both backs produce great results, but I honestly do not use the P45 enough.

darr

Hey Darr,
I’m sure Bob will work his magic and have your friend back in the Tripod saddle in no time. Let us know when she is back!

Dave
Will report back, Dave. She is going to his new location in Fairfield, CA. I figure it may be a while since it is so close to his new move, but we’ll see. It’s not like I do not have any cameras to shoot with. ;)

Kin regards,
Darr

dchew

Sk90, 2-stop H&Y GND, Alpa 12+, IQ4 150. Two-image stitch shifted 20mm L/R with a little back rise.

Simple fun with a new camera.
:cool:

Dave

dchew

Beautiful image Dave, how is that new Alpa?
Thank you, Greg. It was more of a test, forcing a pano when maybe it wasn't the best choice. As you might imagine, I fumbled around quite a bit. Using rise/fall while shooting a pano is so foreign to me I almost forgot to do it! Didn't matter much in this case, but a good test regardless. Setting up may have been even easier than with the STC because of how I have things arranged in the bag. The little things make a difference to me. For example, the back sits with the 17mm mounted. If I need it (like I did here), I just take the cover off. If I don't need it (60xl), then I just separate the 17mm adapter from the back and mount it. I used to have to take the 17mm out of a soft bag, remove the back, add in the 17mm and replace the back.

To answer your question, so far so good despite my re-learning process after almost a decade of doing the same thing. I think the 12+ will eventually make me more creative. That's what it is all about, eh?

Dave

Greg Haag

Thank you, Greg. It was more of a test, forcing a pano when maybe it wasn't the best choice. As you might imagine, I fumbled around quite a bit. Using rise/fall while shooting a pano is so foreign to me I almost forgot to do it! Didn't matter much in this case, but a good test regardless. Setting up may have been even easier than with the STC because of how I have things arranged in the bag. The little things make a difference to me. For example, the back sits with the 17mm mounted. If I need it (like I did here), I just take the cover off. If I don't need it (60xl), then I just separate the 17mm adapter from the back and mount it. I used to have to take the 17mm out of a soft bag, remove the back, add in the 17mm and replace the back.

To answer your question, so far so good despite my re-learning process after almost a decade of doing the same thing. I think the 12+ will eventually make me more creative. That's what it is all about, eh?

Dave
I look forward to seeing what magic your work with the new camera!

Geoff

Will report back, Dave. She is going to his new location in Fairfield, CA. I figure it may be a while since it is so close to his new move, but we’ll see. It’s not like I do not have any cameras to shoot with. ;)

Kin regards,
Darr
I think he's up and running... sorry to hear your news. Perhaps necessity is truly the mother of invention, and you'll find inspiration in older gear....it will all work out!

Geoff

dchew

Weird to think 10 days ago I was in Washington. Seems like a decade ago.

sk60xl, Alpa 12+, IQ4 150 DE+ mode.

Dave

Last edited:

danlindberg

Killing time in lockdown times.
Hasselblad X1D + ALPA 12 plus + Hasselblad CF80/2.8

7 image focus stack. One lightsource - kitchen window, zero reflectors. 1/15 • f8 • 400 iso

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Killing time in lockdown times.
Hasselblad X1D + ALPA 12 plus + Hasselblad CF80/2.8

7 image focus stack. One lightsource - kitchen window, zero reflectors. 1/15 • f8 • 400 iso

Hello Dan . Hope you are doing fine .
A great shot of a wonderful camera . :thumbs:

danlindberg

classy shot, looks great!

Is it for sale? :rolleyes:
Thanks & Noooooo, it is such a lovely cam. Bought new by me, actually it was a 50th birthday gift for my mom (she is 74 this year), but she never liked the viewfinder so I 'stole' it back within months. :grin: