The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Shashin

Thanks & Noooooo, it is such a lovely cam. Bought new by me, actually it was a 50th birthday gift for my mom (she is 74 this year), but she never liked the viewfinder so I 'stole' it back within months. :grin:
The Contax is a great camera, but I agree with your mother. The viewfinder I found uncomfortable to use. I ended up with a Konica Hexar Silver, which had a really nice viewfinder.

But the same thing happened with me. The technical camera I bought for my wife to replace her Olympus Mju, she did not use. But I found a use for it... :angel:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ah, it was May of 1999, and we were on our honeymoon in Tuscany with a Yashica T4. At this monastic ruin (San Galgano)

there was a shoot going on - photographers, lights, models... and there was a guy with two Pentax 67's hanging around his neck taking pictures of the ruins with his T4. I thought it would have made a superb advertisement. :toocool:

Yes, getting :OT:, but WTH. I have no idea what happened to that camera. It had a superb lens.

Matt

anyone

Hexar2_web.jpg

Nice initiative, Dan - I'll join in. One of my favourites is definitely the Hexar.

Linhof Techno, Macro Digitar 80mm wide open, IQ 160, focus stack with 9 images - and I do not know if it's worth mentioning at this size, no sharpening applied.

Last edited:

PSon

Stunning colors! Really nice shot. Did you correct the fisheye in post, or is it not visible due to crop factor?
No LCC or other color correction at all, if you pay attention to the very edge of the forground, you will see the circular distortion of the fisheye lens. I actually wanted this distortion look on the edges since I always see the Artist Palette more of an Artist’s Heart than a palette. The “heart” center of the palette has no significant visual translated distortion. Additional info please see my response to Dan on the next page below:

PSon

Beautiful!
May I ask what you think of the Cfi30 ? How much can you shift?
Hi Dan, I don’t remember the exact amount but the photo presented above was a 2 vertical IQ3100 sensor images stitched together. This essentially is a full image circle that the lens was meant to render on the full square format film. I think from this information you can calculate how much the actual functional shift was done.

pegelli

Another old favourite! (Dusty though)
Nice shot, it looks a bit more used than the Contax but it carries those blemishes with honour ;)
Did you put it on a mirror or just a nice polished black surface? I know you can also achieve such an effect in photoshop but this looks more genuine (or is extremely well done)

After seeing your contax shot I decided to try something similar with my M2 once it's back from CLA (whenever that may be, I hope the guy who's doing the work can continue during the current crisis).

Also because I wanted to shoot some more FP4+ I dove in my attic today and recovered my OM4T, not such a classic as the OM2 but very much the same DNA. Took 21 shots today and hope to finish the roll over the weekend (we're still allowed to go out as long as we keep a safe distance from people who don't live in our "silo"). I must say I enjoyed the experience and the camera still seems to work well. After the first few shots it started to become more familiar, allthough the split image/microprism focussing screen took a bit longer to get used to.

Are you still using yours? If not maybe now during this period when we all have more time it's a good idea to load it up and do a little trip down nostalgia lane :cool:

danlindberg

Hi Dan, I don’t remember the exact amount but the photo presented above was a 2 vertical IQ3100 sensor images stitched together. This essentially is a full image circle that the lens was meant to render on the full square format film. I think from this information you can calculate how much the actual functional shift was done.
Thank you, that is helpful!

danlindberg

Nice shot, it looks a bit more used than the Contax but it carries those blemishes with honour ;)
Did you put it on a mirror or just a nice polished black surface? I know you can also achieve such an effect in photoshop but this looks more genuine (or is extremely well done)

After seeing your contax shot I decided to try something similar with my M2 once it's back from CLA (whenever that may be, I hope the guy who's doing the work can continue during the current crisis).

Also because I wanted to shoot some more FP4+ I dove in my attic today and recovered my OM4T, not such a classic as the OM2 but very much the same DNA. Took 21 shots today and hope to finish the roll over the weekend (we're still allowed to go out as long as we keep a safe distance from people who don't live in our "silo"). I must say I enjoyed the experience and the camera still seems to work well. After the first few shots it started to become more familiar, allthough the split image/microprism focussing screen took a bit longer to get used to.

Are you still using yours? If not maybe now during this period when we all have more time it's a good idea to load it up and do a little trip down nostalgia lane :cool:
I just put them straight onto the kitchen worktop, black granite and ambient light from the window. The simplest of simple :)

I actually have had an OM4 as well, but the OM2 is more pure in my opinion and my own preference. As to the blemishes. I have had 'many' cameras in my day but I am not the guy who handle cameras so that they end up like this OM2. (but I do like the look of it) No, this particular one has a long story.....the extreme short version is that it belonged to a famous swedish photographer that travelled the world. This OM2 was on one of his journeys in Vietnam and some years after it was given to me as a gift. I believe somewhere around -82-83 and I have never, not once, shot a film with this cam. But, I am tempted now to load it with a B&W and shot with the lovely Zuiko 21/2 which today is rare.

Yes, you noticed the difference in condition with the Contax :) that one I have taken care of from the beginning!

pegelli

I actually have had an OM4 as well, but the OM2 is more pure in my opinion and my own preference.
I agree, my dad had an OM2 that he unfortunately sold. The OM1 and OM2 were really the "godfathers" of the OM line, even up to some of the digital models today. However I was shooting a lot of slide film those days and thought that a spot meter was a "must have" :loco:, so I first got an OM2SP (still got it as well) that was a nice camera but battery drain while being not used was terrible, a pair of batteries lasted 2-3 weeks and then they were flat, so I got a OM4T which is much better in that regard. Wether I really "needed" the spot meter is a question, but I did use it a lot.

mristuccia

I realised I had to fine tune/shim the Cambo Wide DS rear interface for my back. I could not reach perfect infinity focus.
It was a long, boring trial and error work. Finally it seems I have nailed it. Hope this will last long enough.

From a new series called "Hybrids".

Thanks for watching.

jng

I realised I had to fine tune/shim the Cambo Wide DS rear interface for my back. I could not reach perfect infinity focus.
It was a long, boring trial and error work. Finally it seems I have nailed it. Hope this will last long enough.

From a new series called "Hybrids".

Thanks for watching.
Marco,

It's good to know that you were able to work out the issues and put your 40 IF to good use - it's a spectacular lens (albeit a bit of a beast)!

John

pegelli

Dan , I have some lenses for you and your OLYMPUS.
Wow, that's a nice set Jürgen, almost complete at f2 and then the 55/1.2 to boot. I only have one f2 lens, the 85 mm but that's a real favourite of mine. Most of my others are from the f2.8 series (and still looking for a nice 35 mm, f2 or f2.8).

I've never seen these "chrome" fronts, was that some kind of special edition?

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Wow, that's a nice set Jürgen, almost complete at f2 and then the 55/1.2 to boot. I only have one f2 lens, the 85 mm but that's a real favourite of mine. Most of my others are from the f2.8 series (and still looking for a nice 35 mm, f2 or f2.8).

I've never seen these "chrome" fronts, was that some kind of special edition?
Yes , Pieter , special customizing .
I have posted that image , with details in an other thread , some time ago , but I can't find it anymore .
Have a look to olypedia.de om-labor . Gordon Friedrich used to have almost all lenses for customizing ,
but they seem to be currently out of stock .

danlindberg

:bugeyes: WoW, that is one hell of a collection!!! I have never seen the chrome version either. Absolutely beautiful!
I had another OM2 (silver) that was in perfect condition and I sold that together with my Zuiko lenses, but I only had the 50/1.4 and 85/2. I kept the 21 and the battered black OM2.

If I had those, I would honestly get rid of everything else 35mm that I have! (Canon Fd + Contax).
Thank you very much for posting this. Great!!!

Dan , I have some lenses for you and your OLYMPUS .

View attachment 148233