The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

beano_z

Following my post in the BTS thread, here are the final images shot on the digital back, both are crops made from single exposures as I felt that the rapid movement of the clouds and change of the light combined with the relatively long exposure would create artefacts in the sky so I didn't want to do any stitched images.

The film images will have to wait until I get home to get developed and scanned, hopefully at least one or two images would have worked out, I'm always nervous shooting high contrast scenes on film, even negatives.

Just a note, after the shot of the first image (which was a sunrise) I noticed condensation on my lens, but it was too late for me to re-shoot. I've tried to salvage the image as much as possible, but the highlight area's in the middle do suffer from it still, just a reminder that I should always leave more time to let the camera come up to temperature before I start shooting :facesmack:

P0002348 Shenzhen Talent Park 1;2 Crop - 30-Jun-2020 by BB, on Flickr

P0002345 Shenzhen Lianhuashan Park 16;9 Crop - 29-Jun-2020 by BB, on Flickr

P. Chong

The horizontal clutch mechanism on a vintage Roger Dubuis Chronograph Retrograde Perpetual Calendar. Linhof Technica at full extension, with Hasselblad CFV back, and Schneider Kreuznach 90mm f/9 lens. No movements applied, as the Linhof tilt is not geared and too difficult to make precise movements. Photographed at f/22. Full frame shown.

rd-horizontal-clutch.jpg

PASCVAL

Hello everybody,
I only want to say hello to everybody in this feed showing nice large format photos and sharing interesting technical infos.
I just put my firs photo here done with an arca swiss M with rodi hr60
The full serie can be shown on Behance:

I wish you nice light
Pascval

Attachments

dave.gt

Alright, alright, alright, to quote someone...it is time for some more tech camera images! Only one for the entire month?

Whatcha got?:)

jng

Alright, alright, alright, to quote someone...it is time for some more tech camera images! Only one for the entire month?

Whatcha got?:)
Hi Dave,

I've been posting images in the "Fun with MF Images" thread as it seems that most members have been posting there. But OK, I'll bite - here's the third and final image in a series from my latest and so far only successful adventure to the Marin Headlands to capture the fog rolling over the Golden Gate. This one took a bit of extra work: it's a flat stitch of a 5-layer median blend (i.e., I captured 5 successive images, shifted, captured another 5 successive images, blended each stack, then stitched).

John

Golden Gate Fog after Dark
P10_20_2020_25309-19_stack_stitch_corrected_16x9-FrameShop.jpg
WRS 1250 | IQ3100 | SK 120 ASPH | f/11 | 30 sec | 5-layer median blend | 2-image stitch

dave.gt

Hi Dave,

I've been posting images in the "Fun with MF Images" thread as it seems that most members have been posting there. But OK, I'll bite - here's the third and final image in a series from my latest and so far only successful adventure to the Marin Headlands to capture the fog rolling over the Golden Gate. This one took a bit of extra work: it's a flat stitch of a 5-layer median blend (i.e., I captured 5 successive images, shifted, captured another 5 successive images, blended each stack, then stitched).

John

Golden Gate Fog after Dark
View attachment 177967
WRS 1250 | IQ3100 | SK 120 ASPH | f/11 | 30 sec | 5-layer median blend | 2-image stitch
Wow, John, that is lovely.:)

The amount of knowledge, skill, experience and just plain work involved in creating such an image is enormous and not many people realize that, so I must offer my appreciation. And I thank you for both inspiration and sharing yet another insight into your work!:):):)

mristuccia

Okay, let's try to animate this thread, although with something different from the beautiful landscapes and cityscapes you post here. :)

Still documenting the big mess of construction sites here in Berlin.
This has been taken with the Hasselblad 40 IF + CFV-50c Mk1 on a Cambo WDS with 11mm front lens rise. Color graded to my personal taste. No LCC applied.

I see that the inline image preview kinda ruins/defocus the image, click on it to see it the right way in the lightbox.

Thanks for viewing.

20201025_BERLIN_BerlinUnsichtbar_B_0891_framed_meta.jpg

Last edited:

dave.gt

How about some banal landscapes?:)

Or... cat pictures? LOL...

I am really missing the tech cam posts and as we go into a long winter, it would be nice to see more images! Archived images would be fine...:)