The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad SWC(digital)?

johnnygoesdigital

Is it possible to mount a DB to a Hasselblad SWC (903). I know this might be a silly question, but given that there's a V mount for DB's, I thought perhaps it might be useable on a SWC. I'm not familiar with the SWC, but have seen recent prints that were outstanding! I am very intrigued by this camera, I love mirror-less cameras, as I think they shoot the best. Much like an Alpa TC, but in analog form, which is a medium whose quality and texture I'm starting to appreciate...again.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Is it possible to mount a DB to a Hasselblad SWC (903). I know this might be a silly question, but given that there's a V mount for DB's, I thought perhaps it might be useable on a SWC. I'm not familiar with the SWC, but have seen recent prints that were outstanding! I am very intrigued by this camera, I love mirror-less cameras, as I think they shoot the best. Much like an Alpa TC, but in analog form, which is a medium whose quality and texture I'm starting to appreciate...again.
I can only speak from experience on Phase One H/P(6MP,11MP,22MP,39MP,40MP,60.5MP models) series backs that yes they do mount on the SWC just fine-V-Mount and work. Never tested the P30+ because Phase One recommends against using it with Wide Angle Lenses because of Microlenses (see link to Knowledgebase article).

The reason I mentioned is that I know that you are very interested in the P30+ model from your previous posts, and our discussions. I also remember you had a bad experience with your H3D31 (same sensor) on a technical camera that you documented on the forum.

So just wanted to remind you again about the Microlenses.

Lance

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yea I would certainly go with a used P40 plus. I'm sure Lance can hook you there too. I had them both and the P40 overall is the better back IMHO.

johnnygoesdigital

I can only speak from experience on Phase One H/P(6MP,11MP,22MP,39MP,40MP,60.5MP models) series backs that yes they do mount on the SWC just fine-V-Mount and work. Never tested the P30+ because Phase One recommends against using it with Wide Angle Lenses because of Microlenses (see link to Knowledgebase article).

The reason I mentioned is that I know that you are very interested in the P30+ model from your previous posts, and our discussions. I also remember you had a bad experience with your H3D31 (same sensor) on a technical camera that you documented on the forum.

So just wanted to remind you again about the Microlenses.

Lance

Thanks Lance and Guy,

Yes, the P30+ is an awesome DB, but the limitations with too wide lenses are somewhat frustrating. Although mounting a p30+ on an Alpa TC, using a 60mm lens is absolutely useable, in fact, I saw a 43mmXL used on a Cambo WRS, and it did not produce a bad lcc original as first thought, but that lens would be that absolute minimum. I would use the 60mm for when i'm 1000 feet up, but it would be tempting to have a wider lens for ground shots and landscapes.

DDudenbostel

I use my CFV39 back on the SWC/M with no problems. Also use it on my Technikardan with a 35 Apo Grandagon digital with no problems. I just make a correction shot and apply it in conversion and the images look great. I don't even have to do that with the SWC/M.

johnnygoesdigital

I use my CFV39 back on the SWC/M with no problems. Also use it on my Technikardan with a 35 Apo Grandagon digital with no problems. I just make a correction shot and apply it in conversion and the images look great. I don't even have to do that with the SWC/M.
Can you post any images using the CFV39?