Site Sponsors

Thread: Hasselblad SWC(digital)?

Senior Member johnnygoesdigital's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad SWC(digital)?

Is it possible to mount a DB to a Hasselblad SWC (903). I know this might be a silly question, but given that there's a V mount for DB's, I thought perhaps it might be useable on a SWC. I'm not familiar with the SWC, but have seen recent prints that were outstanding! I am very intrigued by this camera, I love mirror-less cameras, as I think they shoot the best. Much like an Alpa TC, but in analog form, which is a medium whose quality and texture I'm starting to appreciate...again.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad SWC(digital)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by johnnygoesdigital View Post
    Is it possible to mount a DB to a Hasselblad SWC (903). I know this might be a silly question, but given that there's a V mount for DB's, I thought perhaps it might be useable on a SWC. I'm not familiar with the SWC, but have seen recent prints that were outstanding! I am very intrigued by this camera, I love mirror-less cameras, as I think they shoot the best. Much like an Alpa TC, but in analog form, which is a medium whose quality and texture I'm starting to appreciate...again.
    I can only speak from experience on Phase One H/P(6MP,11MP,22MP,39MP,40MP,60.5MP models) series backs that yes they do mount on the SWC just fine-V-Mount and work. Never tested the P30+ because Phase One recommends against using it with Wide Angle Lenses because of Microlenses (see link to Knowledgebase article).

The reason I mentioned is that I know that you are very interested in the P30+ model from your previous posts, and our discussions. I also remember you had a bad experience with your H3D31 (same sensor) on a technical camera that you documented on the forum.

So just wanted to remind you again about the Microlenses.

Lance
    LANCE SCHAD - Digital Transitions - Phase One,Mamiya | Leaf,Arca-Swiss,Cambo, Profoto
    direct/cell:610-496-5586 office:877-367-8537x224
    http://www.digitaltransitions.com email:[email protected]

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yea I would certainly go with a used P40 plus. I'm sure Lance can hook you there too. I had them both and the P40 overall is the better back IMHO.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    Apparently, I did not search in the right location, but thanks for the link.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lance_schad View Post
    I can only speak from experience on Phase One H/P(6MP,11MP,22MP,39MP,40MP,60.5MP models) series backs that yes they do mount on the SWC just fine-V-Mount and work. Never tested the P30+ because Phase One recommends against using it with Wide Angle Lenses because of Microlenses (see link to Knowledgebase article).

The reason I mentioned is that I know that you are very interested in the P30+ model from your previous posts, and our discussions. I also remember you had a bad experience with your H3D31 (same sensor) on a technical camera that you documented on the forum.

So just wanted to remind you again about the Microlenses.

Lance

Thanks Lance and Guy,

Yes, the P30+ is an awesome DB, but the limitations with too wide lenses are somewhat frustrating. Although mounting a p30+ on an Alpa TC, using a 60mm lens is absolutely useable, in fact, I saw a 43mmXL used on a Cambo WRS, and it did not produce a bad lcc original as first thought, but that lens would be that absolute minimum. I would use the 60mm for when i'm 1000 feet up, but it would be tempting to have a wider lens for ground shots and landscapes.

Post Thanks / Like

I use my CFV39 back on the SWC/M with no problems. Also use it on my Technikardan with a 35 Apo Grandagon digital with no problems. I just make a correction shot and apply it in conversion and the images look great. I don't even have to do that with the SWC/M.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DDudenbostel View Post
    I use my CFV39 back on the SWC/M with no problems. Also use it on my Technikardan with a 35 Apo Grandagon digital with no problems. I just make a correction shot and apply it in conversion and the images look great. I don't even have to do that with the SWC/M.
    Can you post any images using the CFV39?