Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tech Cams: the choices, which one and why ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tech Cams: the choices, which one and why ?

"Admin note: It would be far more helpful to state 1) what you use and 2) why you chose it, rather than only stating why you didn't choose brand X."

i've done it allready, on a previous thread... i've post the link 8 hours before...
    the previous thread was called :
    "why did i choose the Arca RM3D over the others technical cameras... a friend asks..."
    http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showth...highlight=rm3d

Post Thanks / Like

In the end, after 2 months of research, I bought an Alpa SWA. It has 25mm rise and rise is what I use 85% of the time when I need movements. The other 15% I need fall and then the SWA can do this too.
    I was choosing between the newer STC and the SWA, but I actually thought the SWA feels somewhat less bulky (I might be alone in this respect) but that has to do that the SWA is lower and the STC more square/higher. Anyway, the STC is set up in its native setting for stitching and I do not do stitching and the additional mm rise with the SWA (and that I prefer the looks) sealed the deal!
    Now with a couple of weeks working daily with it, I am feeling I went the right way! I really enjoy it!
    Yes, I would love to have tilt/swing on all lenses, in fact, it is the only thing that made me think long and hard before choosing.
    But, it does exactly what I want it to do and as a tool it is a great inspiration.
    Alpa FPS MAX TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by archivue View Post
    "Admin note: It would be far more helpful to state 1) what you use and 2) why you chose it, rather than only stating why you didn't choose brand X."

i've done it allready, on a previous thread... i've post the link 8 hours before...
    the previous thread was called :
    "why did i choose the Arca RM3D over the others technical cameras... a friend asks..."
    http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showth...highlight=rm3d
    thank you, just trying to keep the thread from going negative against any system --
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

For a few weeks I had an Arca RM3di - in the end I decided to sell it, get a Max, and get my lenses converted to Alpa mount. Before ordering I had tested a Cambo WRS, an Arca RM3d, and an Alpa Max. The testing was done with months between which, in retrospect, was a problem. (I guess, for most of us it is impossible to get three cameras at the same time and test them side by side.)

I don't want to rehearse why I initially (and, from my point of view, erroneously) went for the RM3di but I want to give a short summary of what makes the Alpa Max the better tool for my needs (architecture, interior, industry):

Versatility of the body:
    - Mount it on your tripod in any orientation (I don't think this is of major importance to landscape photography)
    - Switch back and front, i.e., mount the lens at the back's place and vice versa (important for certain lenses/movements, e.g., the Schneider 28mm)
    - Attach whatever you want: Threads on each side of the body make it very easy to attach something like a flare buster and alike constructions, to attach/move a viewfinder to the side etc. Quite important!

Lens mount:
    - Mount the lens upside-down or rotated, so you can see the focus scale: This is extremely helpful if the camera is above eye level.

Fast stitching:
    - I totally underestimated what a great feature it is to be able to do very fast left-right-movements. (If you want to, you can have additional klicks in the rail. Default is middle/zero - you could also have klicks at 10mm left, 10mm right). I'd prefer if left/right movements could be geared as well but this is less important than the aforementioned speed.

Zero-(klick)position for movements:
    - It's helpful if you can feel that the back is in zero position. With the Arca I had time and again the problem that I had left the zero-position without intending to to so. It's a user problem but a klick is helpful (the Cambo has clicks as well).

HPF:
    - Initially, I thought using the Arca lens tables isn't a big issue but if you have to work fast, it's much more convenient not having to use a table and transfer a number to the 'neutral' Arca helicoid. (Still, for close range, using a table makes sense - Alpa provides tables as well.)

More detailed movement scales:
    - If you want to use the Alpa lens corrector, you got to take notes of your movements. With the Max you get a scale with 1mm/tic, with the RM3di 2.5mm/tic.

To add a more 'subjective' feature:

Craftmanship:
    - A camera is a tool, but I do enjoy using a fine tool. The Alpa clearly has it's limitations (such as, e.g., restricted movements with the Schneider 28mm, a minor issue which you can work around, no tilt or swing for lenses shorter than 80mm, or no sliding back) but for my needs it's a wonderful tool, something which makes me happy when using it. This may be stupid but the Max 'feels' right :-)

Chris
    Last edited by cly; 29th August 2011 at 13:34. Reason: added forgotten item: zero position

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cly View Post
    This may be stupid but the Max 'feels' right :-)

Chris
    Chris, not stupid at all! We tend to use more that which we enjoy using
    Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Being comfortable is a major key factor
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

edited for delete: just saw the answer to my question.

Thierry
    Thierry Hagenauer
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

This calculus was about the same as mine and I went with Cambo as well. My main driver was stitching so having all shifts in the same place (the back) was nice for the Cambo. Plus the cost was definitely a factor as well.

I must admit that of the lens, camera, and back the camera is the least interesting to me. As long as it gets the job done, I'm happy. The lens and back are doing the real work.

Quote Originally Posted by timwier View Post
    I looked extensively at the Alpa and Cambo systems before choosing the Cambo WRS. Here is why I went with the Cambo:

Vertical and Horizontal shifts:
    WRS can do both at the same time up to 20mm - very easy movement
    Alpa - only with the Alpa Max - 25mm x 18mm

Size
    WRS - 155mm x 165mm 1.2 g
    Max - 177mm x 206 1.2 g
    Draw it on a piece of paper. The Max is about the size of a dinner plate, the WRS is about the size of a desert plate.

Price for body:
    WRS - $2,800 new
    Max - $5,500+ new

Price for mount
    WRS - $500
    Alpa - $1,200

Price for lenses
    Alpa almost 1 1/2 times the price for the same lens.

Shim/adjustment:
    WRS - Easy - has four adjustable screws in the back of the mount (takes about 3-5 min to shim)
    Max multiple shim options

Tilt/Shift
    WRS - several lens from 35mm to 90mm
    Alpa - 90mm and above

The Alpa is beautiful camera and a fine product. But, for me the Cambo fits the bill.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

There are some very well thought out responses on this thread.
    For myself, my first "pancake" type tech cam was the Cambo WDS. I picked this one for only one reason, not features (allot of tech cams are similar), not brand recognition but simply because I found one on sale.
    I guess I was trying to be "frugal" if this can apply to this kind of purchase.
    I ended up with my current Cambo WRS, again because I found one at a good price, and the advantage of fitting the Lens Boards I already owned.
    I have certainly never had any regrets for my purchases; even though they did not involve months of agonizing over specs or "which one is perfect" or "If I don't end up with the bestest camera I will never be at my full potential".
    Each system has its own character, none are truly less than the other.
    I do use mine as one of those ridiculously expensive "point and shoots" and don't seem to suffer.
    It's all good.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

comparing the cost of the arca and the cambo, with respect to tilts and swings, and mounts:

cambo: you have to pay extra for the lenses, but you can get them with T&S. And they come with a helical focus mount
    Arca: you have one axis of T (or S) with the body, and the body does cost more, comparatively. You also have no need for a helical focus mount for each lens (another reason the body is more $), but you do need a special bayonet base for the lens.

My dealer told me the break even point in cost was with three T/S cambo lenses with helical focus mounts, you are spending as much as the arca with three lenses and bayonet bases. (With the Arca, you will have only one axis of either tilt or swing)

A small addition to Jack's descriptions of movements: shifts on the back are not used to correct perspective; leveling the back does that. The rear is shifted, usually down, so you can capture more vertically without pointing the camera upward. Or sideways, again just to move around in the image circle. I think shifts on the front would also only move the image circle around, and not affect perspective.

last bit: I have been tinkering around with my cambo T/S mechanism and can report that any perceived "slop" is illusory. The moving parts drop quite securely into detents at the zero positions. The knobs have a bit of backlash, but not the parts that matter.
    Last edited by jlm; 29th August 2011 at 13:22.

Post Thanks / Like

(With the Arca, you will have only one axis of either tilt or swing)

with the current RM3Di, you have only one axis of tilt but you can turn the front 90

For me going with the Arca was cheaper at the end than the cambo... because i can share my lenses with my existing F line 69... sometimes a bellow camera is better...

So again, the good thing is that we have all different needs, and there's plenty of tools to choose from !

By the way, is there any horseman user ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by archivue View Post
    (With the Arca, you will have only one axis of either tilt or swing)

with the current RM3Di, you have only one axis of tilt but you can turn the front 90

For me going with the Arca was cheaper at the end than the cambo... because i can share my lenses with my existing F line 69... sometimes a bellow camera is better...

So again, the good thing is that we have all different needs, and there's plenty of tools to choose from !

By the way, is there any horseman user ?
    I am an ex-horseman user.
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am a ex- horseman user.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I considered the horesman when I was first looking. Liked the Cambo WRS much better. The movements won me over.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i had Guy's horseman, neat little package, but the rise and fall shifts were not gear driven as i recall

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am also an ex Horseman user. It was fine, but I wanted tilts.
    Jack

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    i had Guy's horseman, neat little package, but the rise and fall shifts were not gear driven as i recall
    That's what won me over to Cambo.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Don Libby View Post
    I considered the horesman when I was first looking. Liked the Cambo WRS much better. The movements won me over.
    The Cambo thumb-roller is much superior to the horseman slide and lock.
    Which is why I used a wrs-1000 for awhile.
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not to derail this thread. But just FYI I am taking a little road trip here and Dave at Capture integration is lending me the Rodie 32 and the SK 43 in T/S mount for me to shoot on my Cambo. I will certainly be giving a report on this plus the 180 will be on hand along with my 160. Hopefully you can get some insights on these exciting lenses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I use an Alpa and a Sinar artec for different purposes and I can see myself using a second Alpa body to fill out the missing bits even in this combination.

Using teh full potential of movements however is easier said than done - ironically higher megapixels derived from smaller pixel pitches - is a negative constraint on top of other physical contraints for users. Of course this will not be a popular statement amongst the elephant gunners...

For a tech camera the larger the chip dimensions and the larger the pixel buckets in the chip the better.

If you want to buy a camera to do levelled shooting with no movements - you dont need one. if you buy a tech camera to use movements - you will need to invest time and brain power in getting the best out of it.

Digital backs today on every camera platform is like attaching a scalpel to a sledge hammer handle and attempting to do brain surgery one handed whilst blind folded.

If you need movements - and his doesnt mean simple shifts for stitching - thats the game you have to play.

Caveat emptor.

Post Thanks / Like

"Digital backs today on every camera platform is like attaching a scalpel to a sledge hammer handle and attempting to do brain surgery one handed whilst blind folded."

;-)
    by chance we are only photographers !

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have been quite happy using my Sinar arTec, Sure I would have never purchased a new one, way over priced IMHO, but since I got into the system for a really good deal, I am looking forward to using it for fall colors here in Telluride, CO.
    I have no images to post yet from my arTec, all I have been doing is test shots and figuring out all of it's features.
    I really like my Leaf Aptus II 7 AFI back, yeah I know only 33mp, yet I love the rotating sensor and the flip up LCD screen and now with the new Leaf GUI, it's a very nice back.

I finally for my hands on a RM3di, very nice indeed.

Steven
    Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you very much for this 2 pages until now thread, now i really don't know what to buy, lol.
    Really a big help, huh
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Thank you very much for this 2 pages until now thread, now i really don't know what to buy, lol.
    Really a big help, huh
    I think that is the point actually,
    You can select the features you want and find at least two excellent alternatives. I just wish there were more opportunity for folks to have hands-on experience to make the decision easier.
    As there are different photographers, there are different cameras. Some work better with one than the other.
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I think that is the point actually,
    You can select the features you want and find at least two excellent alternatives. I just wish there were more opportunity for folks to have hands-on experience to make the decision easier.
    As there are different photographers, there are different cameras. Some work better with one than the other.
    -bob
    I am different, anything can work great with me, but i sometimes agree i may look for something, but i can't tell until i can test them, and my problem is i want to use a camera for many applications not just one or two applications, but as i said, my main applications which those tech work better are landscapes and architecture[indoors and outdoors].
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

First thing I would decide on is what back. I think the IQ series on a tech cam really has the best features to offer. I like the confirmation feedback better using a tech cam. Highlight control, focus mask, level pitch and roll , 100 percent zooming that is accurate, live view and a great LCD to do it all on. . I would start there with a DF to get a nice price on the body since they bundle that pretty nicely. Next you have to decide on the tech cam what's going to make your day the most and what features you have to have. You need help you can contact me offline. But these have been my choices

You want a Hassy back than you also need to figure out which Hassy back is better on the tech cams. But I really think you need to figure out what backs you are after and lets not forget leaf in this choice as well. I like the Phase and if that sounded somewhat fanboy well it was not meant to be . I use it and it makes sense to me and those are the exact features i use to work with on a tech cam but I also use the complete DSLR side of the house as well, Each system will have there pluses and minuses , they all do. But right now your trying to decide two things at once which is very difficult to do. You have to pick a MF system on one hand than a Tech cam system on another. I say slow down pick the correct system on the MF cam side first with its back setup than narrow down the tech cam side which is a little harder since there is three major tech cams system not to mention various models in those systems. That makes it a little harder and no offense on Alpa but having 4 or 5 models makes it tougher on the end user to decide, its actually a good thing just harder to make decisions on which one is best for you. Cambo and Arca are a little simpler as they do not have that many models. These are tough calls and its easier to get a order going that makes the most sense, which I think pick the MF first than work on the tech cam after that call is made.

When you get to the tech cam part lots of question you need to ask, You can start which focusing type which you like better, do you need tilt and do you need swing or one or the other is okay. Do you want front rise and fall or do you like it on the back with stitching. Also you may not even want to stitch and just have rise and fall or nothing at all. I might have just described every model combination out there. These are the thing you need to ask yourself. I know they are not easy but first you need to ask yourself what type of shooter you are and what features enhance that type. If your architecture shooter you will have different needs than the landscape type. There focus is on wides and mostly rise and fall. Stitching is not used as often but some do.

I probably did not help as i added more than you where thinking about. LOL

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

everyone has their own odyssey: guy had a horseman, then an alpa, now a cambo.
    I had a horseman, now a cambo (used to use film: 4x5 toyo monorail and sinar p)
    it is a different way of working, not for everyone.

i strongly recommend renting a rig for several days

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    everyone has their own odyssey: guy had a horseman, then an alpa, now a cambo.
    I had a horseman, now a cambo (used to use film: 4x5 toyo monorail and sinar p)
    it is a different way of working, not for everyone.

i strongly recommend renting a rig for several days
    Agree and never fall in love with any of them because you WILL divorce it someday for something else. LOL

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Agree and never fall in love with any of them because you WILL divorce it someday for something else. LOL
    Unless of course you're like most folks here in which case you never really divorce them but just let 'em stay in their own room as you focus your attentions on the new pretty young thing. Pretty soon you've got a camera system harem with a litter of camera bags in tow.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The problem from what i read is there is no one body can do it all for you, i saw the fact that i am trying not to believe, which is i must have at least 2 bodies if not three, i am not sure if i can afford one body, but if i do then i know that it will not be that body i really want perfectly, i will use it for sure but i will always know it lacks something, i am not only landscape photographer or only architecture photographer, i am both of them and i like them both, so i know i will need one movement here and another movement there, this is making me to know that i must go with 2 different tech cameras so each can give me something to compliment each other, i keep my Hasselblad H4D-60 for portraits or fashion things and i am very happy with it. I started to use LF and i can see why all those movements are there and when to need one over the another, and i am really worry that i will end up to need all of the movements or most of.
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tim . Like to know the procedure for calibrating the WRS. Maybe you can post a separate thread for us. Thanks Guy

Also I would like to be able to take left grip off bore a hole slight bigger to feed a sync cable through and replace. Is there any manual around for such details.

You can PM me this data if you like and have time .

Sorry little OT there folks
    On my Cambo, I have found it helpful to calibrate each lens infinity stop by loosening the three small screws on the focus ring, adjust to infinity and tighten. Each new back I redo the calibration.

Thomas posted a simple explanation that I used.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Your like me I do many different types of shooting. I focused my area more on tech cams and wide though. My DSLR lenses are very good and can't get away from that system so I focused on a area on their weakest link or let's say the tech cam lenses are better at under 55mm in my case. This was kind of one reason I said start at the MF than work they tech . For me I know what I need to improve on and that is the wide end. So in my case I have the 35xl which looks to be a excellent lens and effectively a 22mm in 35 world. Which will handle the wide well, next maybe 60mm t/s lens since I don't have a T/s on the DSLR side. So for me I am intermingling my systems (plural). Some folks may just use tech cam only so there setup would vary.

So having the Hassy and if that is the back you want to use than figure out where your needs are outside the Hassy system. Now everyone figures these things out differently. I tend to think more mixing them together and cherry picking the best in each.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    On my Cambo, I have found it helpful to calibrate each lens infinity stop by loosening the three small screws on the focus ring, adjust to infinity and tighten. Each new back I redo the calibration.
    Thanks Ed

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Cambo WRS and love it for the most part. I bought it 3+ years ago and leaned heavily on my dealers (CI) recommendation and have to say they nailed it.

The reason I went tech was for the german glass and shifts. The available glass is comparable for all brands and the shift capabilities on the WRS is as flexible as any.

As much as I am impressed with the engineering of the Alpa and especially Arca systems, I have stuck with the WRS because it simply does everything I need and the results are as good as I would get with any of the techs. The bonus is it is compact and relatively light weight which helps with the hiking I do.

Some of the higher precision camera and focus systems look interesting but I can't see a real world benefit for the type of shooting I do. I decided to spend the money upgrading the glass to the HR23 and HR32 and am very glad I did. I'll probably put tilt shift mounts on the HR32 and 72L and call it done.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of helpful posts here.
    As has been pointed out by several people here, the place to start really is to be very clear about what role your camera will be asked to fill.
    As a pro architectural/idustrial shooter, my tech camera is my primary tool. However, the nature of my work and style is such that I primarily use it as a wide and ultrawide platform. My dream lens kit would be 23, 35 and 47mm lenses. It has to be light, portable, easily handholdable and part of an extensive system that I can grow with.
    For the life of me, I cannot see how or why I would EVER need tilt with a 23mm and I have to date, never needed it with my 35mm. I have yet to have my images unsharp in any of the places both my clients and I have expected them to be sharp. If I was going to be regularly using lenses that are longer than 43mm, then perhaps the "I need tilt" argument would hold water. If you are in this camp, then the 80mm minimum focal length for the Alpa tilt adapter is a limitation.
    However, if you are like me and view your tech cam as an extension of your lens range at the wide-angle to ultrawide end of the focal length range, then the need for tilt is moot.
    I do like to use the Alpa tilt-adapter with my 150 for portraits (I used to do this a lot with my Fuji GX680) and for tabletop still life. This is just one example of how the sheer extent of options that is available from Alpa makes the system so versatile. (There are some examples of portraits on my website where I have run a narrow plane of focus tilted through the subjects head so only the eyes are in focus. Not so obvious at screen res, but awesome in print)
    A couple of posts have mentioned manufacturer/dealer support. For me, as a working pro, this has always been a major factor. I expect my dealer or manufacturer to be extremely knowledgeable, accessible and responsive. One of my reasons for moving from Horseman to Alpa was the unbelievable support I get from the factory, even though I am in the Middle East and they are in Switzerland. I have never dealt with a manufacturer so focussed on their users needs as Alpa. A couple of the other brands that are supposedly represented here in the Middle East have dealers that know nothing (and I mean nothing) about the product they sell and in many cases do not have demo gear. To some extent I can accept the lack of demo gear as the volume of sales is small, but lack of product knowledge is just inexcusable. I'm sure there are lots of shooters in the smaller markets who share this frustration.
    Shift is essential for what I do. In practice, due to limitations in image circle and the fact that with short lenses, small shifts in the image circle make quite big differences in view, I very rarely use more than 8mm of shift. Hence, for me, a camera that can shift lots more is unnecessary.
    Once again, my advice is to work out what your real-world needs are, then buy appropriately.
    On the subject of price, I'd say buy the right camera, pay the price once, then get on with enjoying USING it. There is nothing more frustrating than buying the slightly cheaper camera then wishing later you had ponied up the extra cash in the first place. All these cameras are expensive. Don't make it more expensive by having to sell your camera to upgrade later.
    Cheers,
    Siebel
    "In the end, it's all about the pictures"
    www.bryansiebel.com

Post Thanks / Like

I was tempted by Alpa and RM3Di. I love the Linhof Techno too, but practically one has to choose. I eventually chose an Alpa Max and a TC. Here's why, I hope it helps.

- TC is tiny and really works handheld (replaces my Mamiya 7II)
    - Max has nice movements and tilt adapter for longer lenses (replaces my 5x4)
    - Of course lenses/accessories can move between the TC and Max
    - The Alpa can be mounted any way around so the tilt can be on the back or front
    - Rm3di tilt is at the base and will wave longer lenses around worse than the max
    - I felt the speed of using the Rm3di to be too slow and couldn't get access to an Rm3di where I am to try, but could at least handle an Alpa

After struggling with a 4x5 and digital back
    - I felt it absolutely necessary to have the infinity focus of the Alpa
    - I did not want a sliding back
    - Live view was not a possibility at that time (I'm not sure if that would change anything)

Basically I think my decision was to sacrifice tilt in favour of the infinity stops

Things I love about tech cams
    - Size and weight (compared to a 4x5 setup)
    - Stability, Image Quality, especially outdoors
    - Ease and speed from seeing to capturing (compared to 4x5 - of course traded for post processing)
    - Chimping

Things I hate about tech cameras
    - Lack of flexibility (on a 4x5 you can wrap a lens in a sock, stuff it in the front standard)
    - Focus stacking/stitching on windy days with anything that moves
    - All the post processing of focus stacking/stitching/LCC/exposure stacking/perspective correction
    - cost
    - noise, long exposure

Finally
    - The rosewood grips have improved my self esteem, my car runs better on cheaper fuel because of them and I swear I am luckier whenever I rub them. It must be due to their natural energy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I want rosewood hand grips. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

You made your bed with Cambo, now you have to sleep in it.
    Siebel
    "In the end, it's all about the pictures"
    www.bryansiebel.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Cheer up Guy! The Cambo wood grips are just as nice and you don't need to knit a mask to get them.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Don Libby View Post
    Cheer up Guy! The Cambo wood grips are just as nice and you don't need to knit a mask to get them.
    RS handle conversion is $949 from us:
    http://www.captureintegration.com/store/color/

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
    Phase One Partner of the Year
    Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
    Newsletter | RSS Feed
    Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Masters Series Workshop:
    New England Landscape - Fall Color (Oct 5-8)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You know Doug what we called really pretty girls in high school that teased us boys. Hmmm

Same applies here bud.

I think I need these for the workshop don't you. LOL
    The nice warm rosewood handles in the winter would be pretty nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by siebel View Post
    You made your bed with Cambo, now you have to sleep in it.

Cold hands let me tell ya. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Is that Brazilian Rosewood?
    you know, the one on the protected list?
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wish I still had my woodworking stuff.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Two more views for you Guy...

Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One word RUTHLESS. LOL

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

One word RUTHLESS. LOL
    Guy - just a word of warning. I'll be armed when we get together later on!
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No that is nothing Dave is sending me his whole anniversary kit for a trip , talk about throwing me completely under the bus. My wife is not going to like Dave very soon here. LOL

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

No that is nothing Dave is sending me his whole anniversary kit for a trip , talk about throwing me completely under the bus. My wife is not going to like Dave very soon here. LOL
    Okay - you'll have to be armed!
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Exactly. Lol