The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Commercial Interior Designers - List?

jerryreed

Perhaps, members of this site may, from time to time, work with commercial interior designers, whose profession calls upon them to make recommendations about images to be used in corporate and hotel spaces.

I have, for some long while now, been reproducing the paintings of artists, and in support of these artists' efforts to expand markets for their work, have done the research that helped artists to offer their originals as giclées (made by me) to a wider group of galleries; I just took the work out of it for them.

Feeling a bit unfulfilled by limiting myself to being solely the reproducer of other artists' work, I have decided to look to place my work in front of professionals, who might as part of their practice, make my work seen more widely.

To undertake this project, I have updated my equipment to the Hy6 / 75 LV, and will be looking to create abstracted architectural elements; none yet completed to show you what I am describing.

So, if you would be so kind as to point me in the direction of resources who might be interested in images for commercial installations, I would very much appreciate it.

Regards,

Jerry Reed

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I have recently discovered that there are indeed groups and individuals who's goal seems to be to fulfill the needs of artists and photographers who want to get their work in front of people who want to buy or exhibit it. I've just begun to think about it and do some research myself, but I think you'll find a variety of options.

One resource is Mary Virginia Swanson. She's extremely knowledgeable and very "plugged-in" to the current fine art market, with special emphasis on photography. Her blog/website is: http://marketingphotos.wordpress.com/ and I highly recommend you go and search through the many resources she makes available. I heard her give a presentation recently and was struck by her knowledge and enthusiasm. She's available as a consultant, but is not cheap.

I'm sure there are many others like her as well as organizations that can offer advice about marketing your art. Good luck!

Tim