The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lens testing. As easy as 1,2,3...or maybe not?

jlm

Workshop Member
i also found that the Alpa HPF ring for the SK43 does not quite fit the cambo mounted lens. this is a puzzler.

since my cambo lenses are T/S, it would interfere as I assumed, but I expected the inner diameters, where the HPF fits onto the lens rings, to match. They did not.

I spent the day diddling around with the HPF rings for the 70 and 43 to get them to work with the T/S cambo lenses. Had to machine off the knurled part, which ends up losing the clamping screws. This is to clear the T/S shafts. This required i make a little tie strap for locking the ring halves together. Next i have to make new extended knobs to clear the HPF. Almost there. Best part is no cambo parts have to be modified, just the knobs replaced.

jlm

Workshop Member
fitting the HPF to a R70, cambo T/S base; takes some customizing; shown in progress. still have to make taller, custom knobs that fit on the brass things. almost there

vjbelle

John,

If you ever get your hands on a 150mm I would REALLY like to know how you would approach setting the infinity stop. This helical is different than the Schneider helical on other lenses. Lenses for Cambo are identical to Alpa with regards to helicals.... afaik

Victor

PeterL

i also found that the Alpa HPF ring for the SK43 does not quite fit the cambo mounted lens. this is a puzzler.
Jim, did you use the supplied Alpa rubber rings?, they make the fit perfect once screwed down.

Cheers, -Peter

jlm

Workshop Member
i found the inner diameter of the alpa ring to be too small. I had to machine it to a larger ID

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well just a quick update. Checked my 35xl today and dead on at 5.6 and infinity mark and F11 was no better so had to be nailing it. So I will install ring tommorrow at it's present mark. Look forward to having the ring.

Little plug for Paul at Optech camera here. Had it in stock ready to ship