The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Still no new leaf GUI for Mamiya DM backs ?

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Official word from MAC Group US (official Mamiya distributor in the US with very close ties to the Leaf/Mamiya motherships) is still a strong "yes" it is coming soon.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Masters Series Workshop:
New England Landscape - Fall Color (Oct 5-8)

yaya

The waiting is over!

Leaf Capture 11.5.2 has just been released with a new firmware update for all Mamiya DM models. It includes the new GUI similar to the one on the Aptus-II and AFi-II backs

Download Leaf Capture 11.5.2

The same firmware will be included in a new version of Capture One, due out soon

Enjoy!

Yair

The update is excellent!! A huge step forward in fact. It is much easier on the eyes with better looks and much better organised. The two features that stand out most are:

: Change ISO direct from home screen (without confirmation)
: Performance seems to have improved a lot (esp zoom to 100%)

Also I noticed BestRGB is available, not sure if it was before as I've only recently switched to it, so that's handy.

The long tap menu is a bit tedious and not intuitive, but overall a massive improvement.

Thanks Leaf!

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
As implied by Graham's post the new GUI is now available for DM series Mamiya backs, as promised.

As reported on our blog the new Mamiya Digital Back firmware does not get reverted when you connect to Capture One 6.3.1 so it's not a problem to update your firmware even if you primarily use Capture One for tethering.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Masters Series Workshop:
New England Landscape - Fall Color (Oct 5-8)

Geoff

Does the update do anything for other backs? It says it has some improvements for the AFI 12, but other than for that and the Mamiya backs, is it OK to skip it?

JasonQuibilan

Alright! Got it in my back and running great! The new interface just seems so much intuitive, and the back really does feel like it benefited in terms of the startup time and in the zooming!

Good job Leaf!:D