The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Short PC cables

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
If you are shooting a tech camera with a P1 back you may be looking for a short PC cable to plug in to the short Phase One to female mini-jack cable.

Paramount Cables makes custom cables. They appear to ship the same day you place your order on the internet. Here's a link: Paramount Custom Cables.

You are ordering Tip # 2 (PC) on one end and Tip # 39 on the other end (2.5mm molded straight). You can specify any length of cord, as short as 4" (I suspect that if you called them they would do shorter). Buy two so you'll have a backup. I'm using a 4 inch cable on my Alpa TC. Thanks by the way to Lance Shad for sending me to this site.

I found that the PC connection that Paramount provides is a bit snug on my Schneiders. I had a "PC tip conditioner" laying around and was able to use it to very slightly enlarge the Paramount tip. Everyone relying on a PC connection needs one of these things - you can use it to straighten your PC tip if it gets bent. Here's a link to B&H Paramount PC tip straighener.

Does anyone else find it irritating that P1 lists the short P1 to mini-jack cable at $150?

stephengilbert

If you're buying a cable from Paramount, you can get the tip conditioner from them as well. I talked to them the other day about making cables with a plug that'll connect directly to a Phase back. If you're interested in that, tell them and maybe they can get them made.

cunim

Does anyone else find it irritating that P1 lists the short P1 to mini-jack cable at $150?
Yes, and it's junk. The little metal tang on one side of the connector barrel must make solid contact with the minijack or you get missed images and the smearing purple haze effect. A few tugs on the minijack and that tang loosens. You can tell it's loose because the jack slides in and out of the connector too easily - and because image capture becomes problematic. Probe around inside the connector with a jeweller's screwdriver to bend the tang back into a better spot, but you wouldn't have to if there was a proper jack receptacle in there.

My IQ also came with a direct PC to phase connector cable that I prefer. Not sure whether that is a part of some standard kit package or not.

stephengilbert

My IQ also came with a direct PC to phase connector cable that I prefer.
The only problem with the Phase one piece cables is that they're quite long. It'd be nice to get one that would'nt have an extra six or eight inches of cable.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
If you are shooting a tech camera with a P1 back you may be looking for a short PC cable to plug in to the short Phase One to female mini-jack cable.

Paramount Cables makes custom cables. They appear to ship the same day you place your order on the internet. Here's a link: Paramount Custom Cables.

You are ordering Tip # 2 (PC) on one end and Tip # 39 on the other end (2.5mm molded straight). You can specify any length of cord, as short as 4" (I suspect that if you called them they would do shorter). Buy two so you'll have a backup. I'm using a 4
inch cable on my Alpa TC. Thanks by the way to Lance Shad for sending me to this site.

I found that the PC connection that Paramount provides is a bit snug on my Schneiders. I had a "PC tip conditioner" laying around and was able to use it to very slightly enlarge the Paramount tip. Everyone relying on a PC
connection needs one of these things - you can use it to straighten your PC tip if it gets bent. Here's a link to B&H Paramount PC tip straighener.

I ordered one last week a 6 inch long straight cable Tip 39. I wanted to actually run it inside my left grip but plug is a liitle to big but just went underneath the Cambo real nice. 6 inches gives you just a bit of elbow room but I have to go around the Cambo which is bigger than the TC so 4 would be great on the TC for sure.

my PC tip is tight also. It's working but tight.