Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Decisions on very wide side

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Decisions on very wide side

Well fortunately I may have landed some really high end 2 million and above homes interior design gigs.

Now for some decisions. i currently have the P25 plus back and NO i will not shoot a Nikon to do this work so that is completely out of the question. LOL

They want big and reason i bought this damn thing was to go big. The dilemma is what lens. I have the Mamiya 35mm as my widest and that is not wide enough and stitching is sort of my last resort but certainly a option. Now i could buy the 28mm mamiya lens which i did like but it does go soft in the corners with the P25 plus , i tested this out twice. i do happen to have i think the answer. I have a Alpa TC that is all setup for my Phase back now but with a 47mm which obviously not wide enough but a great stitching lens because the image circle is HUGE. Now a couple options selll the TC and get the SWA so i could stitch with the 47mm Or sell the 47mm Alpa and get a 24mm Alpa . Let's not even talk about how much this lens is. it hurts to think about it but I think the 24mm is really the answer. Than i would have a Alpa with 24mm and the Phase with 35mm and have pretty much all options covered. Than i could use the 24mm for landscape work also which i love super wides for. BTW the 24mm on my Alpa and Phase back is like a 17mm.

So I have three options sell the whole Alpa kit and get a Mamiya 28mm or Sell the TC buy a SWA and keep the 47mm or sell the 47mm and but the 24mm.

Option 4 quit and retire. LOL
    Not a option
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Decisions on very wide side

If anyone is selling there Alpa 24mm or want my 47mm or wants to trade plus money . I'm all ears with empty pockets. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like

Guy,
    While I understand some of your desires and enthusiasm on this, my thoughts are to stay with what you have and do the stitching on a few multiple set shots. While the much wider 24mm for example will get you more coverage in a single shot, the perspective and distortion will not look as pleasing as stitching together maybe 2-4 shots. Better perspective control and it would not take but a few seconds on both the tripod and the computer. You are most likely going to be taking multiple overlapping shots of some sort anyway, so why not just use your existing glass to get you through this and then decide if it is something that really warrants the bigger switch and investment.

Sorry to be a bit of splash of cold water on your gear quest, but I do think your results would be much more pleasing without the distortion. Do a cylindrical stitch and blow up as large as you dare for some really nice look. The thing that convinced me of this was looking at the boat interiors that Nicolas Claris does with a 40mm on his Hy6 rig. The details are outstanding and there is virtually no distortion to disrupt things and create any jarring looks. Just something to think about.

LJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Guy

Although I am a total gear whore as you well know, I tend to agree that the stitching approach is best. You could use just a simple movement of the camera to get perhaps 8 to 10 shots max or go for the more technical route and use the RRS pano adapters to shift along the axis of the nodal point with fine precision. If you want to try that route I have the RRS system which I would be happy to loan to you for your eval.

I have started to really get into panos ( or just large stitched images) and I really like what i am getting. Programs like Autopano pro make this process very straightforward. I was doing a couple of experiments today and just using three images, spaced about 20 degrees apart and ended up with a beautifully stitched 230Mb final image. So you can go as large as you want and still end up with better distortion performance.

Here in the threads both Arne Hvaring and Jack have posted some really lovely panos which you should review.

Just a thought. by the way I was doing the stitched images with the hassy 28 and developed in Phocus to correct for the geometric distortions prior to saving as a Tiff and then importing the final images in to Autopano, Worked well

Woody

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Guy's . Stitching is certainly there for me and it has crossed my mind several times. I am going to run a test this weekend in my house and see what happens. I can simple go vertical with the back on the Alpa and just slide the Arca Swiss release in my BH 55 and get a 3 vertical stitch. Pretty simple actually

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Thanks Guy's . Stitching is certainly there for me and it has crossed my mind several times. I am going to run a test this weekend in my house and see what happens. I can simple go vertical with the back on the Alpa and just slide the Arca Swiss release in my BH 55 and get a 3 vertical stitch. Pretty simple actually
    Hey Guy

Here is a three stitch pano that I just ran out my back porch and took in about 1 minute. I ended up with a file that is 7501 x 2971 pixels and about 200 Mb. On my monitor the silo at infinity is extremely sharp. You can see the mortar lines between the bricks with great clarity. No other processing was done. Hope this may serve as a kind of example.

Woody

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ok, total off-the-wall opinion after 2 glasses of red: Buy the Alpa 24. This sounds like a nice, fat job and if it were me, I'd consider it gravy and use it as an excuse to get the tool. Total rationalization is that the job will pay for the lens and everything after the job (and/or including the profit above and beyond the price of the lens) is total cream. Plus, when they see what you can do with the 24, they'll be all over you to do more stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tim you know I love ya. I'm a gear slut and actually i would like that 24mm perspective . Sense of depth. Have to try some things but Jack loves the 24mm and maybe the best wide there is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I agree that stitching is probably the most practical. To be honest though, I would be with Tim here -- selling the 47mm and go for a 24mm. The 47mm never really made much sense to me on the Alpa (at least not on digital) -- to me, it's point is to go wider than you can possibly go with your existing gear. 47mm is no stretch for your existing kit -- you already have the 35mm. So while it might be a great lens, the TC and 47mm kit seems like more trouble than it is worth to me -- why give up the fully automated body and ease of use for a not-so-wide lens. I would either sell both the TC and 47mm and pick up the 28mm Mamiya lens (corners and all), or sell the 47 and get the 24mm, putting the alpa to work in a way that only it can accomplish.
    My photos are here: http://www.stuartrichardson.com and more recent work here: http://stuartrichardson.tumblr.com/ Please have a look at my book!
    My lab is here: http://www.customphotolab.is and on facebook

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

too bad you don't have that horseman and rodie 35, easy shift-stitching,

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yea someone stole that thing from me. LOL

FranklY i hate stitching. Clients can't see what your doing either. I like the idea of the 24mm. The 28mm i can't even find

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I TOLD you - NOT to buy the 47mm LOL..image circle smimage circle...

If you go the 24mm try it FIRST - my feeling is that stitching is what you are going to end up doing anyway...and ( dare I say it?) a 35mm is perfect for this type of job - 24 on Alpa prob too wide you will definately have to use shift and the 24 doesnt shift well.....depending on the look you want to deliver ..or need to.

Next time people want to criticize the 'non film' Hassy 28 - I will link them to this post.

btw - congrats on your job. Post some pics.

Pete
    unapologetic gear-head - cos thats what you use to make photos.

Natasa Stojsic

Well fortunately I may have landed some really high end 2 million and above homes interior design gigs.

Now for some decisions. i currently have the P25 plus back and NO i will not shoot a Nikon to do this work so that is completely out of the question. LOL

They want big and reason i bought this damn thing was to go big. The dilemma is what lens. I have the Mamiya 35mm as my widest and that is not wide enough and stitching is sort of my last resort but certainly a option. Now i could buy the 28mm mamiya lens which i did like but it does go soft in the corners with the P25 plus , i tested this out twice. i do happen to have i think the answer. I have a Alpa TC that is all setup for my Phase back now but with a 47mm which obviously not wide enough but a great stitching lens because the image circle is HUGE. Now a couple options selll the TC and get the SWA so i could stitch with the 47mm Or sell the 47mm Alpa and get a 24mm Alpa . Let's not even talk about how much this lens is. it hurts to think about it but I think the 24mm is really the answer. Than i would have a Alpa with 24mm and the Phase with 35mm and have pretty much all options covered. Than i could use the 24mm for landscape work also which i love super wides for. BTW the 24mm on my Alpa and Phase back is like a 17mm.

So I have three options sell the whole Alpa kit and get a Mamiya 28mm or Sell the TC buy a SWA and keep the 47mm or sell the 47mm and but the 24mm.

Option 4 quit and retire. LOL
    Not a option

Well Guy, hence my confusion what to order but as I told you 24mm is on it's way..... as far as the Cameras/Frames goes I made my choice:

I ordered TC and ALPA 12 Max if I was like you I would go for the big one ALPA 12 XY for sure... I know it is overkill but than again you 100% know you are covered in those situations!!!

As I mentioned before I always buy the more expensive first and later deal with cheaper stuff, its easier for my cardiovascular system

In your case... you are a big guy, so I would definitely go for at least ALPA 12 Max... you finish that gig and later buy your self a TC or 24mm... or both

Remember you can always buy TC, its the cheapest ALPA!!!

I would avoid SWA for now because it's interiors you are shooting not landscapes so you want maximum shift... this is why I suggest purchase the KING size or Queen size

On the other hand if in doubt, you can simply go for 24mm and you'll be able to maneuver... regardless, there are no mistakes made only room left for more options/upgrades, hehehehe

That is what I like about ALPA huge assortemnt from min. to max.... the only problem though is not enough money to get one of each.... as they say slowly but surely!!!

Well, I ordered two cameras and three lenses so I'm getting there....

All I'm thinking now is to do enough work so I can get P45+ in addition to my P30+ before the end of this year!!!

Guy, there's not a lot to worry really...

Don't forget my offer when I get my 24mm, you are welcome to try it unless you get it faster... hehehehe!!!

Sometimes you remind me of JB 007... You always get things before everyone else does

Worst case scenario... I have 28mm f4.5 D. AF, so you can buy one if you are in Auto/Cars industry... but forget it for interiors if the best is what you're looking for!!! Simply, it's not good enough compared to 24mm f/5.6 Schneider Apo-Digitar XL Lens period and I know that for sure!!!
    Last edited by Natasa Stojsic; 22nd August 2008 at 21:54.

Post Thanks / Like

Guy,

If you get the 24mm, you will then have a stronger "need" to upgrade your back to a P65+ sooner, since the 24mm will make the most of that pixel volume and width. The above recommendations for stitching using a longer focal length typically produce a more pleasing perspective ... and will be easier on your wallet ... at least for now.

It is inevitable that you will looking at the P65+. It is just a matter of sooner or later.

carbonmetrictree

Hey Guy, I'm in the same dilemma as you. I demoed the 24xl, 28hr and the 35xl and had a tough time choosing only one lens for my 12Max. The 35XL was great, but I normally shoot wider and crop later if necessary, and I am also not too fond of stitching (I rather compose everything in camera if possible). One of the issues with the 24XL that I had was that the images were perfect, but the image circle is incredibly small compared to the other two lenses. So I would only be able to shift approximately 3-4mm, not a lot of flexibility if I am going to use only one lens for now. I decided on the 28HR because it is in the sweet spot for both lenses. It is wide enough for my wide shots, but not too wide that I will suffer in detail when I want to use a dramatic crop. The 28HR is significantly more than the other two lenses, but the resolution of the lens with a P45+ will enable me to crop in if I want to simulate a 35mm shot.

I would keep the Alpa gear because I feel that it will have a greater amount of resale value years down the road compared to the Mamiya equipment.

-Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks folks . Well I have the TC so shifting is out really anyway . Unless i do it on a focusing rail type gadget and do a 2 or 3 shot vertical stitch. I do like the idea of the digitar stuff. At least there the best in the market and can't really go wrong. Guess i will have to run some focal length tests and see what fits the best

Natasa Stojsic

Quote Originally Posted by David Klepacki View Post
    Guy,

If you get the 24mm, you will then have a stronger "need" to upgrade your back to a P65+ sooner, since the 24mm will make the most of that pixel volume and width. The above recommendations for stitching using a longer focal length typically produce a more pleasing perspective ... and will be easier on your wallet ... at least for now.

It is inevitable that you will looking at the P65+. It is just a matter of sooner or later.
    I agree... this is why I decided to purchase P45+ or bigger sensor and still keep my P30+. However, if I can't, P45+ will do just fine... anyway I like P45+ more because of the long exposure

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well I can't argue that point , i would love to have the P45 plus. Seriously the ultimate setup would be the P65 and P30 Plus backs together. I do love my P25 Plus though but someday i will move up. The P45 Plus backs with the new p65 coming out are coming down in price. I know Lance has several P45 plus backs coming in at pretty good prices too. Yes having the P25 plus i still have the long exposure setup which i will need for these projects for sure. Are folks using the 24mm center filter

Post Thanks / Like

Guy,

If you get the 24mm, you will then have a stronger "need" to upgrade your back to a P65+ sooner, since the 24mm will make the most of that pixel volume and width.

Will the 24mm even cover the P65+?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great question Billy. Not sure it would the image circle is pretty small

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Looking at the diagram CI has it does not look good for a P65 but maybe Doug can tell us

http://www.captureintegration.com/solutions/wide-angle/

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Man reading this my heart is pounding

The result can be found in lenses such as the tremendously sharp, low-distortion, ultra-low chromatic aberration 24mm Schneider Digitar XL lens which is the equivalent of 17mm lens on a full frame dSLR.

Natasa Stojsic

Well I can't argue that point , i would love to have the P45 plus. Seriously the ultimate setup would be the P65 and P30 Plus backs together. I do love my P25 Plus though but someday i will move up. The P45 Plus backs with the new p65 coming out are coming down in price. I know Lance has several P45 plus backs coming in at pretty good prices too. Yes having the P25 plus i still have the long exposure setup which i will need for these projects for sure. Are folks using the 24mm center filter
    Yes I used one on 24mm but not on 28HR...

I think without the question you need one for 24mm!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Guy,

If you plan on ever having a Nikon D3/D300/D700 as a backup or high iso camera, another option for you would be to consider the new Nikon 24mm PC-ED tilt/shift lens. This lens can also be used with a P25 since the image circle is a little larger than the Schneider. And, it offers an even wider field of view (on medium format back, equivalent to about 21mm lens, I think). And, it does not use a center filter.

You can shoot this lens with your P25 using an inexpensive camera like the Sylvestri Bicam-NK or the KaptureGroup TrueWide.

The advantage of this lens is that when used with the smaller 35mm format, you will also be able to use its larger image circle for tilt and shift. Nikon's next spin of their D cameras (D4?) in 2009 is expected to come in at 22-24 MP, which would give you a decent wide angle tilt/shift capability. And, as you upgrade you medium format back, you will still get the advantage of the higher resolution on this ultra wide lens.

The only caveat to this idea is that you actually need a Nikon camera to set the aperture of this lens for use with other cameras. So, it becomes more or less a fixed aperture lens with a MFDB. For the occasional architectural work that you plan to do, it would not be that bad and the other benefits could offset this minor hassle.

Just another consideration, but it may provide a stronger and more versatile upgrade path for you.

Post Thanks / Like

The only caveat to this idea is that you actually need a Nikon camera to set the aperture of this lens for use with other cameras. So, it becomes more or less a fixed aperture lens with a MFDB.
    David, very interesting suggestion.

What is the actual procedure to set the f-stop on the 24mm for use on the Bicam, TrueWide?

Thanks,
    Billy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That is very interesting David. Might have to look into this. I am TRYING to avoid a Nikon camera. Not easy to be without a DSLR but been able to shoot everything so far with the Phase body. This maybe a rental item when really needed and cheap to rent also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'd be very surprised if the limited lens throat diameter required for the Nikon mount did not cast a cut-off shadow for the full IC on a full-frame DB...
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

The throat of the TrueWide's Copal #3 shutter seems as wide as Nikon's F-mount.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no cut-off with the TrueWide. That camera was designed specifically for using MFDBs and Nikon PC lenses with their larger image circles.

The only caveat is that the new 24mm PC-E lens cannot be manually stopped down without a Nikon body that communicates via the AF-S protocol. So, let's say you wish to shoot with it at F5.6. You would then mount the lens on the D3, for example, and set it to F5.6. When you remove the lens, it stays locked at F5.6. You then mount it on the Truewide, meter, set shutter speed, and shoot. It is fairly straightforward and easy, unless you constantly wish to change aperture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'll have to see it before I believe it
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jack, love the "no-can-do" attitude!

You can get more info about the TrueWide here:
    http://www.kapturegroup.com/true/wide.html

Give them a call and they should take care of your concerns.

carbonmetrictree

Hey Guy, I have lens comparisons of the 24XL, 28HR, and the 35XL shot on a Phase 25+ on a Alpa SWA. If you'd like to inspect the RAW files to see the difference in focal lengths, I would be happy to send them to anyone that would be interested in seeing how awesome that 24XL is. Send me a PM if you're interested!

carbonmetrictree

I just checked and the files are .TIF's

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

IIRC the default for phase files is XXXXX.tif. Very confusing given that Tif has been used as a file format for many years. Phase could have named it anything so I am not happy with this decision.

Woody

Post Thanks / Like

Woody, you are correct. I don't know if the RAW file tag can be changed in the "Pro" version of C1, but I have not found a way to do so in C1 v4.1 (or in the Phase P25+ back settings). It's very annoying to me because I prefer to save my processed files in the same folder as the RAW file and do not rename the master TIFF or PSD. To me it is a VERY poor design element of the Phase workflow (unless I'm the weak link and haven't found the preference setting ).
    Last edited by Dale Allyn; 24th August 2008 at 17:03.

carbonmetrictree

Thanks for the heads up guys. I had to do a double take on the file format, I guess I'll be saving all of my files as PSD's from now on to make sure I don't mix them up.

Post Thanks / Like

Ironically, Andrew, I was trying to follow the guidance of others like Jeff Schewe, etc. and start saving my processed files as TIFFs, but of course when you go to save the file in the same folder as the like-named RAW you get an offer to over-write the RAW. Not good. Saving a layered master file as a PSD can be done in the same folder, and will stand out as a processed file. Maybe I'll start creating a separate folder to separate the RAWs from the processed files and go back to saving as TIFFs, but still I don't like two different files with the same name on my system.

I'd love to find a way to have my Phase RAW files carry a different tag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by carbonmetrictree View Post
    Hey Guy, I have lens comparisons of the 24XL, 28HR, and the 35XL shot on a Phase 25+ on a Alpa SWA. If you'd like to inspect the RAW files to see the difference in focal lengths, I would be happy to send them to anyone that would be interested in seeing how awesome that 24XL is. Send me a PM if you're interested!
    Man would love to see them. Yousendit is a good way to send large files.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Guy you will want to use the center filter most definitely for the 24mm lens.
    Have you considered renting a system for your job ? This is always a good option for anyone considering making a move into something new. It allows you to try it in the field, and if you like we can apply the rentals paid towards a purchase.

L
    Lance Schad
    Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
    Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
    Capture Integration
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Allyn View Post
    Ironically, Andrew, I was trying to follow the guidance of others like Jeff Schewe, etc. and start saving my processed files as TIFFs, but of course when you go to save the file in the same folder as the like-named RAW you get an offer to over-write the RAW. Not good. Saving a layered master file as a PSD can be done in the same folder, and will stand out as a processed file.

I just name my folders whatever and Raw and whatever and finals. But yes this can be dangerous with the .tif extensions

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by lance_schad View Post
    Guy you will want to use the center filter most definitely for the 24mm lens.
    Have you considered renting a system for your job ? This is always a good option for anyone considering making a move into something new. It allows you to try it in the field, and if you like we can apply the rentals paid towards a purchase.

L
    Lance Schad
    Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
    Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
    Capture Integration
    [email protected]
    Good idea also Lance. Center filter I hear is a must on the 24mm

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Capture One 4 DOES allow you to change the file extension to .IIQ. This is not a change in file formats; it is simply a name change. C1 4.2 Pro will also have this feature when released.

A long time ago (in computer terms) neither OSX nor Photoshop could read a raw file. That meant no ability to view even a low-res preview of a Phase One raw except in Capture One (this was in the days before Adobe Camera Raw). So Phase One named their raw file .TIF and included a very low-resolution tiff-formatted preview. This way OSX and programs like iView and Photoshop could see a thumbnail of the image. This is mostly a moot point now since Photoshop, Lightroom, and OSX have built in raw decoders. But at the time it was quite smart.

Quote Originally Posted by woodyspedden View Post
    IIRC the default for phase files is XXXXX.tif. Very confusing given that Tif has been used as a file format for many years. Phase could have named it anything so I am not happy with this decision.

Woody

Post Thanks / Like

Doug,

Thanks for this. I had set that preference in my installation of C1 v4 to no avail. I recently reinstalled the application because it was acting hinky, but since the preference did not work in the previous installation I did not try it again this week. I will set it now and see if it sticks.

Thanks again. This is what I was hoping to find out.

Edit: No go on my system – just as before. The preference is set to IIQ however the RAW file was imported as .tif. And Capture One can not see the file now. I'm running Mac OS X.4.11 on a non-Intel PowerMac (G5) and the application is... well... not well supported. I'll upgrade to a MacPro soon, but I was hoping to stall a bit longer so that I could put the money towards other gear.
    Last edited by Dale Allyn; 24th August 2008 at 19:04. Reason: typo

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Looking at the diagram CI has it does not look good for a P65 but maybe Doug can tell us

http://www.captureintegration.com/solutions/wide-angle/
    I feel like a genie in a bottle. Just quit rubbing me on Sundays. The numbers for a P65+ using the 24mm are close. I'll shoot a P45+ with a 2.4mm shift and a 1.8mm rise. This will simulate the corner of the frame of a P65+ and you can judge for yourself.

I'll also run the numbers on the angle-of-view with 47mm stitched all the way across the image circle vs the angle-of-view with a single 24mm shot.

For my own recreation I have the choice of taking the 24mm on our Horseman or the 35mm. I almost always take the 35mm and stitch-inside-the-image-circle two minimally-overlapping vertical images. But then, I'm kinda crazy about resolution :-).

Doug Peterson
    Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
    Personal Portfolio
    Last edited by dougpeterson; 24th August 2008 at 19:09. Reason: I always forget my signature!

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Doug,
    Edit: No go on my system just as before. The preference is set to IIQ however the RAW file was imported as .tif. And Capture One can not see the file now. I'm running Mac OS X.4.11 on a non-Intel PowerMac (G5) and the application is... well... not well supported. I'll upgrade to a MacPro soon, but I was hoping to stall a bit longer so that I could put the money towards other gear.
    I didn't think ahead. The IIQ file extension is only applied to tethered captures, not imported ones. You could always rename the files manually or with Automator to have the IIQ extension while we wait for 4.2 Pro, but this seems like more trouble that it's worth, and not worthy of a "phase one workflow" which is generally free of such BS.

Doug Peterson
    Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
    Personal Portfolio

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the confirmation, Doug. I now remember about the tethered caveat, but had also forgotten it tonight. I read the before.

And BTW: I did not rub you, and will not be doing so in the future. I do appreciate your input here though.

carbonmetrictree

Hey Dale, I guess I will have at least some kind of protection by having the multiple layered files not open up in ACR, while the RAW TIFF files will. I usually create a Working Files folder for any images that I have processed through ACR, then transfer them to a Master File folder when finished.

Ironically, Andrew, I was trying to follow the guidance of others like Jeff Schewe, etc. and start saving my processed files as TIFFs, but of course when you go to save the file in the same folder as the like-named RAW you get an offer to over-write the RAW. Not good. Saving a layered master file as a PSD can be done in the same folder, and will stand out as a processed file. Maybe I'll start creating a separate folder to separate the RAWs from the processed files and go back to saving as TIFFs, but still I don't like two different files with the same name on my system.

carbonmetrictree

Hey guys, you can download each of the lens comparisons shot on a tripod at Samy's Camera for you to see how wide each of the lenses are. Feel free to do what ever you wish with them, they will be deleted once I can test out the camera on my own

You can download them off of my server at:

Carbonmetrictree Imaging

Always happy to share!

-Andrew

By the way, these were all shot at f/16.5 @ 3s (approximately)
    Last edited by carbonmetrictree; 24th August 2008 at 19:27.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Andrew

carbonmetrictree

Guy,

Let me know what you feel about the lenses. I decided on the 28HR because it was in the middle of the two, but I really wish I could have the 24XL. It's just that I want to start out with only one lens for now, it was a very tough decision, considering I shoot most of my personal work with super wide lenses and my architectural work with a little longer lenses.