The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cambo 65th Anniversary Edition WRS AE

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Could end up in jail selecting those "protected harvest" ebony grips :)

kdphotography

The Cambo 65th Anniversary Edition is one sharp looking camera. I'd have to opt for the special G. Mancuso Mask option to get one, which also has a high jail probability. No guts, no glory. I like the "protected harvest" ebony grips!

:)

etrump

Awesome camera Guy. Surprised there was no T/S on the HR32.

thanks for posting, I enjoyed drooling over that body. ;)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just thought in case anyone cared or thought for a second that i would just walk away from one of these than your crazier than me. LOL

Of course I bought one number is 15/65 in black what else is there. LOL

It's so damn sexy I had to buy a new lens to go with it. A SK 60 TS which I am waiting to be delivered.

I NEVER bought a collectors item in my life but trust me this will NOT sit in a glass case either. LOL

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I NEVER bought a collectors item in my life but trust me this will NOT sit in a glass case either. LOL
We updated our Cambo Page with much the same thoughts.

However, Capture Integration isn’t usually enthusiastic about “special edition” items that only feature cosmetic changes. Fortunately Cambo agrees with this philosophy and added a few often-requested improvements to the core functions of the RS. The traditional metal grip of the RS body has been replaced by a wooden handgrip which makes handholding the camera (both for shooting and transportation) significantly more pleasant, especially in colder weather. The thumbwheels for rise/fall/shift have been enlarged and have a more strongly dimpled surface which makes large movements faster and small movements more precise. Finally, the self-arresting mechanism which keeps the rise movement locked has been improved with additional tension to counteract the weight of a digital back. This means that after mounting a digital back it as easy to rise as it is to fall correcting a minor but annoying aspect of using the original RS body.
http://www.captureintegration.com/tech-cameras/wide-rs-wide-ds/

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Btw, when the 65 limited editions are sold out will the weight compensation and larger shift/rise/fall controls be available on subsequent WRS cameras?

(Guy's product shots are beautiful but I still think my Alpa is better looking :D )

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Great. I started to read the thread, and it mentioned the New England Workshop in a few weeks. :bugeyes::shocked:

I almost fell off my chair. :ROTFL:

--Matt

Guy Mancuso

Lol yes this is a old thread and after the workshop I had to buy one. It is just so nice to work with. It's really a upgraded version of the WRS with some nice features bigger knobs better grips and also a weight lift system on the back to support it better and smoother on rise and fall movements. They also moved some levels around and obviously put nice leather inserts and creature comfort stuff on it. Now it's April I have had it about 5 months and really enjoying it. These will be in Atlanta this week plus a few surprises I hear from Cambo.

Steve Hendrix

:eek:
Great. I started to read the thread, and it mentioned the New England Workshop in a few weeks. :bugeyes::shocked:

I almost fell off my chair. :ROTFL:

--Matt

So did I! For very different reasons. (um, did I miss something that we covered in a meeting....?). :eek:

Steve Hendrix

Guy Mancuso

Yes but you better hurry as it is a limited edition of 65 and they are selling very well, I was with Rene from Cambo for 3 days and asked this very question. The bigger seller is the titanium model. I truly love mine. Great setup for me.