The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Tech Cam

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Dan

The tripod is not aligned vertical , the camera is not aligned horizontal , and you show that image two days before X-MAS . :ROTFL:
But it is still a nice image . Merry X-Mas .

danlindberg

David, here its just 'chilly', but very far from summer :D
Jotloob, :p, true, tripod bent but SWA was level....;) (promise :) )

stephengilbert

Jurgen,

I was going to say that if anything is not level, it's the camera that took the photo of the ALPA. Dan is always on the level.

Happy holidays, Steve

A couple things came in so decided to take a new photo of the Max.
Now with 32HR and dual 17mm T/S . Happy to have one of the "pimpest" Alpa's out there! They make it almost too easy, and too expensive lol.
Alpa was very kind in finding me a pair of grips that were very red.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I always enjoy seeing the beauty of technical cameras, all technical cameras actually and not just the best of them all (Alpa) :D

danlindberg

Organizing the cable on the MAX! Two small velcro straps keep the cable in place and yet easy to quickly change between the wides and the longish 120.
Works well with both wakeup cable or as here, zero latency cable.

May have to copy you on this one ;) . Does it make it more difficult to put away your gear after shooting?

Organizing the cable on the MAX! Two small velcro straps keep the cable in place and yet easy to quickly change between the wides and the longish 120.
Works well with both wakeup cable or as here, zero latency cable.

I saw that you got right of your left hand grip. I'm assuming it is almost necessary to make this change? I would have to agree that the cable is very annoying, but not having my left side grip would be a trade-off that I don't know if I'm willing to let go.

I find it easier to handle the camera (cable) in every respect! :)

danlindberg

I saw that you got right of your left hand grip. I'm assuming it is almost necessary to make this change? I would have to agree that the cable is very annoying, but not having my left side grip would be a trade-off that I don't know if I'm willing to let go.
No, not at all. The grip can stay in place, it's just me experimenting in every possible way that I can :D

rayyen

Mouth watering set up Dan!
What have you done with your wooden grip, looks very shinny? you polish it with wax?
Which lens is it on the 17' adaptor? And the hood, is it extendable? ... I'm curious : )

Shashin

What always gets me is the money you tech-camera guys fork over for the collapsable lens hood...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Steve,

That'll get you expelled from the Alpa club - listing such an inexpensive pimp item! You must of course direct people to the bargain priced Alpa hood :ROTFL::ROTFL: (which is only 25x the cost).

It would be funny if only it wasn't true ... (the cost)