The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Tech Cam

jctodd

Quick shot of my brand-new Cambo WRS-1200 - my first tech camera, and it's all the fault of the folks on this board :)

Why no Arca Swiss images?

Just curious!

Bill
Was just wondering the same thing. Every time I've raised tech cams, I've been advised towards Arca Swiss due to the on board T/S, and it's importance when using super high res backs. But, Alpa and Sinar P3 aside, everything has been a Cambo.

To the Cambo users - that 35.. is that a T/S lens or are you just using Shift?

PeterL

Q - who did the conversion for you and.. are they capable of accommodating an AFi back?
The Arcbody came with the Rodenstock 45mm, if I remember correctly. The other Rodenstock lenses with special mounts were available as an additional purchase from Hasselblad. The back if presumable just a IQ160 in V mount. No conversions needed. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a way to mount the AFI back to the Arcbody. But I could be wrong. This is 20 year old Hasselblad hardware, not that there is anything wrong with that......:)

schuster

Q - who did the conversion for you and.. are they capable of accommodating an AFi back?
The three lenses have helical focusing for the ArcBody.
Imacon/Hasselblad "V" backs fit with no problem.
For the Phase One IQ160, a machinist shaved a mm or two of metal from the body rear coupling plate. I don't know if the Leaf AFi (with Hasselblad "V" plate) would need that.

In the illustration, yellow number 1 points to the registration/light trap that was not altered. Number 2 was altered. The "after" image, on the right, looks like there's metal missing at the top, but it's there. I just cropped the image too tightly.

Last edited:

jars121

I am addicted...
ALPA 12 TC w/ Schneider Digitar 24mm XL
ALPA 12 STC w/ Schneider Digitar 36mm XL
ALPA 12 SWA w/ Schneider Digitar 47mm XL

Can I just say that as someone that wishes to one day own a technical camera (in particular an Alpa), this image is both stunning and heartbreaking.

tjv

Finally, I've joined the club! Here's a bad iPhone pic of my new Linhof Techno. I'm amazed at how solid this thing is. I'm even more amazed at how good the Silvestri ground glass screen is – finer grained and a lot brighter than the new Linhof screen and fresnel I bought for my Technika last year. I'm still waiting for my 90mm HR and film back so I can't use it just yet, but this 60mm APO-Digital XL seems a sweet little lens! Just gotta get me a micro leveling head and, eventually, a digital back... :chug:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
The irresistible.....

The irrestible .
How true . I picked mine up two weeks ago . With rosewood grip .
I have no TC portrait yet and am still waiting for one of my existing lenses to be adapted for her . That lens should be back from Rodenstock by next week .

dchew

Something different: Pieces parts...
Alpa STC, sk150, 100hr, 70hr, 40hr (soon to be replaced with the SB version)

Dave

dchew

Ha! Keeping the cows from stepping on them was the toughest part. :)

Kidding. It is actually one of those old manufacturing carts we use as a coffee table. And no I don't have any cows. :(

Graham, I have a grip, but I very much like the way everything fits in the bag without it and the viewfinder. I normally have the back mounted on the STC but no lens. Also it has been a very wet fall, and I go out in all sorts of weather. I worry a bit about screwing up the wood. :)

Dave

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Graham, I have a grip, but I very much like the way everything fits in the bag without it and the viewfinder. I normally have the back mounted on the STC but no lens. Also it has been a very wet fall, and I go out in all sorts of weather. I worry a bit about screwing up the wood. :)

Dave
I certainly understand the logic. With the back/body/plate combo you've also got a nice 'block' of camera that can fit in to a dedicated space in the bag too which makes for more efficient packing and potentially less movement compared to assigning a big enough space for the entire body with any lens.

Once you have a plate on both axis of the STC the grip actually does become somewhat of a luxury finger hold just to get the camera out of the bag and on/off the tripod.

dchew

I will do my best over the weekend!

In the mean time, here is a stunning photo of the very complicated manual that comes with the T/S adapter. It highlights the precise scale on these T/S adapters. :)

The frustrating part is they cut the "manual" to the perfect size for a beer coaster, but it is way too thin for that. So I have no idea what I am going to do with it...
:ROTFL: