The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Tech Cam

jotloob

Subscriber Member
New lens lineup
My month is watering just by looking at that gear .

Yes a HR-DIGARON 23mm would be fine . I have a project where my HR28 is just not wide enough but even if I sqeeze my wallet , that HR23 is Not in sight .

jarane

Happy to be a techie!!
Cambo Ultima D35
Not as good a shot as some of the other I've seen in here, but it'll do for now.
E.C.

It's the same camera, but it has a D800 as a capture device.

@FoodShooter: did you solve your lens shade situation?

E.C.
Not as sophisticated as I might have liked (as it lacks adjustability on the horizontal axis), but I'm using one of those double ended clips...one end attaches to the front standard and the other simply holds a black piece of board.

hogweed

This babe must still be quite rare.

View attachment 75187

View attachment 75188

The Bicam III now finally has horizontal shift on the body/back too. They changed the grip last year too.
With the I/II, only vertical shift was possible.

The body is nice as it allows to be used as a pure wide-angle Tech cam, with the lenses in focussing mount (The 35mm here is on a special board, that fit the camera body directly, the other lenses have a bayonet-type mount). You can mount the back directly, or use it with a sliding back. Since the new body has now side shift I sold my sliding-stitching back.

(It also fits a bellow which adds more shifts and tilts the camera. It is then very similar to the Techno (maybe a bit less sturdy). Lenses must then be mounted on a simple board. A valid soltuion for studio work with simple tabletops)

I used to have to Flexicam before,(I showed it over at the LL forum) which is a similar bellow camera. It was fine in studio, even for repros, but not so much with the 35mm on location. Ground glass focussing isn't that easy when you can focus past infinity.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thank you Dan

for showing your new buisness card and your lovely ALPA collection ,
but also for your portrait in middle of the card .

Can you please give some info about the disto holder on the FPS .
I have not seen these parts anywhere before . Thank you .

ddanois

You took the words out of my mouth! The Disto holder is awesome. Can you share where we could get one?

Derek

Thank you Dan

for showing your new buisness card and your lovely ALPA collection ,
but also for your portrait in middle of the card .

I have not seen these parts anywhere before . Thank you .

danlindberg

You took the words out of my mouth! The Disto holder is awesome.
Absolutely.

I used the up-side-down Alpa adaptor for the SWA and mounted the smallest ballhead I could find, the Cullman CB2. And then screw on the Disto of course...
On the MAX I use it on the left side instead of on top!

Works really great!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
And people joke about the meccano design of the Alpa. I love the fact that you can add just about anything to the system with all of the mounts and adapters!

The reverse mount is also perfect on the TC to give it a little lift too and then mount the tripod plate on it. It also helps when you use a film back to give extra clearance from the tripod head.

:thumbs:

Shashin

The artist reflected in the center filter is a nice touch. I bet the first person you give this to will say they think it is really cute that you are using antique cameras...

jars121

Still trying to learn the proper terminology (iow, I'm not entirely sure that this qualifies as a 'tech camera')...but since another monorail view camera has been posted, I'll drop mine into the mix.

Cambo Ultima 23.

I'm looking at getting either this or the 4x5 version in the near future. I think they are just gorgeous cameras!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The artist reflected in the center filter is a nice touch. I bet the first person you give this to will say they think it is really cute that you are using antique cameras...
And the second will ask if there's something wrong with their glasses since the phone number & web address are all out of focus :ROTFL:

I love that our antique cameras are the epitome of high technology in reality :thumbs:

Last edited:

danlindberg

...that you are using antique cameras...
Only the day before yesterday I got a comment when I set up the Max in old town Marbella.

"What on earth is THAT?" (with big eyes and circling the camera)

I explained and he got enthusiastic and we conversed for 15 minutes about how it works in general terms. He was thrilled and said that he would search the net and read more....
I think this is nice :) who knows....maybe a future buyer of mf gear!

So, if anybody feels lonely and seeks friends I would advice, buy yourself a dog, a Harley Davidson or an Alpa :D either works....

Shashin

So, if anybody feels lonely and seeks friends I would advice, buy yourself a dog, a Harley Davidson or an Alpa :D either works....
Well, choose carefully. I get more chicks with my Newfoundland and only strange-looking old guys with my camera gear. Whatever is your thing...

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Absolutely.

I used the up-side-down Alpa adaptor for the SWA and mounted the smallest ballhead I could find, the Cullman CB2. And then screw on the Disto of course...
On the MAX I use it on the left side instead of on top!

Works really great!

Thank you Dan for the info . Your adaption is a good idea . :thumbup:
I have a CB2.7 mini ball head on order now and will make the adapter myself .
I am so keen on this , because I am fedup with putting the DISTO in my trouser pockets and dropping my purse or keys when getting the DISTO out again .

alajuela

Hi
I still love my Cambo, but been playing with the Arca, using old lenses, this lens has the shutter on the front, now I found a guy to make an adapter bushing and mounting the shutters on the back.
Hope I get something good before the end of the year. It been sooo hot here!!