The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Tech Cam

Smoothjazz

Any thoughts on if the new 100mm Otus coming out would work in this configuration?

Playing around with the Zeiss Otus lenses on the Cambo, using a Fotodiox Pro Nikon-->EOS adapter, attached to the Cambo Canon lens board [apparently securely], and then the 1600. Benno was courteous and helpful in my consideration of his Alpa Nikon adapter on my STC, but in the end, I decided to stay with the Cambo approach. The Otus 28 cannot get to infinity, and since one of the reasons to try this is to get a larger aperture lens on the IQ4.150 for night time and star field shooting, that's a non-starter. The 55 appears very close to infinity, but I need a clear night to be confident of that. Haven't tried the 85 yet. Resolution and detail are excellent, even at 400%, and while the image circle ain't exactly grandiose, I still get a 95mpx image after aggressive cropping.
View attachment 140065View attachment 140064View attachment 140062View attachment 140063

danlindberg

Hey Dan,

Is that the max that was on the bottom of the lake?

Peter
Peter, The Max that was in the lake wasn't beyond repair, but severely damaged with a complete rebuild necessary and a hefty price attached! Alpa was very understanding of the whole situation and made me a deal where I could exchange it for a new Alpa 12 Plus of which I did. No regrets there! The Plus is a marvelous body and one that I will cherish for as long as I possibly can. Love it!

Audii-Dudii

Playing around with the Zeiss Otus lenses on the Cambo, using a Fotodiox Pro Nikon-->EOS adapter, attached to the Cambo Canon lens board [apparently securely], and then the 1600.
I apologize for being late to the party, but just now noticed your post...

That said, if you would like to pursue this approach further -- and why not, seeing that you already have the camera, back, and lenses! -- a better option is to purchase a $109 Cambo WRS-1092 Body Front Cover (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&O=&Q=&ap=y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0rW1xvOM1QIVyQOGCh1qhwnYEAkYCyABEgKJOvD_BwE&is=REG&sku=1348483) to serve as a lens panel for your 1600, as well as a $49.95 Fotodiox CinePro Canon EF to Nikon G lens mount adapter with aperture control (https://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Lens-Mount-Adapter-Built/dp/B00LRWMTEU), drill the appropriate size hole in the center of the lens panel and fabricate a spacer of the appropriate thickness to be inserted in between the lens panel and lens mount so as to position the surface of the lens bayonet at 46.5 mm from the surface of the sensor (so it will focus at infinity) and then screw everything together solidly using several M4x.7 screws ... voila!

I know this for a fact, because when I was considering upgrading my Cambo WDS FrankenKamera (which I modified to combine a Sony A7R body with various 35 mm and medium-format lenses) to the slightly smaller and lighter Cambo WRC-1600 a while back, I fabricated something very similar myself when I briefly evaluated the camera and it worked quite well indeed. I would offer it to you, but I ended up cannibalizing it and reused the parts and material for other projects, so it no longer exists...

And if you don't have the inclination or resources to tackle this project this yourself, it's something S.K. Grimes (or any competent local machinist) can easily do for you for not very much money.

dchew

What is the equivalent brand for Canikon as it applies to technical cameras?

Cambalpa?
Alpcamb?
Alcam?
Alpo? (dogs clap their paws).

It's temporary until I can source an appropriate lens or two (thanks Victor for the adapter help).:thumbup:

Dave

dchew

BTW, does anyone else mount the Actus on an RRS quick clamp? The rail is way too loose. I had to find another RRS rail I had that uses a screw clamp and mount rail on rail.

Dave

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The Cambo rail is Arca swiss compatible which differs from RRS. I had the opposite problem as I use Arca clamps/heads with the flip-lock clamp and in the end I standardized on all true Arca plates and brackets in order to use the same clamp settings.

gerald.d

Since we're having fun with mashups, here's my Panasomamiyacapcamalpalinos :D

To mount the Panasonic S1R to the CAPcam, I had a mounting plate manufactured for the CAPcam that "presents itself" as a Mamiya 645 lens. That means with lens adapters I can mount pretty much any camera I want to the CAPcam. The only issue, as will be obvious, is that the Panasonic has to be mounted using an additional extension tube so that it clears the CAPcam itself.

Here is what the CAPcam looks like normally for mounting a digital back -

On the lens side, I had an ALPA V-groove adapter bolted onto a CAPcam recessed lens panel, and then mounted to this is the Linos 105mm f/5.6 Float. This is sold by Phase One for their industrial cameras, as is optically identical to (although somewhat cheaper than) the Rodenstock/ALPA Macro Switar 5.6/105mm.

(I also have a second ALPA V-groove adapter bolted to a CAPcam flat lens panel that I can mount the Linos to if I want higher magnification.)

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Greg Haag

Decided to join in on this. I am new to technical cameras, had this about 60 days, but l love it so far. A big thank you to many of you responsible for helping find the right system for me.

Shot with Leica S007 120mm

Gregs Technical Camera.jpg

ndwgolf

Question to the gang
Could I utilize my Hasselblad H6D100c back and convert it into a Tech Camera and if the answer is yes "Why and how would I do that"?
Neil

anyone

Neil,
I had the H6D100c and considered that as an option. This article may be helpful if you have not read it. http://static.hasselblad.com/2017/06/TCC-17.pdf
Good Luck,
Greg
Thanks for the link, interesting! Why did you decide against that option? In fact, I haven‘t seen anyone here really using Hasselblad H backs on their tech cam. There must be a better reason than the external battery pack to it, given the attractive pricing of the H series...

Greg Haag

Thanks for the link, interesting! Why did you decide against that option? In fact, I haven‘t seen anyone here really using Hasselblad H backs on their tech cam. There must be a better reason than the external battery pack to it, given the attractive pricing of the H series...
I sent you a PM.