The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Tech Cam

mristuccia

Just put together this hybrid tech-cam:

• Cambo Wide DS with Hasselblad V back adapter
  • Hasselblad CFV-50c CMOS digital back
  • Litz-Studio Cambo-Hasselblad-V lens adapter
Now I can use shift/raise movements with my vast Hasselblad-V lens set. :)

anyone

Just put together this hybrid tech-cam:

• Cambo Wide DS with Hasselblad V back adapter
  • Hasselblad CFV-50c CMOS digital back
  • Litz-Studio Cambo-Hasselblad-V lens adapter
Now I can use shift/raise movements with my vast Hasselblad-V lens set. :)

Nice setup :) Just out of curiousity, can you use the shutter of the Hasselblad lenses ? How do you wind it?

mristuccia

Nice setup :) Just out of curiousity, can you use the shutter of the Hasselblad lenses ? How do you wind it?
Thanks Thomas. :)
Yes I can. This adapter from Litz-Studio has a similar (or maybe even refurbished/cannibalized) cocking wheel as the one present in the Hasselblad Flexbody.

You can see it in the image below:

I wind it manually by rotating the wheel. When cocked, the shutter stays open, so that I can use live view to frame and focus. Then, a gentle half-press on the release button will close the shutter. A full press will then do the real shot (open-close the shutter). I can also directly full press the release button in order to make the photo in one shot. Probably the first step is only useful for film backs where, once focused with a screen glass, you are supposed to put the film back and remove the dark slide before making the shot. But doing it in two steps is also useful to minimize vibrations, so I always do so.

Here is the eBay link of this adapter:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Cambo-WDS-WRS-Lens-board-fit-Hasselblad-lens-phase-one-leaf-digital-back-used/174060828461

Many thanks to John (jng) for pointing me at it!

ndwgolf

Thanks Greg. I will contact one of the Tech Cam distributers and try and figure out what sort of damage it will cost me to get started?

Neil
Looking at all the options for the H6D as a Tech camera it looks to me that the best option is the HTS 1.5 Tilt shift adapter. My widest lens is 50mm so maybe cost me an 28mm lens as well
Neil

Greg Haag

Looking at all the options for the H6D as a Tech camera it looks to me that the best option is the HTS 1.5 Tilt shift adapter. My widest lens is 50mm so maybe cost me an 28mm lens as well
Neil
Neil, based on my experience, I would recommend renting one first and make sure it meets your expectations. I had the HTS 1.5 and always felt my images were never as sharp as they were with the same lens without the HTS. It could be something I was doing that was contributing to the problem, but I was never able to get acceptable results.
Good Luck,
Greg

JeffK

Was out creating images of trees on the weekend with the IQ260A + Cambo WDS + 35XL + UV/IR Cut. I think a Cambo WRS-400 might be a bit easier to carry around.

camboWDS.jpg

instagram.com/current.journey

tcdeveau

Nice to see your A12 Plus. Why the red lens bracket over the black?
No particular reason for the red over the black other than my dealer had a CPO red one so I saved a little $$ :p

I like the color contrast though. Nice to see a little color in a world of silver, grey, and black camera gear.

Greg Haag

12+ joins the family.

Dave

Dave, I feel so many different emotions as I look at that picture!

Jealousy, my wish list just expanded
Comfort, I am not alone
Temptation, I want to act on my next purchase
ect., ect., ect.

:salute:

Beautiful suite of tech cams!