The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Tech Cam

dchew

You have an Actus too? :thumbs:
I do. It makes focusing a lot easier for all those leather shots. No fumbling around adding adapters, moving tripod, removing adapters, moving tripod, adding...

And as John pointed out, the front standard - Alpa adapter means I can get away with using my existing lenses. Not the best when applying tilt, but doable until I find either a used Cambo or unmounted lens in the 90-120 range. The sk 120 M version would be perfect.

Dave

dchew

Dave - you're catching up to Graham in the tripod department! :p

John

P.S. Love the hybrid Cambo/Alpa rig. Is it an "Alpo?" :ROTFL:
Exactly. As for the tripods, that one on the left is the old original Gitzo Mountaineer 1228, ca 1995-ish. That B1 ballhead barely moves these days.

Dave

jotloob

Subscriber Member
No , it is the HR-DIGARON-W 4,5/40mm . An excellent lens .
I do not use a centerfilter for any of my ALPA lenses . 28mm 40mm 70mm and 90mm .

Smoothjazz

No center filter for even the 28mm? I have the 28 mm lens, but find the CF helps keep the edges from getting dark. Do you do the same in post-processing?
Cheers,
John

No , it is the HR-DIGARON-W 4,5/40mm . An excellent lens .
I do not use a centerfilter for any of my ALPA lenses . 28mm 40mm 70mm and 90mm .

jotloob

Subscriber Member
@John

I only take an LCC shot for the HR DIGARON S 4,5/28mm and the HR DIGARON W 4,5 40mm lenses .
No need for the 70 and 90 mm .
As I use HASSELBLAD CFV39 and CFV50 backs , the correction is made in PHOCUS by scene correction .

beano_z

Long time no post, the lousy pandemic has messed up work and life in general, but the good thing is that I got more time to play with the camera at home. So I was struggling with my huge Dinkum lens shade + goose neck as it was too cumbersome to transport and to use in the field. I knew I had to find a better solution which didn't involve me buying more ALPA gear in these struggling times.

So behold the Frankenshade! I had spend roughly the equivalent of US$ 50,- on the various parts, including the custom cut carbon fibre panel, and so far it seems to be working quite well on the 23mm. Even with me moving the camera frequently it won't budge, unlike the Dinkum which would often creep slowly into frame without me noticing, thus ruining shots.

WechatIMG22404.jpeg

WechatIMG22412.jpeg

WechatIMG22411.jpeg

WechatIMG22405.jpeg

WechatIMG22403.jpeg

WechatIMG22402.jpeg

Greg Haag

Long time no post, the lousy pandemic has messed up work and life in general, but the good thing is that I got more time to play with the camera at home. So I was struggling with my huge Dinkum lens shade + goose neck as it was too cumbersome to transport and to use in the field. I knew I had to find a better solution which didn't involve me buying more ALPA gear in these struggling times.

So behold the Frankenshade! I had spend roughly the equivalent of US$ 50,- on the various parts, including the custom cut carbon fibre panel, and so far it seems to be working quite well on the 23mm. Even with me moving the camera frequently it won't budge, unlike the Dinkum which would often creep slowly into frame without me noticing, thus ruining shots.

View attachment 150159

View attachment 150160

View attachment 150161

View attachment 150162

View attachment 150163

View attachment 150164
Binbin, I love your Frankenshade, may I ask where you got the articulating arm?

TimoK

I don't know about Dan's lens, but it is Schneider's "aperture mount". I have couple of lenses mounted so: Digitar 80mm, Apo Digitar-m 120mm, G-Claron...

rdeloe

Schneider Kreuznach put their optics in all kinds of different mounts. The aperture mount in Dan's picture is basically the same as the mount used in some of their enlarging lenses. My Apo-Digitar 80/4 is in one of those. They also provide them to industry in "Makro-Iris" mounts, which use a special "B-V" mounting system and an iris that just has numbers 1, 2, 3, etc. for the f-stops, plus no clicks. My Apo-Componon 60mm f/4 is in the Makro-Iris mount. Optics are the same as the Apo-Componon HM 60/4 enlarger lens, and the Apo-Digitar 60mm f/4. I like the Makro-Iris mounts because the aperture blades have a nicer shape than the weird arrangement in the aperture mount.