The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any recomendations on cases or bags for Alpa 12 Max?

C

carbonmetrictree

I will soon be trading both of my kidneys to Lance at Capture Integration in trade for an Alpa 12 MAX and a P45+ digital back. Any recommendations for storage on the go? Most bags are designed around 35mm SLR cameras, so I have no idea what I can use to keep the equipment safe.

Andrew

N

Natasa Stojsic

I will soon be trading both of my kidneys to Lance at Capture Integration in trade for an Alpa 12 MAX and a P45+ digital back. Any recommendations for storage on the go? Most bags are designed around 35mm SLR cameras, so I have no idea what I can use to keep the equipment safe.

Andrew
Very good idea you actually to asked about the bag...

I paid 10K deposit for:

ALPA 12 TC
ALPA 12 MAX
Schneider Apo-Digitar 5.6/24 mm XL
Schneider Apo-Digitar 5.6/35 mm XL
Schneider Apo-Digitar 5.6/47 mm XL decentered
ALPA Accessories cost like x2 ALPA 12 TC:thumbdown:

So Andrew, I don't even think there's money left for a little lens bag....
but hey I'm working on ordering P45+:ROTFL:

C

carbonmetrictree

Wow Natasa, congratulations on the setup! I really want a TC, but I think that will wait for later after I sell some more of my equipment. I'm thinking that a Pelican case would be one of the only options because of the pluck and pull foam, my 4x5 that I put up on the For Sale page was really secure. One of the sellers at Samy's Camera in Los Angeles had an ingenious idea of putting the MAX body in a 12" padded laptop case, I might purchase a 15" so I can slide the camera and the lens into it for quick storage.

PeterA

Andrew - I have asked Lance to organise two pluck and pull Pelicans for my order. Aready have my Alpa gear - but looking forward to user views on Alpa Max - vs Arca Swiss. - sold my TC and kept 12WA and will decide between those two for stitiching purposes.

N

Natasa Stojsic

Wow Natasa, congratulations on the setup! I really want a TC, but I think that will wait for later after I sell some more of my equipment. I'm thinking that a Pelican case would be one of the only options because of the pluck and pull foam, my 4x5 that I put up on the For Sale page was really secure. One of the sellers at Samy's Camera in Los Angeles had an ingenious idea of putting the MAX body in a 12" padded laptop case, I might purchase a 15" so I can slide the camera and the lens into it for quick storage.

Using padded laptop case sounds good. However, I was advised against it because putting few or even one lens in padded laptop case is risky, these lenses are very fragile.... but pelican sounds good for me especially if they have the size you can carry on board?

C

carbonmetrictree

You guys are a riot! Considering the price on all of the equipment, maybe we can group buy a few Halliburton cases :angel:

N

Natasa Stojsic

You guys are a riot! Considering the price on all of the equipment, maybe we can group buy a few Halliburton cases :angel:
How about 21" carbon fiber carry on w/ suiter $2,500.00?

Andrew, don't be surprised if you see me with one:p I guess I'll just need to blame it on somebody.....
in this case on you:ROTFL:

mark1958

I have a lightware bag I used for my rollei x act 2, leaf back lenses sliding back etc. I was going to sell if anyone is interested.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
You may want to check out the new pelican 1510 airline roller case.
The max w/o lens would slide right into the laptop holder. Then in the case below it you could cutout the foam for back,lenses and maybe your PhaseOne 645FAD.
Here is a picture of what it looks like.
l

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
Capture Integration
[email protected]

C

carbonmetrictree

Maybe you'll get a free pair of handcuffs so the case will be with you at all times. That is, unless someone chops your hand off first for all of your Alpa gear! :ROTFL:

We should get a free armed guard if we purchase the TC, SWA, MAX, and XY.

How about 21" carbon fiber carry on w/ suiter $2,500.00?

Andrew, don't be surprised if you see me with one:p I guess I'll just need to blame it on somebody.....
in this case on you:ROTFL:

C

carbonmetrictree

Thanks Lance, maybe I can drop by Samy's over here to see what it looks like in real life. I'm tired of cutting out pieces of paper to see the actual dimensions of the Alpa gear. Wow, maybe I shouldn't have told you that. Anyway, that's how excited I was when I figured out that I could purchase the 12Max, lol. :D

You may want to check out the new pelican 1510 airline roller case.
The max w/o lens would slide right into the laptop holder. Then in the case below it you could cutout the foam for back,lenses and maybe your PhaseOne 645FAD.
Here is a picture of what it looks like.
l

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
Capture Integration
[email protected]

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I got two Pelican cases with the purchase of my Back and one with my new Phase body. Looks like I may have found a use for them

woodyspedden

Andrew
Andrew

I attended Foto3 trade show in June (only cost me an H3DII-39, backpack etc so pretty cheap LOL!) and found this backpack in one of the booths. The bag looks large but the area at the bottom is just a holder for the rainhood so very lightweight) and overall the use of extremely lightweight material makes for a very usable pack. The bag fits very securely and is basically customized to your torso. The internal crates securely holds everything in place so no chance your gear will ever come tumbling out. I just love mine (used for the Hassy MF kit) and as described the bag was originally designed for technical cameras. Take a look here http://www.photobackpacker.com/home.asp

Woody Spedden

I agree that you can damage a lens when it is not kept in a rigid case. I damaged my 24mm when travelling with a soft camera bag, this lens have a flexible mount and it is prone to this kind of problems.
Yevgeny

C

carbonmetrictree

Hmmm, that's right Guy! Maybe I'll wait to see how large they are and maybe I could just get a new cube of foam to customize it again. Good idea! :thumbs:

I got two Pelican cases with the purchase of my Back and one with my new Phase body. Looks like I may have found a use for them