The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

645DF+1.3 LEAF CROP FACTOR - AIN'T WYSIWYG

SHAY KEDEM

I have the Aptus-II 8 (40MP), the sensor is a 1.3 crop sensor,
yet - i can't see any viewfinder indication for the real-life cropped FOV.
( i think that the VF FOV is a 645 full frame view)

Q :Is there any option (CF maybe) over the 645DF body that allows to see the actual FOV?

Really frustrated by this issue, specially while i shoot fashion and need to re-compose again and again in order to achieve the superb composition.

Please - Suggest any technical solution out there.

Thanks, BR,

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
You need to order one of the following:

Mamiya:
252-22783A Focusing Screen Type A SP303 44x33 (Mfr number 324482)

Leaf:
252-22782A Mamiya focusing screen 44x33

Ben Rubinstein

Any reason why you can't pencil in the crop on the focusing screen? I do that on all my Canon's to show the 4:5 crop (for wedding work). I'd assumed that you would get a viewfinder mask with the back, rather shocked that you don't actually.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Typically you do get mask inserts to put under the Mamiya/Phase One VF focus screen. I have a pile of them here that I got with my P40+ plus I had a couple with my Aptus 65. The Mamiya part 252-22783A is the viewfinder focus screen that ships with the DM-28 camera which is basically a Leaf II-8 & DF body combination.

yaya

Shay the mask should be either in the camera or in the case with all the accessories. Check with the dealer in case you can't find it and we'll get you another one if not

Yair