The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I need a tripod for my new MFDB!!

Willow

Now that the MFDB has arrived ( Leaf Aptus II-8 ), I discovered I need a tripod that I can depend on for sharp pictures.-).

I have three old Gitzos ( G320, G1297 and a big heavy one ( 6kg) that I cannot find a name on (G1504 like) )

Maybe one of those are sufficient for my MFDB??
Or maybe a new one!!

Can you guys with knowledge about this matter give me a solution.
Tripod and head.

Willow

Graham Mitchell

Now that the MFDB has arrived ( Leaf Aptus II-8 ), I discovered I need a tripod that I can depend on for sharp pictures.-).

I have three old Gitzos ( G320, G1297 and a big heavy one ( 6kg) that I cannot find a name on (G1504 like) )

Maybe one of those are sufficient for my MFDB??
Or maybe a new one!!

Can you guys with knowledge about this matter give me a solution.
Tripod and head.

Willow
Which camera will you be using? You never said.

Shashin

I think you first need to prove you have a problem with the tripods you own before buying a new one. MFD cameras aren't any more difficult to hold on a tripod than many other cameras.

kdphotography

I think you first need to prove you have a problem with the tripods you own before buying a new one......
Not in Dante's forum! :ROTFL:

If you want a large stable Gitzo CF, I *may* sell my Gitzo 5541LS (with Naturescapes safety plate).

ken

Willow

I have the Mamiya 645 DF/Leaf AptusII 8.

I tried it on my Gitzo320, and that was not stable enough.

The heavy one is probably stable enough, but it is to heavy to log around.

I put the question out to hear if it has been any major developments the last years in tripods and head, that would make me need a new tripod/head.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Honestly look at B&H and than consider Kens or mine after you read the specs. Both of ours will hold us on it. I would go nothing less than a Gitzo 3 series with my DF and lenses. But your gonna want a good head too. Stay Arca there pick your poison. I use the Z1 many use the Cube.

Willow

Thanx for the answers.

I will test the tripods I have first, and see if it match the AptusII-8.

( Which I will trade for an IQ140 because of the LCD and the live view)

dick

I have the Mamiya 645 DF/Leaf AptusII 8.

I tried it on my Gitzo320, and that was not stable enough.

The heavy one is probably stable enough, but it is to heavy to log around.

I put the question out to hear if it has been any major developments the last years in tripods and head, that would make me need a new tripod/head.
I have a Gitzo and a 10Kg Manfrotto with a geared head, and a 10m Manfrotto. I think the Gitzo is fine when I cannot be bothered to carry the heavy one, and I use a wire release with it.
¿Are you using the tripod on a stable floor? ¿wind?