The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

France with the Linhof Techno/P65+

vieri

I spent July photographing in France (Normandy, Brittany & the Loire valley), using my Linhof Techno with the Phase One P65+; lens were the Rodenstock 28mm, Schneider 47, 90 & 180. Here some images from the trip:

More here and here.

All shots taken at around f11/f16, on a Gitzo GT3541XLS tripod + Cube; I used rise/fall almost for every image, and a little tilt here and there, shot custom LCC for each images, processed them in C1 and then Photoshop (using PS's Photomerge when needed).

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Rise and fall are the most useful feature of any tech cam . I have yet to shoot a real shot without it yet. That goes for any scenario as well. Something to think about folks.

Vieri great stuff.

cs750

Vieri,
Thanks very much for posting these images. They are really nice! Did you use Photoshop to title the images? Charles

jerome

Vieri, those images are wonderful, especially the lighthouse in Brittany.

Maybe it's my screen, but I find your b&w a bit tedious :)

Congratulation for la roche aux fées, you did a great job with a difficult subject (I visited this place, but nothing so good as your image came to my eyes !)

vieri

Great work. Were you shooting for a book or big prints?
Thank you! Big prints, actually - I am working on exhibition material, plus print sales. A book might be in the works, but it's a long way from now as far as I can see... :)

Rise and fall are the most useful feature of any tech cam . I have yet to shoot a real shot without it yet. That goes for any scenario as well. Something to think about folks.

Vieri great stuff.
Indeed Guy, very true. I got about 50 usable images from my France trip, and I don't think there is a single one without rise/fall. Of course, most where architectures/castles, so YMMV.

Thanks for the nice words Guy, very much appreciated! :)

Vieri,
Thanks very much for posting these images. They are really nice! Did you use Photoshop to title the images? Charles
Thank you very much! Yes, I used Photoshop for the framing/title - a little action I created which makes things a bit quicker.

Vieri, those images are wonderful, especially the lighthouse in Brittany.

Maybe it's my screen, but I find your b&w a bit tedious :)

Congratulation for la roche aux fées, you did a great job with a difficult subject (I visited this place, but nothing so good as your image came to my eyes !)
Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed. La Roche aux Fees is tough for the lighting, with all the foliage and such, but I think it came out ok... about the BW, they look ok to me on my calibrated Eizo; do you find them too low in contrast? Can you give me some more info on how do they look like on your screen? I'd appreciate it a lot, thanks in advance!

yatlee

Hi Vieri, the lighthouse one is lovely. Was it shot by the 47mm? Great work! Just curious, what do you use to carry all those gear around? I used a thinktank airport takeoff. Yat

vieri

Nice images, Vieri.

Thierry
Thank you Thierry! :)

It's mainly the Chateaux de Serrant that may lacks of contrast
Hey Jerome, thanks for your answer - indeed the Serrant picture is the one with the lowest contrast of all the BW, you are right; it looks fine on my monitor though, I will have to check it out on other screens. Thanks again!

Awesome work Vieri! Congrats on a successful trip.
Thank you very much!

Hi Vieri, the lighthouse one is lovely. Was it shot by the 47mm? Great work! Just curious, what do you use to carry all those gear around? I used a thinktank airport takeoff. Yat
Thank you Yatlee! Glad you enjoyed - the lighthouse has been shot with the 90 mm IIRC; for this trip I used a Lowepro ProTrekker 300 AW, an awesome bag which contained all I needed and is very comfortable to backpack around with as well (it has a rigid frame & is very easy to setup for different builds etc)

Love the photographs.
Thank you Chong!