The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 4.1.2 supports Hasselblad and Contax Lenses

lance_schad

Workshop Member
This happened a week ago but did not see any posts about in on the MFDB forum.Phase One users that v 4.1.2 is now released and is a free upgrade. One of the main features of this upgrade is the support for lens corrections for not only Mamiya/Phase lenses but HC,V and Contax lenses made possible by Lens+ and Focus+ technologies.
Here is the list of lenses of third party lenses that are supported :

Carl Zeiss (Contax) 140mm f2.8
Carl Zeiss (Contax) 35mm
Carl Zeiss (Contax) 45mm
Carl Zeiss (Contax) 55mm
Carl Zeiss (Contax) 80mm f2-f4

Carl Zeiss (Hasselblad FE) 110mm
Carl Zeiss (Hasselblad) 120mm
Carl Zeiss (Hasselblad) 40mm
Carl Zeiss (Hasselblad) 50mm
Carl Zeiss (Hasselblad) 60mm
Carl Zeiss (Hasselblad) 80mm

Hasselblad HC 100mm
Hasselblad HC 120mm
Hasselblad HC 150mmN
Hasselblad HC 35mm
Hasselblad HC 50-110mm at 110mm
Hasselblad HC 50-110mm at 50mm
Hasselblad HC 50-110mm at 70mm
Hasselblad HC 80mm

Phase One 3.5 / 45mm TS lens (neutral position only)

This furthers Phase Ones commitment to keeping MF platforms open.

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
Capture Integration
[email protected]

D

DougDolde

I haven't seen ANY CA or purple fringing with my Zeiss Contax lenses, but that's on an Aptus 75S not a Phase back.

mtomalty

Doug

Do you have/use the Contax 45mm?
The two that I have owned (both long gone as is the system) in the past,both, had
very apparent CA.

Mark

P

plasticimage

I tried it with my H2/P30+, and the correction didn't do anything. Nothing. This is comparing 2 processed files -- one with the correction, the other without. I tried it with files taken with the 80mm and the 150mm.

I was hoping this would help some of the purple fringing I get with backlit shots...

Has anyone gotten this to work?

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I tried it with my H2/P30+, and the correction didn't do anything. Nothing. This is comparing 2 processed files -- one with the correction, the other without. I tried it with files taken with the 80mm and the 150mm.

I was hoping this would help some of the purple fringing I get with backlit shots...

Has anyone gotten this to work?
We've only done limited testing here (a lot of other tests going on) but it seemed to do a pretty good job. I expect more improvement as well as some ability to control the aggressiveness of the correction in Pro. But then, I expect a lot in Pro (correction for barrel distortion and soft-corners are all supposed to be in pro.); we'll just have to wait and see.

Re: I haven't seen ANY CA or purple fringing with my Zeiss Contax lenses, but that's on an Aptus 75S not a Phase back.

CA isn't bad with most of those lenses, but at the corners with strong black/white lines in high contrast lighting it will show up. CA is a function of glass and resolution, not brands of digital backs. All lenses have CA in the sense that no lens can focus R G and B in the exact same spot; but you can't see a line of CA if it falls below the pixel threshold (technically the threshold is higher because of the bayer pattern, but that's not important).

Doug Peterson
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
Personal Portfolio

T

TMARK

The Lens corrections work very well on my Mamiya lenses, especially the 45 2.8.