The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Sinar Hy6-65 Camera System (31 MPx) Announced

T

thsinar

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thierry I have not read the news yet but road trip sounds like something you may want to consider like right now.

Graham Mitchell

I hope you and the family stay safe, Thierry. You all have a place to stay in Estonia any time if things get really bad. I have to warn you though, the fridge is empty

fotografz

So it's a Kodak sensor like that of the H3D-II/31 and Phase One P30+.

That is very exciting news IMHO. I'll be very interested in the ISO info when available ... but it should be decent.

Sounds like a very fast camera to use with the Schneider AF glass.

Congrats to Sinar.

(Gee, the design looks exactly like the one I did in that previous thread ... including the extended bright metal strip across to the back itself ;)

T

thsinar

well, speaking about road trips: it reminds me 2 years ago, when I had to take my flight to Photokina. The airport was temporarily closed at the time I wanted to take my plane, due to the army's "coup d'état" taking place.

Did you say there is Photokina in a couple of weeks?!

:confused:

Thierry

Thierry I have not read the news yet but road trip sounds like something you may want to consider like right now.

T

thsinar

Thanks Graham, much appreciated!

I will try to bring out whatever I can from the country, to fill your fridge.
:)

Thierry

I hope you and the family stay safe, Thierry. You all have a place to stay in Estonia any time if things get really bad. I have to warn you though, the fridge is empty

T

thsinar

Thanks Marc.

I said it, that I forward all suggestions, included your design!
:)

Best regards,
Thierry

So it's a Kodak sensor like that of the H3D-II/31 and Phase One P30+.

That is very exciting news IMHO. I'll be very interested in the ISO info when available ... but it should be decent.

Sounds like a very fast camera to use with the Schneider AF glass.

Congrats to Sinar.

(Gee, the design looks exactly like the one I did in that previous thread ... including the extended bright metal strip across to the back itself ;)

BJNY

Thierry,
The image used in the press release still shows blue in the waist level finder and battery grip.

T

thsinar

I saw it, but not mine.

Let's see when we have it in front of the eyes: all I can say is that the back I saw 2 months ago was matching.

Thierry

Thierry,
The image used in the press release still shows blue in the waist level finder and battery grip.

David K

Workshop Member
Thierry,

My personal feeling is that Sinar has gone in precisely the right direction with the introduction of this camera. A fast shooting, lower price point solution with high ISO performance competitive with the best backs on the market. All this with the added advantage of being able to bypass proprietary software and the in camera jpgs should produce the best on screen image of any digital back out there. If this is priced right it should be a real winner for Sinar. I'm guessing the fashion shooters will be all over this puppy.

T

thsinar

Thanks David,

yes, that was one of the ideas behind our decision to come with a 31 MPx camera.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,

My personal feeling is that Sinar has gone in precisely the right direction with the introduction of this camera. A fast shooting, lower price point solution with high ISO performance competitive with the best backs on the market. All this with the added advantage of being able to bypass proprietary software and the in camera jpgs should produce the best on screen image of any digital back out there. If this is priced right it should be a real winner for Sinar. I'm guessing the fashion shooters will be all over this puppy.

PSon

Thierry,
You mentioned other medium format cameras compatibility with the new back but will it also work with the Contax 645? I bet it would work since it is from Sinar.

Best Regards,
-Son