Site Sponsors

Thread: PhaseOne 645 AFD

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

PhaseOne 645 AFD

My PhaseOne 645 body kit arrived very late Tuesday; many thanks to Chris at Capture Integration. FedEx had a brand new driver on our route and while the camera was on the truck out for delivery since around 5 a.m. it didn’t get into my hands till shortly after 6 p.m. but the wait was well worth it.

Phase/Mamiya did a good job on this camera. I like having the controls all in one place and visible in the viewfinder there’s no need to take your eyes from the viewfinder to make changes; that is once you get used to where all the buttons are located. I think the grip is larger than what it used to be; I judge that by visually comparison and by feel. Speaking of feel, the camera just feels good.

Having the camera arrive so late in the day I was only able to test it a short time. I don’t normally use a 80mm lens (I’ve got the excellent 75-150) so I decided to see what it would do. Just a quick comment on the 80 lens; it feels (there’s that word again) much better than the one I remember from years ago.

This image was taken from out back yard looking at the great cloudscape of early evening.

I went up to Mt lemmon the following day to both test the body and get cooler and got this shot with my 28mm.

Bottom line? If you’re on the fence about getting the new body contact Chris at Capture Integration and order one, you won’t be sorry.

It took me all of about 15 minutes to decide to sell my Mamiya AFD II.

don
    Last edited by Don Libby; 29th August 2008 at 09:47.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: PhaseOne 645 AFD

LOL less than that for me. Mine was sold 4 weeks before I got the new one. LOL

It is a nice new body I agree.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Don. I'm looking forward to ordering one too. I have to wait for a bit, and I'm mentally preparing for the 45-90 as well (ouch!$), but it seems that everyone loves the new body and 80mm.

Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Creek View Post
    My PhaseOne 645 body kit arrived very late Tuesday; many thanks to Chris at Capture Integration. FedEx had a brand new driver on our route and while the camera was on the truck out for delivery since around 5 a.m. it didnít get into my hands till shortly after 6 p.m. but the wait was well worth it.

Phase/Mamiya did a good job on this camera. I like having the controls all in one place and visible in the viewfinder thereís no need to take your eyes from the viewfinder to make changes; that is once you get used to where all the buttons are located. I think the grip is larger than what it used to be; I judge that by visually comparison and by feel. Speaking of feel, the camera just feels good.

Having the camera arrive so late in the day I was only able to test it a short time. I donít normally use a 80mm lens (Iíve got the excellent 75-150) so I decided to see what it would do. Just a quick comment on the 80 lens; it feels (thereís that word again) much better than the one I remember from years ago.

This image was taken from out back yard looking at the great cloudscape of early evening.

I went up to Mt lemmon the following day to both test the body and get cooler and got this shot with my 28mm.

Bottom line? If youíre on the fence about getting the new body contact Chris at Capture Integration and order one, you wonít be sorry.

It took me all of about 15 minutes to decide to sell my Mamiya AFD II.

don
    Don

I have the Hassy H3DII-39 System with the 28mm lens and now that I have it and am shooting with it constantly I am not sure how I did without it!!!.. This is a fabulous lens and with the DAC corrections for it in Phocus a world beater to be sure.

Great images my friend. You set a standard for all of us to shoot at

Woody