Site Sponsors

Thread: my new p40+

Post Thanks / Like

my new p40+

Hy all :-)
    After a lot of thinking i finaly get my PHASE ONE P40+ system !!!!
    I got it yesterday and i shoot some pics at home just to see everything was ok.

I have notice some purple color dominant in shadows.
    i will put a pic on .

I shoot with the tugsten lights of my house and the tv was on so maybe the very cold tone of the tv also make this purple color cast on shadows.
    Do you think this is normal with this poor lighting? or the sensor needs some kind of caliblation?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: my new p40+

Nenes,

It is rather not so visible in your images, but I see some light magenta rather in the mid-tones than in the shadows on my screen.

You could shoot a white background, uniformly lit, to see how is the response of the sensor. Expose it for a medium grey.

Best,
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by nenes View Post
    Hy all :-)
    I have notice some purple color dominant in shadows.
    Thierry Hagenauer
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You need to shoot a known color under a known light source to determine color fidelity. Like Thierry said, a large white or gray anything evenly lit will tell you that the sensor is even across its field; a macbeth or passport color checker under the sun will tell if your overall color response is good.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I would also add test it in daylight first to see how it is. Tungsten is a little tough to test with and also not sure of your raw processor software but certainly test with C1 since it is fine tuned for that back. I had that back for over a year and it is very very good. color response was very good and as Jack said get a color checker in the shot it is really the only way to tell if everything is correct. The P40 also had a firmware update not long ago and may want to check you are up to date and latest version of C1. Bottom line take away as many variables as possible.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com