The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What is the max. capacity CF card that can be used in H3DII-31

s.agar

I have not been able to locate any information in the user manual or in the forum, can you please advise the largest size of CF card that can be used with this camera.

I had to use my existing 16GB cards (Transcend 16 GB 133X) and the camera asked to format, and eventually I ended up with 8 GB space. (Vista shows that the rest is an unallocated section). Therefore is 8 GB the max. size, or was that a problem with this card only. Before investing in Sandisk IV 16 GB, I wanted to check.

Regards, Seyhun

P.S. Once formatted in Hasselblad, it can't be reformatted at 16GB with windows. D300 formats it as 8 GB also, but reports the number of available shots as if it's 16GB. This may be a problem only with this Transcend card. (I hope)

fotografz

I'm using 16 gig and 12 gig Sandisk Extreme III CFs in my H3D-II/31.

The 16 gig Sandisk card reformats to 15.2 gig for 303 images.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
My Phase also takes 16 gb cards I have the Sandisk Extreme III also and 2 Transcend 16 gb cards as back up. I get 606 shots per card with my P25 .

s.agar

That means Transcend 16 GB 133X cards are not compatible. But Sandisk IV 16 GB will work. Thanks, Seyhun

I'm using 16 gig and 12 gig Sandisk Extreme III CFs in my H3D-II/31.

The 16 gig Sandisk card reformats to 15.2 gig for 303 images.

fotografz

That means Transcend 16 GB 133X cards are not compatible. But Sandisk IV 16 GB will work. Thanks, Seyhun
Seyhun, where does one find 16 gig Extreme IV Sandisk cards?

Sandisk doesn't list these on their site, and a Google search turns up nothing. I think you mean 16 gig Extreme III Sandisk CFs.

fotografz

Seyhun, where does one find 16 gig Extreme IV Sandisk cards?

Sandisk doesn't list these on their site, and a Google search turns up nothing. I think you mean 16 gig Extreme III Sandisk CFs.
Never mind, I just saw that B&H now stocks 16 gig IVs ... whaoo !

mark1958

LOL It must be a new listing because i had checked BH site a few days earlier. I am just not sure how much faster they are going to be in a specific camera. Rob Galbraith did a lot of testing in the earlier days and the limit on speed was many times the device it was being used in.M

Yes there are ... as of today!

B&H just listed them. Hell, Sandisk didn't even have them on their site yesterday.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=cart&A=details&Q=&sku=571877&is=REG

I just ordered 3 of them ... one for the H3D-II/31, and 2 for the D3 dual slots.

I have the need, the need for speed ;)

fotografz

LOL It must be a new listing because i had checked BH site a few days earlier. I am just not sure how much faster they are going to be in a specific camera. Rob Galbraith did a lot of testing in the earlier days and the limit on speed was many times the device it was being used in.M
They'll be faster in the D3 ... but way more importantly is the downloading of 1000 wedding images after a long day. With the FW800 Lexar readers it'll be Zoom-Zoom-Zoom ...

mark1958

i have a few nieces and nephews getting close to the marrying age--- and living in Bloomfield Hills area--- I will get you some referrals to test those new cards :)

They'll be faster in the D3 ... but way more importantly is the downloading of 1000 wedding images after a long day. With the FW800 Lexar readers it'll be Zoom-Zoom-Zoom ...

A

andershald

Hi Everyone.

:lecture:

Forgive this completely off topic post, but there has not been a single instance so far in this forum where I have been able to correct you guys (this forum is an endless source of quality information)...so I can't resist the temptation to point out that the line actually goes:

I feel the need, the need for speed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNDXfzmnvQA

:p

Anders

fotografz

i have a few nieces and nephews getting close to the marrying age--- and living in Bloomfield Hills area--- I will get you some referrals to test those new cards :)
Oh Mark that would be much appreciated ... business here has been deplorable. Here are two links to my wedding images, and I promise to give them a good deal and some bonus stuff when the time comes. Take a peek at the second link yourself, it is more recent.

www.fotografz.com

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=540005

fotografz

Hi Everyone.

:lecture:

Forgive this completely off topic post, but there has not been a single instance so far in this forum where I have been able to correct you guys (this forum is an endless source of quality information)...so I can't resist the temptation to point out that the line actually goes:

I feel the need, the need for speed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNDXfzmnvQA

:p

Anders
Yep, that's correct ... but that was referencing those slower, antique airplanes :ROTFL:

s.agar

Are you sure that these will work for the H3DII-31? I hope it doesn't turn out as the Transcend 16GB cards turned out.
Please let us know after you try it.

Best regards

Seyhun

Yes there are ... as of today!

B&H just listed them. Hell, Sandisk didn't even have them on their site yesterday.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=cart&A=details&Q=&sku=571877&is=REG

I just ordered 3 of them ... one for the H3D-II/31, and 2 for the D3 dual slots.

I have the need, the need for speed ;)

fotografz

Are you sure that these will work for the H3DII-31? I hope it doesn't turn out as the Transcend 16GB cards turned out.
Please let us know after you try it.

Best regards

Seyhun
Will do Seyhun ... but I don't see why not ... I already use 16 gig Sandisk Extreme III CFs in the H3D-IIs ... and Hasselblad recommends Extreme IV CFs ... a 2 gig Extreme IV actually comes with the camera.

But I will be getting them Monday or Tuesday and will report back.

mark1958

Definitely will do. I have seen your main site before. A few years back could have bagged some bar mitzvahs

Oh Mark that would be much appreciated ... business here has been deplorable. Here are two links to my wedding images, and I promise to give them a good deal and some bonus stuff when the time comes. Take a peek at the second link yourself, it is more recent.

www.fotografz.com

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=540005