The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What is the max. capacity CF card that can be used in H3DII-31

fotografz

I have not been able to locate any information in the user manual or in the forum, can you please advise the largest size of CF card that can be used with this camera.

I had to use my existing 16GB cards (Transcend 16 GB 133X) and the camera asked to format, and eventually I ended up with 8 GB space. (Vista shows that the rest is an unallocated section). Therefore is 8 GB the max. size, or was that a problem with this card only. Before investing in Sandisk IV 16 GB, I wanted to check.

Regards, Seyhun

P.S. Once formatted in Hasselblad, it can't be reformatted at 16GB with windows. D300 formats it as 8 GB also, but reports the number of available shots as if it's 16GB. This may be a problem only with this Transcend card. (I hope)
Seyhun, my 16 gig Sandisk Extreme IV CFs arrived, and they work in the H3D-II/31 (full capacity, 16 gigs for 303 images) :thumbup:

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Don't know if this has been mentioned or if anyone cares, but best prices I have seen for memory cards, both SD and CF are from www.newegg.com. They have great service and very reliable...just recently bought a 16gb sdhc card [Transcend] fwiw.....Have bought many memory cards from them, honest dealer. ...fwiw....also www.tigerdirect.com also good....usually both are way less than B&H....

C

carbonmetrictree

fotografz

I'll stick with my 4gbs until they drop to $100 :D
Oh they'll get there ... that's for sure. When the 64 gig CFs arrive, they'll offer the 32 Gig Exreme Vs with 60 MB a second transfer ... and I'll have a pile of 16 Gig Extreme IVs for sale here in a "Grab Bag" fire sale. :ROTFL:

For me, time is of the essence ... faster cameras and/or cameras shooting huge files ... jobs like weddings where an 8 hour shoot can produce up to 1000 files shot to 2 cards at once ... and downloaded at midnight ... any bottle neck
is irritating. :angry:

s.agar

David,

Thanks for the information.

As the original starter of this thread, I have to inform that I was very disappointed with the (H3DII-31 + 16GB 133X version of the Transcend CF cards) combination. I can use only 8GB portion, and the rest is an "unallocated sector" once you format the cards in H3DII-31.

Kindly confirm that the new cards are compatible with the H3DII-31. I don't mean that the problem lies with the CF cards alone, I can still use those with the Nikon D300. Having said that, I also have to inform that there is problem with these 16GB 133X version cards, because they are very slow to download to the PC. Formatting in the PC (using vista SP1) full formatting takes an extremely long time as well, like 30 minutes, or I feel like that after having a few cups of coffee while waiting.

I bought the cards from amazon.com, and trust that these are genuine Transcend cards.

Best regards,

Seyhun

We have Transcend 300X UDMA 16GB CF cards for sale at $195. Over $150 less for the same speed and size as the Extreme IV.

http://www.dalephotoanddigital.com/_e/CompactFlash_Cards/product/760557812760/Transcend_16GB_300X_UDMA_CompactFlash_Card.htm

David

s.agar

Thanks. I have started the procedure to buy a few (just 2ea. in fact), but had to stop after seeing the price. Time is the cure for everything!

Seyhun

Seyhun, my 16 gig Sandisk Extreme IV CFs arrived, and they work in the H3D-II/31 (full capacity, 16 gigs for 303 images) :thumbup:

C

carbonmetrictree

You've got a VERY good point there. I'll probably try out a 16gb once everything finally settles down sometime over here. LOL, if your fire sale comes early, please let me know!

Oh they'll get there ... that's for sure. When the 64 gig CFs arrive, they'll offer the 32 Gig Exreme Vs with 60 MB a second transfer ... and I'll have a pile of 16 Gig Extreme IVs for sale here in a "Grab Bag" fire sale. :ROTFL:

For me, time is of the essence ... faster cameras and/or cameras shooting huge files ... jobs like weddings where an 8 hour shoot can produce up to 1000 files shot to 2 cards at once ... and downloaded at midnight ... any bottle neck
is irritating. :angry: