The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

tsjanik

Sandy Beach, Acadia National Park. Pramote posted an image from the same cove in the MF forum. My wife took the shot of me with a K-5 at ISO 12,800!

Tom

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Shooting some long exposures in Pt Roberts, WA

The set up and scene:

Set up composition shot IQ160 210mm 1/40 f/8

Long exposure result @ 2m (flipped & cropped):

Earlier shot - same location:

Normal exposure for composition DF/IQ160 210mm 1/160 @ f/11 ISO 50

Mr Eagle obliges :D

Final long exposure shot:

Shashin

It looks like a lot of members have been turning up in my end of the world--Tom and Pramote are the latest. Acadia is a beautiful place. Near Otter Cliffs. Me and my stuff--I am not actually blue, I just thought Avatars were blue. Photo credit goes to my wife with an E-P1.

The result--Pentax 645D and 120mm Macro and Hoya 400X 9-stop ND filter.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
At the Zion Workshop, we were hoping to get some sun down a canyon. It never got there, but the scene was still dramatic.

Getting the tripod in the tree was a lot of fun, too. Thank you, Jack! :cool:

Best,

Matt

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
:ROTFL:

I know it *looks* like we just walked up and set Matt's tripod there, but the reality was it took probably 5 minutes of fighting branches, bushes and rocks in the way before settling on just the right spot!

Pemihan

Here's a behind the scene shot from way out in Grand Staircase Escalante NM and the resulting image.
Cambo WRS, SK 35XL, Mamiya DM22.

GrahamWelland

On the road home and saw this lenticular cloud over Mt Shasta at a rest stop but alas sunset was a wash. A 6ft step ladder would have been helpful to fully clear the fence, however, here's the shot for fun & giggles anyway :)

Alpa STC IQ160, 90HRW, 18mm rear fall, 15s @ f/11 ISO50

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
:ROTFL:

I know it *looks* like we just walked up and set Matt's tripod there, but the reality was it took probably 5 minutes of fighting branches, bushes and rocks in the way before settling on just the right spot!
We should have put the rocks and branches back before the shot :ROTFL:

GrahamWelland

I've started shooting film panos and digital together these days because, well, heck I just enjoy shooting both!

I'll update with the results when I get home and my frostbite has recovered. I really don't miss changing 120 film in 22f with a howling wind ... sometimes digital is so much easier!

Btw, I normally only use my Lee Big Stopper for long exposures but this weekend I had to use it just to use IQ160 live view @ f/11 :eek:

GrahamWelland

Having fun with the TC today. Spot the difference ...

I believe that Mr KR uses the term Real Raw. I had a devil of a job getting the CF card to stay in. :ROTFL:

I've been shooting with my Alpa / Linhof 66x44mm film back recently. Unsurprisingly the Schneider / Rodenstock digital glass has produced the sharpest slides I've ever shot! :D

danlindberg

Beautiful Graham :clap:

I have been lusting for a filmback for quite some time. Havn't made the jump though. I'm also hesitating on format. Leaning on a 6x7 to maintain aspect ratio and not put the tremendous strain on the lenses and image circle with a 6x9. But I am not at all sure.....
I have thousands of 6x8 velvia from my GX 680 III days, maybe that would be the right route....

GrahamWelland

One thing I will say about the Linhof film back is that if we ever have a nuclear holocaust this thing will be in perfect working order and surviving alongside the cockroaches. I swear that it has victorian over engineered construction. :thumbs:

The TC becomes a veritable panzer tank with this thing on it. It's seems svelte by comparison with the P25+ or IQ back on.

It's been sitting around for a year or so unloved so I figured I ought to blow some film through it.