The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

GregMO

This is for an art commission I'm working on. The film is at the lab for processing.

Used my 4x5 to shoot an early morning scene of Georgetown (Washington DC). The original idea was to get some college crew boats in the shot & do a B&W image, but they cancelled practice. I took a few shots on HP5 & a couple with Portra 160. The fog made for an interesting scene.

GregMO

Here are some from the Cherry Blossoms in DC about a month ago.

617 pano just after sunrise. I went back a week later & got a shot of the path without the people.

5 x 7 shortly after sunset on the same day.

WildRover

I had a breakdown near here with no photo gear along. Spent the time wandering around checking things out while I waited for a rescue. I was attracted by the rust stains on this old relic, and thought there could be a photograph or two here. I came back and did a series only to find out I'd not taken near enough slices for the photo stack of what I thought was my best shot. Recently came back again and and did my slices. The challenge for what I was trying to do was to not include any of the background structures in any of the photos. My humble setup. Pentax 645D, Pentax 645A 35mm.
Rick

Last edited:

Shashin

I had a breakdown near here with no photo gear along. Spent the time wandering around checking things out while I waited for a rescue. I was attracted by the rust stains on this old relic, and thought there could be a photograph or two here. I came back and did a series only to find out I'd not taken near enough slices for the photo stack of what I thought was my best shot. Recently came back again and and did my slices. The challenge for what I was trying to do was to not include any of the background structures in any of the photos. My humble setup. Pentax 645D, Pentax 645A 35mm.
Rick
Very nice. I have found the Pentax Reconverter 645 right-angle finder really good in this situation. It is one of the best accessories for the 645D. KEH has a couple now.

WildRover

Thanks, Shashin. I have one but have never used it. This would have been the perfect spot. Geese ply these grounds, as evidenced by close inspection of the shooting location. I guess I worry about the camera threads spinning it on and off. Also it's one more thing to carry. I should certainly give a try. It would probably entice me to get lower camera perspectives and search more of those shots out.
Rick

Shashin

I would not worry about the threads. If you screw it in with the finder body, at some point the pressure will be too much for the friction in the mounting screw and it will spin and not tighten further--to change position, I always spin it clockwise as so not to loosen it. This thing is always in my bag. I don't use it very much, but when it is needed, it makes the world of difference.

Bildifokus

The set up.​

My first trip to Söderåsen national park in the south of Sweden. Unfortunately time was limited. I have to get back later this fall to capture the scenes better. This national park has a lot to offer. If you are in the neighborhood I recommend you to put one day aside to explore the landscape.

The result.​

Behind the scenes in the studio...This is for a chain restaurant's drink menu that is delivered via iPads, so the customer can swipe and enlarge for specific info.

Behind the scenes in the studio...This is for a chain restaurant's drink menu that is delivered via iPads, so the customer can swipe and enlarge for specific info.
Cambo... Leaf Valeo 22... word "food" in user name. You wouldn't happen to be member "Foodguy" on POTN would you?

No particular reason I'm asking, I just tend to get hung up on details like that.

malmac

The location Seilebost Harris Scotland.

IQ180 35mm 1/500 f11 iso200

Except for the lack of palm trees this could be the South Pacific.

Yes I was very close to the point of no return.