The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

malmac

Ray

Really beautiful images - now where is that phone number for my travel agent? Must be here somewhere in this mess on my desk.

I'm inspired.

Thank You.

Mal

jecxz

Some wonderful images in this thread. Below I used an ND plus a Grad ND to manage the light (which also gave it the deeper magenta) at f20 for 81 seconds. Attached to my antique H3DII39 was the HTS + 28mm.

However, the most important piece of equipment was...

my trusted pair of boots!

Kind regards,
Derek Jecxz
derek jecxz
www.facebook.com/derek.jecxz.photographer

dchew

3 weeks since a post here? Crazy eh? Here is one from last fall when I was snooping around near Graham...

No way I'm gonna reach that viewfinder :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I find myself often preferring the "Behind the Scene" photos to the real intended photo. This is a good example.
==Doug
That probably sounds a little harsher than what was intended, but I think I know what you mean though. Seeing the context of a shot can be very illuminating and there's often quite a difference between the stark 'real' environmental scene to the finished art image.

Personally, I love this thread and enjoy both the environmental images and the great final results.

rayyen

Raymond, what's your opinion of the Sirui tripod you're using?

Tom
Hi Tom,

It's super light & compact, I will not use it unless I'm using TC with a not-too-heavy lens, normally, I use it with my Leica, but that day, i'm lazy to carry my series 1, so take that Sirui, it's similar to Gitzo series 0 : )

Cheers,

Ray

douglaspboyd

That probably sounds a little harsher than what was intended, but I think I know what you mean though. Seeing the context of a shot can be very illuminating and there's often quite a difference between the stark 'real' environmental scene to the finished art image.

Personally, I love this thread and enjoy both the environmental images and the great final results.
Thanks for correcting my intention Graham. I also love this thread and most of the pictures. I was referring to the excellent picture in post #182 above that I liked. Didn't realize that my comment would not be threaded.
==Doug

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Trying out my newly 630nm IR converted Aptus 65M from the back yard.

B&W converted image - will reprocess with false colour later.

malmac

On location on the Macquarie River west of Sydney.

In my left hand you can see I have the GND filter ready to hold in front of the lens once I get the focus, etc where I wanted it.

tsjanik

On location on the Macquarie River west of Sydney.

In my left hand you can see I have the GND filter ready to hold in front of the lens once I get the focus, etc where I wanted it.
That's a good one Mal; I like the steel-blue water emerging from darkness.

Tom

malmac

Thanks Tom

It has taken a shift in my thinking to start celebrating some areas of flat black in some images.
Also the almost black and white is inspired by my visit to the Ansel Adam's exhibition in Sydney at present. Funny how inspiration works.

mal