The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

danlindberg

A difficult to get location, in fact, I doubt you could get here by a 4x4. I was on my bike and that was a handfull.

The Alpa GON in action together with the FPS and Helvetar 75.

beano_z

Just finished shooting, all set for the grand opening tomorrow, thought I'd share these before I hit the sack, it's almost 3am ;)

100MP back getting pretty warm after long series of 2sec exposure with the electronic shutter, still can't believe how easy it has become to shoot such interiors with the electronic shutter and live view!

WechatIMG2.jpeg

WechatIMG1.jpeg

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Time for a GFX image. First time out and so not great art but GFX + $350 Mamiya 500/5.6 N that I've had for many, many years, in fact since my Pro TL days. :thumbs:

jng

Time for a GFX image. First time out and so not great art but GFX + $350 Mamiya 500/5.6 N that I've had for many, many years, in fact since my Pro TL days. :thumbs:
Graham,

I am impressed and also a bit surprised at the sharpness of the image, considering that the camera body (fired with focal plane shutter?) is hanging waaaaaay off the back of the lens. A reason never to part with another good lens again?

John

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Well, that's on a cube with a long plate, rigid lens adapter and all well damped. ISO 125, f/8 1/4s but I did use electronic shutter. Gitzo SGT giant on spikes. If the wind had been blowing then more long lens technique would be recommended.

This is is a jpg too - forgot to change mode to raw!

Last edited:

jng

Ahhhh, the electronic shutter must surely be a large part of the equation here. On top of the heavy duty hardware!:thumbs:

darr

Re: Alligator Watches Calmly

An alligator can be the typical onlooker during a lot of my shots near my home. They do not usually bother with you unless you bring your dog along and it is close to the golden hour as that is when they are hungry and look to feast. I had an unforgettable experience once (which was enough to teach me well!) with a gator. It was a bit earlier in the day, around 3pm and I was scouting a marsh area for a location for later to shoot. I left my dog in the SUV as I walked into the marsh looking. I came across a nice area with trees that ran along a small pond like area that was a feed from the bay a short distance away. It was the trees and birds that drew me in to walk down to the mucky ground and waterline. I stood there for a good 5-7 minutes listening and looking. There was green scum close to my feet, but I had on my boots and did not think anything of it. As I turned to move back towards the embankment, a gator lifted his head out of the green scum about 2 feet from where my left foot had been! It seems the green scum had been covering the gator as he laid there sleeping. :shocked: Thank goodness I left my dog in the SUV! About a year later, a tourist lost their dog to a gator near the same area. Needless to say, I no longer bring my dog with me. My TC is on a RRS TQC-14 tripod which I recently purchased. I also own a 2 series, but wanted a lighter weight tripod since the TC setup weighs so little. So far, I like it. I am 5'3" and feel a taller photographer may not appreciate the height of this tripod, but for me, with only two leg extensions out, it is near perfect. :)

And another with a change of lens and the back placed in the horizontal position:

darr

Re: Banana Spider

So what's a gal to do after she passes through a gate and finds a Banana Spider above her head? Grab a camera of course! :ROTFL:
If not for the very pleasant breeze, I would have tried for a focus stack, but that spider was swinging in the wind so I shot with my fingers crossed.
Thank you for the well-wishing PMs regarding Irma. We are on alert and hope to not have to retreive to Atlanta. #praying

dchew

Am I the only one who can't see Dan's images uploaded from 'Photobucket'?

If others have the same problem, I hope images can be uploaded with DPI's Manage Attachments.

Kirk
No you are not the only one. Dan posted about a month ago he suddenly got a notice from the service he uses that he had to pay or go. I think the way it was done irked him, so he stopped using photobucket.

We all have our fingers crossed that he finds a solution cuz we miss his images!

Dave

darr

Re: Behind the scenes Autumn Colors

I thought I would take a couple of snaps and share how I shoot a quick still life with one studio light and shoot through umbrella. My biggest hurdle is shooting from an overhead position because I need to use a step ladder and that is not always easy to do in a small space. Anyhow I took my doggie for a walk in the backyard and picked up some of the last bit of autumn color I could find. One Profoto D1 500 Air, ALPA TC with Schneider 120 macro and Hasselblad CFV50c back. Post-processed in Lightroom, then a textured background added and done.

Kind regards,
Darr