The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

nikonf

Re: Behind the scenes Autumn Colors

Darr,

You are a very talented artist. I love your creativity!

Many thanks for the technique and shots.

Best,
Mike

I thought I would take a couple of snaps and share how I shoot a quick still life with one studio light and shoot through umbrella. My biggest hurdle is shooting from an overhead position because I need to use a step ladder and that is not always easy to do in a small space. Anyhow I took my doggie for a walk in the backyard and picked up some of the last bit of autumn color I could find. One Profoto D1 500 Air, ALPA TC with Schneider 120 macro and Hasselblad CFV50c back. Post-processed in Lightroom, then a textured background added and done.

Kind regards,
Darr

darr

Darr,

You are a very talented artist. I love your creativity!

Many thanks for the technique and shots.

Best,
Mike
Hi Mike!
Thank you for your kind words. I do enjoy sharing with others!!
I wish you Happy Holidays my friend!

Kind regards,
Darr

nikonf

Hi Darr,

Happy Holidays to you!

Perhaps we can do some shooting next year in your neck of the woods?

You always inspire me with the sharing of your art.

Best,
Mike
Hi Mike!
Thank you for your kind words. I do enjoy sharing with others!!
I wish you Happy Holidays my friend!

Kind regards,
Darr

darr

Hi Darr,

Happy Holidays to you!

Perhaps we can do some shooting next year in your neck of the woods?

You always inspire me with the sharing of your art.

Best,
Mike
Mike,

Absolutely! I enjoy meeting and sharing shoot time with other photographers.

Kind regards,
Darr

algrove

Looks like a beautiful scene to photograph Dan!

This may sound like a silly question, but from the photo, there appears to be a green cover or something on the outside of your Aptus II. What is that?

Gary
It's a Blue Ring Aptus II.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
This may sound like a silly question, but from the photo, there appears to be a green cover or something on the outside of your Aptus II. What is that?

Gary
Elastic band / wrist band. We use them to add a soft bumper to protect the edge of the MFDB from getting scratched. You’ve probably noticed how your MF camera will tend to sit back on the edge of the MFDB and so hence the bump stop :thumbs:

Attachments

bensonga

Elastic band / wrist band. We use them to add a soft bumper to protect the edge of the MFDB from getting scratched. You’ve probably noticed how your MF camera will tend to sit back on the edge of the MFDB and so hence the bump stop :thumbs:
Thanks Graham....I'll have to look for some of these. :thumbup:

Gary

kdphotography

We will have pigs-styled "Welland Wraps" in Phase One blue, available at this year's Capture Integration in Carmel. :D

CI in Carmel MFDB Welland Wraps.jpg

stephengilbert

"We will have pigs-styled 'Welland Wraps' in Phase One blue, available at this year's Capture Integration in Carmel."

Of course you will.