The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

beano_z

What beautiful images Beano Z! I am not up on all the digital backs, but yours says "Sony" I had no idea that Sony ever released a dedicated digital MFD back unless I am missing something?

Dave (D&A)
Thanks man!

The SONY logo is just a sticker I bough off the internet, since the digital back always attracts a crowd, especially on a tech-cam, I found it easier to explain that my camera is a SONY in stead of a Phase One :grin:

The funny thing is that I think my XF with the SONY logo even showed up on the SONY Alpha rumours page at one point :bugeyes:

danlindberg

Trying out the levelling base for the Pro75 tripod. I won't be using all the Gon components but yesterday the whole excercise was to test stability in high winds and longer exposure, so I put on everything I have...

The MAX is also a little bit of a sail in the wind so this was definitely going to be a tough task to pin down the complete assembly in 25 second exposures. (3.0 ND, f8, iso100)

Happy to report that everything static is sharp.

I also would like to add that I love the flexibility of the MAX with 10mm left back shift to recompose from my only 'comfortable' placement of tripod/cam, 5mm lens fall and on top a 4 degree front tilt for increased DOF. Just not possible with an ordinary cam.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Nice!

Contemplated the leveling base for the big Novy, but the Cube serves that purpose.The minicube L60 doesn't have the travel, so the TrioBal is a great match there.

Looks great!

--Matt

awslee

Thanks man!

The SONY logo is just a sticker I bough off the internet, since the digital back always attracts a crowd, especially on a tech-cam, I found it easier to explain that my camera is a SONY in stead of a Phase One :grin:

The funny thing is that I think my XF with the SONY logo even showed up on the SONY Alpha rumours page at one point :bugeyes:
I think I am going to get the SONY logo as well!!!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thanks man!

Very nice . Ohhh , I like that very much . Lovely idea . :thumbs::thumbs:

danlindberg

The lovely Sierra Guarajas between Almuñecar on the coast and Granada in soth of Spain. A day out with my mum :thumbup:

danlindberg

This took some time to make. Never ending stream with people moving about.

10 stop ND gave me around 7 second exposure to blur moving people. I have 10mm rise on the Schneider 120N.

beano_z

One from my Yosemite trip two weeks ago.....loved every single minute of it, can't wait to go again sometime!

That evening there were only 3 people shooting this scene and we were sitting so comfortable on a big log, just enjoying the nature and waiting for the light.

This image was shot on the big SONY (obviously) and the 35/3.5 lens, with a 3-stop soft grad over a 10-stop ND giving me a 180s exposure at ISO50, F/11, never mind what you see on the camera screen in the phone shot, the final image was taken much later, when the sun had almost completely dropped behind the horizon and the oranges and reds started to show in the clouds above.

WechatIMG102.jpeg

CF009506 Yosemite - Wednesday 02-May-2018

by BB, on Flickr

Steve Hendrix

Trying out the levelling base for the Pro75 tripod. I won't be using all the Gon components but yesterday the whole excercise was to test stability in high winds and longer exposure, so I put on everything I have...

The MAX is also a little bit of a sail in the wind so this was definitely going to be a tough task to pin down the complete assembly in 25 second exposures. (3.0 ND, f8, iso100)

Happy to report that everything static is sharp.

I also would like to add that I love the flexibility of the MAX with 10mm left back shift to recompose from my only 'comfortable' placement of tripod/cam, 5mm lens fall and on top a 4 degree front tilt for increased DOF. Just not possible with an ordinary cam.

Spot on Dan, an important benefit that many who have never used an XY camera body struggle to understand.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Pemihan

We all have Ken :ROTFL:
Hey Ken, whatever happened to the pigs-styled "Welland Wraps" in Phase One blue you were supposed to send to me in Denmark and Jürgen in Germany :grin::grin::grin:

Oh and BTW, I need two :angel::angel::angel:

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Hey Ken, whatever happened to the pigs-styled "Welland Wraps" in Phase One blue you were supposed to send to me in Denmark and Jürgen in Germany :grin::grin::grin:

Send me your address and I'll send you a genuine 'Welland Wrap' :chug:

jotloob

Subscriber Member

OOOOhhhh . That sounds interesting . Never heard of a blue "Welland Wrap" .
Could we have a picture please and can I sign up to the list . Of course willing to pay .
One can never have enough "blue rings" and blue "welland wraps" .