The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

beano_z

It's been painfully long since I shot some nice cityscapes for the last time, so I'm quite thrilled that I'm able to bring the big camera along on this trip to a very familiar city, but one which I've never seriously photographed.

Shot some digital files also trying out the dual exposure function and also shot some Ektar and some Portra, loving the flexibility of the ALPA rig!

I will post the final images in 'the other thread' when I'm done editing them...

WechatIMG499.jpeg

WechatIMG500.jpeg

WechatIMG501.jpeg

WechatIMG502.jpeg

med

Here is the BTS for the first trip out after the latest round of upgrades for my franken-Arca 4x5 which started its life as a F-Line Classic with 171mm standards, and has been upgraded piece by piece to nearly be an F-Metric Field C 4x5 with Orbix. This was a huge upgrade, replacing the rear function carrier which would surprise me with unintentional swings (deemed irreparable by Precision Camera), and the front format frame which previously had no rise/fall capability (it was lifted from my 6x9 Monolith). I'm sure you all know how important front rise capability is on a technical camera... The only piece left from the original camera now is the front function carrier which I'll likely keep as geared front shift is not worth the extra weight and cost to me. I absolutely love this camera!

Seen here at the edge of my camp site in Killarney Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada. Pollen production is quite out of hand this year, as can be seen in the water as well as settled on the bino-viewer. Anything left out of its case for more than a few minutes would get a nice coating of it.

Will post results once I have the film back from the lab.

M1010222.jpg

Pemihan

And tell her that it was a 'minor' change since last time (although playing the game that she's not as dumb as you'd like her to be). if you're friends these are little white lies that we reciprocate for a happy life. :D

I have a friend who plays this game and seems to get away with it but knowing his wife for 25 years I'm not convinced that he's getting away with it vs just silent acceptance.
Very few wives can tell the difference between IQ1 - IQ4 :grin::grin::grin:

bensonga

I certainly am Jurgen. Abandoned cars, boats, old machinery etc. I just ordered the book. Thanks for the recommendation!

Last edited: