Site Sponsors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Hassey Rumor: Open Platform H4D.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hassey Rumor: Open Platform H4D.

Quote Originally Posted by hcubell View Post
    Two question, Marc. What is "Absolute Position Lock"? And, how effectively do the 28 and 35-90 work on an H4D-60? The Hasselblad Q and A is vague on the latter issue.
    Perhaps someone else knows the answers to these questions.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Howard. Google is your friend: http://www.hasselblad.com/promotions/apl.aspx for APL and the font of all H knowledge: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/fo...=28151.10;wap2

I find it amusing that Nick's hasselbladdigitalforum.com has hardly even developed a sweat about the H4 X while LuLa is positively foaming and we all know what is happening here. Maybe we H believers are so dumb that we can't even recognise when we are being screwed.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    www.jeff-grant.com

Post Thanks / Like

Man, this thread turned crazy really quickly! Personally, having no horse in this "race", all things considered this seems like a smart move on Hasselblad's part.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I might be still far from digital MF but I have to say I'd really have a go with Hasselblad because I like their integration. It's just one thing that stops me here (except for the cost ) - it's the inability to use their back on technical cameras (I know there is a way but it's far from perfect).

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    Man, this thread turned crazy really quickly! Personally, having no horse in this "race", all things considered this seems like a smart move on Hasselblad's part.
    I agree. I just don't understand the heat. Hasselblad announce an upgrade path to the latest camera for users of older H kit and everyone goes into a frenzy. Meanwhile, Mamiya body users wait patiently for a new body sometime in the future and nobody seems to mind. Like I said, I just don't understand it at all.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    www.jeff-grant.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLF View Post
    OK, I might be still far from digital MF but I have to say I'd really have a go with Hasselblad because I like their integration. It's just one thing that stops me here (except for the cost ) - it's the inability to use their back on technical cameras (I know there is a way but it's far from perfect).
    FYI, The HD backs mount on any technical camera with the proper adapter just like any back. The one lacking aspect is there is no on-board battery so it requires a separate battery or use of the Image Bank-II when not tethered to a computer. The H4D/60 now has a port on the bottom of the back for a battery, and the battery solution for it is in final testing and very close to being offered.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    FYI, The HD backs mount on any technical camera with the proper adapter just like any back. The one lacking aspect is there is no on-board battery so it requires a separate battery or use of the Image Bank-II when not tethered to a computer. The H4D/60 now has a port on the bottom of the back for a battery, and the battery solution for it is in final testing and very close to being offered.

-Marc
    Thank you, Marc. That is promising. The idea of having fully integrated back + body + lens + software package with the option of attaching the back to a technical camera sounds like photo freedom to me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hcubell View Post
    Perhaps someone else knows the answers to these questions.
    Thanks.
    The quality of my 28mm with the H4D-60 is uncropped very good up to the edges if stopped down to 11 or 16.

But I should mentioned that I selected my copy out of 4 and not each copy's performance was acceptable.

Michael

Senior Member johnnygoesdigital's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLF View Post
    Thank you, Marc. That is promising. The idea of having fully integrated back + body + lens + software package with the option of attaching the back to a technical camera sounds like photo freedom to me
    There's the option too, of using a Hasselblad CFV DB for technical photography. These have on-board batteries like a Phase and no micro lenses, so you can go wide!

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad takes on wiener dog, Harley-Davidson, and a unique individual. The photo below is close to a 100% crop. It was taken with an obsolete H2f, CF-39 MS, and a HC120 I macro lens. The full-frame picture and story: http://bit.ly/th6seN
    Bob Rosinsky
    Lakeland, Florida
    www.topdogimaging.net