The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

40+ back question

nenes

Hi all . I know that always ask rare questions but i need to know .

Do you know if touching that part to clean it very softly will damage or move the sensor position...or something.

Please would be very happy if someone will know about it

thanks so much

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The metal surround of the sensor UV/IR filter is pretty robustly attached. Touching or cleaning it should not pose any issues with alignment etc unless you try it with a hammer.

You do need to be careful with the UV/IR filter glass though. (The sensor is underneath).

nenes

Ok ...I am sure that almost all of you own similar system, and some of you the same.
I am scare to move the right position of the sensor even if this part looks quite fixed but if i am asking is becouse i do not know it
I sure most of you already clean it or have some similar experience.
I would love to help someone with my experience instead to be always helped but....time to time....that time your help will be very important to me

Thanks again

nenes

The metal surround of the sensor UV/IR filter is pretty robustly attached. Touching or cleaning it should not pose any issues with alignment etc unless you try it with a hammer.

You do need to be careful with the UV/IR filter glass though. (The sensor is underneath).
Thanks soooooooo much for your response ....it made me breathe!!!!If i could i would bring you a bottle of wine!!!but....for what i know you own a hasselblad and it is not the same ?¿am i wrong?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'm not sure that I understand your question.

The sensor cover glass should only be cleaned using a sensor cleaning brush or wipes (Or kit). Nothing gets moved - you definitely do not want to do anything that might create any movements either (although I'm at a loss as to what you might move anyway).

The whole assembly is rigidly mounted and shouldn't have any opportunity for you to move it. Just be very gentle with it.

Distress call has been sent. LOL

I don't know what that slot is myself
Hmm, I don't remember seeing a slot on my P40+ ...

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
If you have questions regarding cleaning your sensor I'd consult with your dealer; that's why you buy from a knowledgable dealer you trust. I'm surprised they didn't cover it with you before hand - but I too forget to cover the basics with our customers sometimes.

But based on what I can understand from the language of your post, you have nothing to worry about cleaning the sensor provided you follow the manufacturer's instructions:
http://www.phaseone.com/en/search/article.aspx?articleid=1118&languageid=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyBD7PDhdQs

The glass should be respected - only clean it with the fluid provided by Phase and only in the way they recommend (see above). But the rest of the back's construction is of hard metal and is extremely hard to "break", dislodge or otherwise mess up.

But again, better to consult with your dealer. What we don't know is why you feel you need to clean it - the background to this question.

See the videos at the bottom of this page showing P+ backs supporting the weight of a 2.3-ton Jeep.
http://www.captureintegration.com/phase-one/new-backs/

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Masters Series Workshop:
New England Landscape - Fall Color (Oct 5-8)

nenes

The sensor cover glass should only be cleaned using a sensor cleaning brush or wipes (Or kit). Nothing gets moved - you definitely do not want to do anything that might create any movements either (although I'm at a loss as to what you might move anyway).

The whole assembly is rigidly mounted and shouldn't have any opportunity for you to move it. Just be very gentle with it.

Sorry :) i am not talking about the sensor surface, if not about the metal square around the sensor with the little screws (4 on each side)

I am very careful with the sensor :)

lance_schad

Workshop Member

Hmm, I don't remember seeing a slot on my P40+ ...
I was confused for a second as well.
I think that is just a line he put there to represent the metal area.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay I got confused as hell too . I thought it was a slot. I was like do I put a quarter in there and pull the handle or what. ROTFLMAO

nenes

Okay I got confused as hell too . I thought it was a slot. I was like do I put a quarter in there and pull the handle or what. ROTFLMAO
je,je,je no no , i just put that line there to make it more visible.

there is no slot, but, before it was a bit dirty and i cleaned soooo i was scare that maybe that part was aligned with the sensor and i moved

nenes

If you have questions regarding cleaning your sensor I'd consult with your dealer; that's why you buy from a knowledgable dealer you trust. I'm surprised they didn't cover it with you before hand - but I too forget to cover the basics with our customers sometimes.

But based on what I can understand from the language of your post, you have nothing to worry about cleaning the sensor provided you follow the manufacturer's instructions:
http://www.phaseone.com/en/search/article.aspx?articleid=1118&languageid=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyBD7PDhdQs

The glass should be respected - only clean it with the fluid provided by Phase and only in the way they recommend (see above). But the rest of the back's construction is of hard metal and is extremely hard to "break", dislodge or otherwise mess up.

But again, better to consult with your dealer. What we don't know is why you feel you need to clean it - the background to this question.

See the videos at the bottom of this page showing P+ backs supporting the weight of a 2.3-ton Jeep.
http://www.captureintegration.com/phase-one/new-backs/

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Masters Series Workshop:
New England Landscape - Fall Color (Oct 5-8)
Hi Doug, THANKS FOR YOUR TIME :)

My question was about that metal part of the back(4screws on each sie)

IT was dirty and I cleaned very soft but after clean it ,i was scare that this metal part was to get aligned the sensor or something similar .

I did not touch the sensor just this metal frame with the 4 screws on each side

Thanks for your time

BEST REGARDS