Site Sponsors

Thread: Is Alpa Hpf ring for Rodenstock Helicals compatible with Cambo WRS and Rodenstock

Post Thanks / Like

Is Alpa Hpf ring for Rodenstock Helicals compatible with Cambo WRS and Rodenstock

Hello all,It's my first thread and post here.I must say I enjoy and benefit greatly from every thread that you guys post.
    I have just upgraded from 35 mm to MF system.I have a Cambo W-RS with Rodenstock 23 mm,40 mm(tilt&swing) and 70 mm(tilt&swing) lenses which I love all.I need couple of suggestions from more experieced MF users:
    1)Can I use Alpa Hpf ring for Rodenstock with my system?
    2)Do I need center filters for my lenses and any recommendation ?
    3)Do I need lens hoods ?

I really appreciate your help and wish the best shots for you guys.
    Hope to ppst my shots soon.
    Ziya Tacir

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Alpa Hpf ring for Rodenstock Helicals compatible with Cambo WRS and Rodenstock

Wow, nice kit and great choice of glass.

Strongly suggest the CF for the 23mm, others probably ok with just LCC.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Is Alpa Hpf ring for Rodenstock Helicals compatible with Cambo WRS and Rodenstock

Quote Originally Posted by Ztacir View Post
    Hello all,It's my first thread and post here.I must say I enjoy and benefit greatly from every thread that you guys post.
    I have just upgraded from 35 mm to MF system.I have a Cambo W-RS with Rodenstock 23 mm,40 mm(tilt&swing) and 70 mm(tilt&swing) lenses which I love all.I need couple of suggestions from more experieced MF users:
    1)Can I use Alpa Hpf ring for Rodenstock with my system?
    2)Do I need center filters for my lenses and any recommendation ?
    3)Do I need lens hoods ?

I really appreciate your help and wish the best shots for you guys.
    Hope to ppst my shots soon.
    Ziya Tacir
    Hi Ziya

Great to see you here. I agree with Ed although I did pretty good without the CF on my 160 the 180 though might be best to have it. That 23mm is one sweet lens . The 40mm does not need a CF nor the 70

On the Alpa rings I am not sure on the rings for the Rodenstock.

Lens hood for the 23mm is almost impossible and may not help much since it would be so wide and not cutoff any sun.

Look at the show me your tech cam thread as there are some shades that you can use with the Cambo
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com