Site Sponsors

Thread: Special Hasselblad Trade In Offer

Post Thanks / Like

Special Hasselblad Trade In Offer

Hi Getdpi,

Sorry for the sales orientated post, but this follows on from the rather heated H4X thread.

Anticipating that our current H3D and H4D owners would also like something nice for Christmas, we are pleased to announce a time limited offer on our upgrade program.

We would like to offer any Hasselblad or other medium format owner a special deal: We have reduced the current prices on our trade-in programme, meaning a saving of up to 6,400 against today's current prices.

So those of you who were interested in adding True Focus functionality to equipment prior to the H4D then this is a much better cost to benefit proposition.

Not only will the H4D give you access to True focus, but the additional new features of the higher resolution display, one click focus check, rear display info (top LCD info displayed on the rear). Not to mention owning a complete new camera.

Full details available from your Hasselblad dealer. Don't delay as this offer is only until the end of the year. (Period 2nd November to 31st December).

David.

(cross posted on Luminous Landscape)

Senior Member johnnygoesdigital's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Special Hasselblad Trade In Offer

Thanks David,

As to be expected, Hasselblad has tailored its new announcement to suit most Hasselblad owners. Perhaps this will keep the rhetoric to a minimum...or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnnygoesdigital View Post

Perhaps this will keep the rhetoric to a minimum...or not.
    Thanks Johnny.

I already notice that this thread has very little comment.

Post Thanks / Like

no comment

Thank you David

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by johnnygoesdigital View Post
    Thanks David,

As to be expected, Hasselblad has tailored its new announcement to suit most Hasselblad owners. Perhaps this will keep the rhetoric to a minimum...or not.
    Was this really needed , come on. You want rhetoric to end than stop posting to entice it. Its really pretty simple.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Was this really needed , come on. You want rhetoric to end than stop posting to entice it. Its really pretty simple.
    Thank you, Guy, you are mensch.

Kind regards,
    Derek

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

LOL and I know some Yiddish to boot. LOL

Thanks

BTW great news for Hassy owners.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like

Meaning "a person of integrity and honor."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensch

Kind regards,
    Derek

LOL and I know some Yiddish to boot. LOL

Thanks

BTW great news for Hassy owners.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I knew that is exactly what you meant for sure and very nice of you to say.

Post Thanks / Like

Guy, my comment was meant to be a nice way of saying thank you to Hasselblad and all the non users of their equipment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sorry but I will stick to exactly how most of us read it. Unnecessary comment.

Post Thanks / Like

David, can you explain the offer a little more for H4D owners? What would they trade in for? A higher resolution H4D? A switch to the H4X? I know you want us to talk to our dealers but you mentioned this deal being for H3D and H4D owners, and I'm just trying to understand the offer.

[update] Nevermind. Talked to a dealer and got the answer.
    Last edited by sflxn; 1st November 2011 at 14:48.

Post Thanks / Like

Guy,

There's no need to respond, but you always read so much more into my comments then what is intended. My intention was to give David Grover a friendly back up, considering some of the roughing up he took in the previous thread, which you yourself said should have been stopped. My comment was in relation to a previous one, when I mentioned Hasselblad would adjust its upgrade offering to suit those most put off by their recent upgrade announcement.

To David Grover, I absolutely meant no disrespect.

Post Thanks / Like

None taken Johnny, and the comment was very much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Grover / Hasselblad View Post
    None taken Johnny, and the comment was very much appreciated.
    Thanks-

considering I too, was a bit harsh when first joining this forum, I appreciate the professionalism shown by David Grover. It's one of the reasons i've stayed with Hasselblad.

Post Thanks / Like

David Grover:
    Does the electronic spirit level from the H4d-60 work in the viewfinder of the H4X, or is it disabled because you need the Hassy back to calibrate it?
    Thanks, Howard

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Howard,

The spirit level is a function of the back and the body, so it won't be available on the H4x. You'll need an H4D for that.

David

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

David:

out of curiosity, when I had my H39, I recall there was a non-functional menu item on the back that had something to do with auto-horizon. any comment on what that was all about?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't recall there being any Auto Horizon feature on the H3D39. The component inside wasn't as finite as the True Focus ones and was only there to rotate automatically the images for Portrait and Landscape.

There is a function that allowed you to lock this to 0, 90, 270... etc degrees for copy work. Could that have been it?

David
    Last edited by Guy Mancuso; 3rd November 2011 at 06:11. Reason: admin edit to reflect deleted posts

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Warning: lets stop the enticing comments and added sales pitches folks. I had to do some editing this morning and frankly I'm not exactly happy wasting my time on this. Anyone have a issue than PM ME.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Guy (I hope you don't mind me not PM'ing you my appreciation).

Kind regards,
    Derek

Warning: lets stop the enticing comments and added sales pitches folks. I had to do some editing this morning and frankly I'm not exactly happy wasting my time on this. Anyone have a issue than PM ME.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No need it is a thankless job. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

All good Guy.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

thanks david, that was probably it...been a source of mystery

Post Thanks / Like

I personally quite like enticing comments and sales pitches. If there's a deal out there I want to know about it!

First off, I can understand you not wanting companies that do not pay to advertise on your site promoting themselves by the back door. I'm not quite sure I agree with it, since it tends to skew the site towards particular manufacturers, but it's your site and I respect that.

However, I think there should be some leeway given when it comes to any company informing us about short term promotions (whether that's 50% off Lightroom for 24hrs or $5k off a MFDB for 30 days). These sorts of things are mostly brought to the public attention by dealer newsletters, word of mouth, blogs ... or indeed posts on a forum such as GetDPI ... and it's only natural that in the back and forth discussion that inevitably arises there is going to be some additional discussion of the merits and/or weaknesses of the product line that is the subject of the promotion.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think when Guy mentioned "enticing comments," he was referring to comments that elicit responses and argument. Maybe "inciting" is a better word, but it's clear that the objection was not to the mention by a representative of a new product, but of what appeared to be an attempt to start another kerfuffle. For example, the comment that "[p]erhaps this will keep the rhetoric to a minimum...or not."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jim there is a place on GetDPI where 'promotions' and 'sales' related items are supposed to be posted , the Commercial Vendor Sales and Services area.
    It's a great place to keep abreast of the latest promotions & events.

Sometimes when responding to a question on the forum it is unavoidable for us Value Added Resellers not to make mention of something directly sales related, but I appreciate that Jack and Guy have created that area to keep the regular sections pretty much sales free. I think it has worked out well.

Lance
    LANCE SCHAD - Digital Transitions - Phase One,Mamiya | Leaf,Arca-Swiss,Cambo, Profoto
    direct/cell:610-496-5586 office:877-367-8537x224
    http://www.digitaltransitions.com email:[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by f8orbust View Post
    I personally quite like enticing comments and sales pitches. If there's a deal out there I want to know about it!

First off, I can understand you not wanting companies that do not pay to advertise on your site promoting themselves by the back door. I'm not quite sure I agree with it, since it tends to skew the site towards particular manufacturers, but it's your site and I respect that.

However, I think there should be some leeway given when it comes to any company informing us about short term promotions (whether that's 50% off Lightroom for 24hrs or $5k off a MFDB for 30 days). These sorts of things are mostly brought to the public attention by dealer newsletters, word of mouth, blogs ... or indeed posts on a forum such as GetDPI ... and it's only natural that in the back and forth discussion that inevitably arises there is going to be some additional discussion of the merits and/or weaknesses of the product line that is the subject of the promotion.

Jim
    Absolutely Zero difference if they are sponsors or not . If that was the case it would have been deleted immediately from even starting a thread in the first place. It's what has been deleted in three posts is my reference. Folks this is a public forum and no restrictions period on a OEM posting info on there products as long as it follows the rules set by commercial vendors. Jim if that was the case Alpa, Hassy, Leica , Phase, Arca, Nikon, Canon, Sony OEMs would not be allowed to post since none of them are sponsors. Obviously not the case they are all here or most of them are posting.

This thread as Lance points out actually should be in the commercial vending area by definition of our rules. I let it stay and that is MY decision.

Just to be very clear our paid sponsors are retail shops not OEMs. Arca is somewhat a exception. But each paid sponsor sells a variety of product. Maybe you all should click on there links and actually support them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by stephengilbert View Post
    I think when Guy mentioned "enticing comments," he was referring to comments that elicit responses and argument. Maybe "inciting" is a better word, but it's clear that the objection was not to the mention by a representative of a new product, but of what appeared to be an attempt to start another kerfuffle. For example, the comment that "[p]erhaps this will keep the rhetoric to a minimum...or not."
    Exactly and thanks for explaining it. The mods will do things on this forum that don't need a explanation every time we have to work on something to keep the harmony around here. You have a issue once again send us a private message.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi David - how 'bout a trade in program for those of us coming from 35mm DSLR land