The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sample Pics with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2?

Hey everyone,
I tried googling some sample pictures taken with a Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 HC , but couldn't find any good examples. If anyone has some pictures they've done with this lens, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sharokin

These were all shot with the Hassy HC 100 F/2.2, mostly wide open on an H4D 40.
Amazing that I could shoot straight into the sun and get no flare where my Canon 85L flared, tremendously.
In my mind this is easily the best AF portrait lens in MF.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

Shot (by me) with a Phase One digital P45+ back and the HC110/2.2 wide open.

Along with the Phase One 150D and Schneider 110LS this is one of my favorite lenses on any camera platform for sharp-in-focus/buttery-out-of-focus shallow DOF shots.

I echo the above comments that this lens is especially resistant to (unpleasant) flare. The 150D and 110LS are also quite nice like that. The Zeiss 85/1.4 for Canon is a bit better in this regard than the Canon 85/1.2 L but still not in the league of these three lenses.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off