The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

[MiddleFormat] Affordable First Camera System

K

kampret77

Greetings,

Hi I am Sanga living in germany. I am considering to have a MM camera system. Let say I fall in love with the richness of the color.

I mainly shoot landscape and sometime fashion and maybe later classic nude. I have 5dmk1 currently.

After researching the inet, I get lost and am drown because too many choices and to many consideration, like dm vs leaf vs phase one (the sensor quality + upgrade option). The various lens type and body, mamiya afd 1,2,3, dm, RZ. Or better Dm 33 not dm 22 etc etc, make me drown and dont know which one is suitable for me.

I consider mamiya dm 22 with 80mm 2.8 but it is too much for beginner like me, cost 7k € (even maybe i will buy it if it is still the best option).

I find several option like 80mm+mamiya afd ii+ zd 22 or aptus II 5 digital back which cost around 4500€.

1. landscape and some fashion or portrait
2. digital + AF body system
3. portable (i like traveling )
4. 1 good wide lens (don't mind if it is manual as long as a focusing screen) and later maybe a good portrait lens
5. affordable for a really new beginner who want to start shooting in MM (and still have his decent lunch+ dinner and not getting BROKE)
6. (nice to have) a bit higher flash sync.

I would like to have maybe mamiya system because it looks that it is affordable for me but still open my mind for any option.

best regard
sanga
*the confused MM new commer*