The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

probably a synchproblem

danlindberg

Here it is, I was shooting an assignment yesterday on location and it almost became a nightmare.

I needed the SK 35 XL for interiorshots and using my profoto flash for fill. Connecting the synchcable to the back and exposing as normal. The flash goes off as normal, the exposure from the leaf shutter works normal, BUT the flash does not register in the file. I tried long exposures and short ones, the flash goes off but the result is the same as if I disconnect the flash.

OK, after trying and trying wiht the same result I put on the SK 72 L just to see what happens. Yes, works perfect on all exposures. Then tried the SK 120 N, yes, works perfect.

Which means two things. It is not operator fault and something is up with the 35 XL.

Anyone has a clue of what to do?

O

Optechs Digital

Hi Dan,

I have seen a similar problem happen. Check to see that the lever that will open and close the lens for ground glass viewing etc, is completely closed.

I have had a lens in the past that would do odd things as you describe if it was not completely engaged in the closed position. Good luck.

Paul

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Also make sure you are on a shutter speed and not in between one. But Paul is most likely correct here. Make sure lens is closed

danlindberg

Paul, great! You were right. I did not see that the lens was not completely closed. Problem solved.

Isn't nice when it is so easy :D