The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CF adaptor and H1.7X with H3DII-31

s.agar

Can these be used together on H3DII-31?

I have the CF adaptor and a 180mm/4 Zeiss lens. I intend to buy the H1.7X if the setup works.

Best regards

Seyhun

fotografz

No, it does not work. The CF adapter will not fit into the 1.7X. That is for H/C lenses 100mm and up but was specifically formulated for the H/C 300/4.5

The solution you want is the CF adapter on the H camera, then the V system 1.4XE or 2XE converter, then your 180/4. (mounted in that order)

With the CF adapter mounted, the H camera allows programing of specific lenses ... all possible C type lenses are there, including both XE converters I just mentioned.

If your 180/4 is a CFE version, and you use a 1.4XE or 2XE, the H camera automatically recognizes the entire set up and you need not program anything into the camera.

s.agar

Thanks a lot.

Seyhun

No, it does not work. The CF adapter will not fit into the 1.7X. That is for H/C lenses 100mm and up but was specifically formulated for the H/C 300/4.5

The solution you want is the CF adapter on the H camera, then the V system 1.4XE or 2XE converter, then your 180/4. (mounted in that order)

With the CF adapter mounted, the H camera allows programing of specific lenses ... all possible C type lenses are there, including both XE converters I just mentioned.

If your 180/4 is a CFE version, and you use a 1.4XE or 2XE, the H camera automatically recognizes the entire set up and you need not program anything into the camera.

s.agar

Zeiss document states "In its zero position,
the PC Mutar@ T* lAx converter can also be used as anormal
teleconverter with the Zeiss lenses up to a focallength of
100 mm." If the PCfunction of the Mutar converter is required,
we recommend using it together with Zeiss lenses with a focal
length tram f = 40 mm to f = 80 mm"

I will be using as a normal teleconverter, but I wonder why is the 100mm mentioned as max? I guess that may be because of the design optimization of the optical elements.

I will appreciate any user's comments on this. I have seen one on Ebay, but did not quote yet.

Best regards

Seyhun

YOu could get the 1.4x PC mutar if you want something to increase the focal range of the 180mm

fotografz

Zeiss document states "In its zero position,
the PC Mutar@ T* lAx converter can also be used as anormal
teleconverter with the Zeiss lenses up to a focallength of
100 mm." If the PCfunction of the Mutar converter is required,
we recommend using it together with Zeiss lenses with a focal
length tram f = 40 mm to f = 80 mm"

I will be using as a normal teleconverter, but I wonder why is the 100mm mentioned as max? I guess that may be because of the design optimization of the optical elements.

I will appreciate any user's comments on this. I have seen one on Ebay, but did not quote yet.

Best regards

Seyhun
PC Mutar can NOT be used in conjuntion with the CF Adapter on the H system. The sync cord that runs from the front of the CF Adapter to the Lens sync port blocks any attempt to mount the PC Mutar. If you remove the sync cord from the CF Adapter, the PC Mutar will mount ... but then there is no firing connection between the camera body and PC mutar or lens.

Again, your choices are the T* coated 1.4XE or 2XE :thumbup: