Site Sponsors

Thread: Who knows about imacon 132c

simon shields

Who knows about imacon 132c

I have just purchased the imacon 132c to go on my Hassy 503cx. I am trying to find some information on the back and even some cool movies or even images of people using and images taken with this setup. i.e. 503cx and 132c...

i havent received the back but i am super excited.

I shoot with profoto lighting in the studio and on location so i am trying to get my head around what cables and setup i need to wirelessly use my triggers etc.

would love to see some pics or a vid of this type of v series set-up.

thanks troops

Simon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who knows about imacon 132c

Hey Simon!

Congrats on your purchase.

Imacon was my 'old' company before we merged with Hasselblad.

The 132 is a really solid performer.

To wirelessly use your flash, you just need to get the flash sync output on the lens to your Pocket Wizard / Whatever trigger you are using.

If you don't want the Pocket Wizard dangling about there is a hotshoe adapter which fits on the side of the 503, which you could then mount the PW on.

Make sure on the 132C you have it set to the V system.. i.e. 503 or flash sync in the camera menu. Maybe when you have the kit, it is easier to talk you through it.

David

Post Thanks / Like

I used a 132C for some time. It is an excellent performer, and very stable in use. But, I hope you do not live in a humid environment. I went to India for three months (not during the monsoon!), and the back had to be sent to Denmark for cleaning. I had no problems with my other equipment which included six lenses and a Betterlight back. All the equipment was stored properly, with lots of silica-gel. The Japanese distributor wanted to charge an exorbitant amount for the cleaning, but David helped me to get an RMA and I ended up paying the same amount as the US and Europe.

This is not an isolated problem. It is well-documented, and unfortunately, I did not research it before buying.

If you live in a dry area, you will be very happy with this back. And David is great at helping out!

Kumar

simon shields

Thanks for that David. I will probably be swinging some questions your way when the back arrives if thats ok

I am in Australia so i dont think ill have to many problems with Humidity. Is this a common problem with the back or just an unlucky customer???

know of any photo's taken with this setup or photo;s or videos of the setup.

thanks heaps really appreciate it

Simon

Post Thanks / Like

Google Imacon 132C fungus.

Kumar

simon shields

thats a bit of a worry. as i havent been able to inspect the back as its being sent from a member on here from LA so hope that hasnt happened there. fingers crossed.

wow you have scared me now mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if he's a member, you have no worries. In my experience, people here are honest about describing stuff. You should simply take care in future.

Kumar

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Simon, I live 500 metres from a beach in Sydney. I store my gear in a dehumidifier cabinet. They are a really cheap investment to avoid seeing fungus on your gear.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    www.jeff-grant.com