The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mac Solution For Medium Format Files

shaunmlavery

Ditto on pulling the optical drive. My MBP has been setup like this for 2 years. SSD for startup, OS, ETC and old school drive for the filing cabinet, photos, music. Works great as long as you don't hang out with people who like optical media!

Just a quick question, will a 17" MBP fit in a 1510 pelican? I put my 15" in the lid when I travel. It looks like it would.

Vincent Goetz

Subscriber Member
:)Guy, you just cost me $600+. My new SSD drive will be here tomorrow, and then I will decide if I can forgive you. Oh yeah, a little extra memory also...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Carbon cloaner is what I use and there is another could cleaning software just can't remember the name.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just to update working now with the Pegasus R4 which is the 4 1TB drive setup running Raid0. Have to say i was a little worried but this is turning out to be a huge benefit for me as the External Drive is as fast as my SSD which means i can actually work off that drive instead of downloading a 90GB file to the desktop took about 3 years to come from Firewire 800 than work on it and than replace it back on the Firewire. That extra work which don't sound like much but try that 5 times a day and you will see what i mean. Today I can just go to the externals run say 10 more files from one of my session folders save than copy over to the Drobo which I don't care how long that takes as i can go work on something else while it does that. Eventually I will get rid of the Drobo and add a second T bolt Raid 5 arrangement but for now this working out to be a big Plus for laptop users . In essence the only thing I am lacking in general from a big MP now is cores since now my external acts like a internal on a MP. This is HUGE of me. Sure 16gb seems like a limit but its pretty good still and i won't get to a MP but i'm also mobile so you take that in consideration and the high end laptop gets very close to a MP with a setup like the Pegasus. So far i am very very happy and well worth the cost. BTW i paid 939 for mine so look around and don't buy from Apple at 1169. I can finally not listen to Bob and Jack whine how weak my system is. Yea i am badass now and eat Cobra for breakfast the little Cobras at least. ROTFLMAO :poke: