The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rodenstock 35/4 Vs Schneider 35/5.6 For Alpa

N

Natasa Stojsic

That would be great if we could test out the lenses to see exactly the differences on the 12Max. I was at Samy's in Los Angeles and the dealer there didn't want to put the 12Max together because it was his only body :mad:
That is precisely what destroys Sinar's brand name in US:mad: those kind of
individuals with similar attitudes!!!

Hopefully soon it will change for better!!!

N

Natasa Stojsic

Thanks Thierry, looks like the new Rodenstock 23mm HR lens will be available with an Alpa mount too! It was a good thing I didn't buy the 24XL, this lens will be perfect for my work.

23HR
Andrew, thanks for the link:thumbup:....

Although, you know what this means right... hehehehe:p!!!

BTW: If you happen to have two ski masks, give me a call... I'll fly with you:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Last edited:
T

thsinar

hi Natasa,

12max = Sinar?! Would be new for me!

I guess this time it is somebody else to be blamed, not Sinar and/or its distributors/dealers.

Or am I wrong?

;)

Best regards,
Thierry

That is precisely what destroys Sinar's brand name in US:mad: those kind of
individuals with similar attitudes!!!

Hopefully soon it will change for better!!!

N

Natasa Stojsic

... then you will be pleased with the new coming Sinaron Digital 23 mm (Rodenstock) for the arTec ...

:)

Thierry
Thierry, I think it could be a good and practical idea to make an adapter to mount Alpa lenses to arTec:thumbup:

As you know... the idea is viable and has been done with LF even 35mm successfully before.... So, I don't see a problem there!!!

I got your PM on LL and I'll wait after Photokina so we can arrange something:thumbup:

T

thsinar

Got it Natasa.

My guess is that one way or another there will be Alpa (understand Schneider/Alpa) adapters available for the arTec.
Not un-doable but infinity setting has to be checked very carefully.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry, I think it could be a good and practical idea to make an adapter to mount Alpa lenses to arTec:thumbup:

As you know... the idea is viable and has been done with LF even 35mm successfully before.... So, I don't see a problem there!!!

I got your PM on LL and I'll wait after Photokina so we can arrange something:thumbup:

N

Natasa Stojsic

hi Natasa,

12max = Sinar?! Would be new for me!

I guess this time it is somebody else to be blamed, not Sinar and/or its distributors/dealers.

Or am I wrong?

;)

Best regards,
Thierry
Thierry, you know I mean Sinar in general suffers exactly because of this kind of attitude served to Andrew by Samy's.... Obviously not the 12 Max:p

As we all know 12 Max is ALPA:thumbup:

Remember James and his desire to test Sinar M Camera, practically the same thing!!!

The only Dealer I would put my trust that sells Sinar (and I don't know him good yet) is Jeff from Foto Care NY and that is because all of my friends buy there without a single problem!!!

Thierry, if you want to name few more please do:thumbup:

Last edited:
N

Natasa Stojsic

Got it Natasa.

My guess is that one way or another there will be Alpa (understand Schneider/Alpa) adapters available for the arTec.
Not un-doable but infinity setting has to be checked very carefully.

Best regards,
Thierry
Thierry, that would totally be Logical & Practical thing to do since arTec
already made a huge impression on all of us Word-Wide:thumbup:

As far as checking infinity is concerned... we hope not to use wedding speed
when we shoot with arTec, so I guess we should be OK:p

Just to make it clear... I'm not blaming Sinar, OK:thumbup:

T

thsinar

yes, I know: I just did as if I wouldn't!
;)

With your permission:

ULSAKER STUDIO, in East Hartford, CT: Michael Ulsacker, a very knowledgeable and helpful person.

PROFESSIONAL PHOTO RESOURCES, in Atlanta: Steve Hendrix has unfortunately left recently, but his replacement can be trusted as well.

DODD CAMERA, in Cleveland.

Sorry for all the dealers which I don't know personally, but am sure there are others.

From SBI, a person to know and contact:

Dave McRitchie
Regional Manager
17 Progress St
Edison, NJ 08820

(603) 867-1813 Cell
(603) 965-0328 Fax
(800) 456-0203 Main Office

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry, you know I mean Sinar in general suffers exactly because of this kind of attitude served to Andrew by Samy's.... Obviously not the 12 Max:p

As we all know 12 Max is ALPA:thumbup:

Remember James and his desire to test Sinar M Camera, practically the same thing!!!

The only Dealer I would put my trust that sells Sinar (and I don't know him good yet) is Jeff from Foto Care NY and that is because all of my friends buy there without a single problem!!!

Thierry, if you want to name few more please do:thumbup:

M

Mort54

According to Alpa's site, there will also be a new Rodenstock 4.0/40 HR available, in addition to the new 5.6/23 HR.

T

thsinar

... and BTW, nothing to do here in this topic, but as a pre-information:

I shall (very) soon publish the Sinar Hy6 - 65 camera system prices, here and elsewhere.

May be this night, if not too late and too tired, may be tomorrow, if I feel so.
So be kind with me!

:ROTFL:

Thierry

C

carbonmetrictree

Hey guys I'm going to start a new thread for the 23HR so that we don't totally hijack this thread :ROTFL:

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Andrew the 23HR sounds great. Still trying to dig some more info up for everyone .
Your new ALPA MAX/28HR should be in your hands tomorrow (thank you Guy for the adapter!).
Looking forward to seeing some images off of it.

PS put a little surprise in the box.

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
Capture Integration
[email protected]

L

C

carbonmetrictree

Lance, you are one of a kind. I visit my family on the Big Island of Hawaii every year, I'm almost thinking you need to come one of these days! You and Guy for that matter!

Andrew the 23HR sounds great. Still trying to dig some more info up for everyone .
Your new ALPA MAX/28HR should be in your hands tomorrow (thank you Guy for the adapter!).
Looking forward to seeing some images off of it.

PS put a little surprise in the box.

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
Capture Integration
[email protected]

L